Home

Would You Like To See Changing Whether Patterns In KOTOR III?

kookaburra

Hello

Would anyone like to see changing wheather patterns in KOTOR III? (eg tatooine is fine and sunny one visit and then the next time you visit it rains) and the the next question comes in to mind is would you like to see many planets change from day to night each time you visit them making the visits to the planets more real.

It might be a nice detail, but if K3 turns out as engrossing as the other two, it is unnecessary until you play the game several times to become aware of that sort of thing. For example: I remember that it wasn't until my third or fourth run through on K1 that I noticed that it was nighttime on Taris. I was so intent on exploring and figuring out who I could talk to that I never looked at the sky.

I would like to see different times of day but only if it was tied to quests or merchants. Imagine doing a quest but having to meet a contact at spot A at midnight or midday otherwise he wouldnt be there and you couldnt carry on the mission.

That would be awesome. I'd love to have rain on, say, Kashyyyk, or something like that. It would probably be hard, and like The Doctor said the modding would probably be harder (unless the whole feature was script-based).

The question one must ask before considering quests based on weather or day/night cycle is how long does that cycle last?

If I can only complete a quest at night, how much time will I have to sit on my butt doing nothing before being able to do it?

It's a nice feature, but making quests based on the weather or time of the day is a little harder.

The question one must ask before considering quests based on weather or day/night cycle is how long does that cycle last?

If I can only complete a quest at night, how much time will I have to sit on my butt doing nothing before being able to do it?

It's a nice feature, but making quests based on the weather or time of the day is a little harder.

Thats another point. We'd have to wait to finish quests for hours at a time sometimes. That would suck.

Archived