• Mace Windu
    • Jaina Solo
    • Jacen Solo
    • Kit Fisto
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going with the Doctor on this one,the Jedi are the worst,they always say one thing and due another,they just cannot see past there own nose.

As far as Palpatine begging for his life when Mace had a saber to him,I belive it was for Anakin's benifit to see the Jedi for what they are,not what they say they are,if you remember after after Anakin took his arm off,the all so weak and defeated Palpatine zaped him out a window and half way into orbit,did not look like he was weak to me,Yoda could not even beat him,he ran away and when into hiding.

Bunch of self absorbed-self-righteous a***oles that cannot even follow there own rules,least the sith or dark side useres make no bones about who or what they are and do.

An example of it is in episode III everyone says the dark side seduced Anakin.I say the jedi made him turn,asking him to do things against the Jedi code,then the all so great Jedi master Mace Windu was going to kill an unarmed prisoner,a major no no in the Jedi code,Anakin just realised that the sith were what they say they are,not hiding behind some code that they cannot follow.

I am not saying the sith are great people or good but at least they talk that talk and walk it also.

I did not vote on any one Sith,anyone who who stands against the Jedi are my hero's.

CrimeScene

You know what, if Anakin had done what the council wanted everything would have come out right. If he had not killed Mace, then Mace would have killed Palpatine and it would have been all over. The reason Mace was going to kill Palpatine was because Mace knew that Palpatine would get away free from a trial and would just take over. If you, CrimeScene, had been a Jedi and let him live, you would have just annihilated the Jedi singlehandedly right there. Mace had no other choice. Anakin was such a close friend to Palps that he couldn't let him die, besides, he knew that Palpatine was the only one that could save his wife.

The Jedi caused him to turn? What were you doing when you went to see the movie? Did you just disregard Anakin's killing of the defenceless Count Dooku, his absolute violation of the Jedi code by marrying Padme, his slaughter of the sand people and his going back home to find his mother? Anakin was the one who didn't follow the rules first here. Anakin turned because he wanted to save Padme.

I am not saying the Jedi are perfect, just that you give the Sith way too much credit and don't give the Jedi any. The Sith are the ones who hide and pretend to be someone else, did you not notice what Palpatine was doing? He was backstabbing the whole Jedi Order and the Republic.

Oh, and I think you mean "Jedi Council." It was not the Jedi as a whole, it was the Jedi council or specifically Yoda, Mace, and maybe a few others that messed up. Don't bring all the Masters, Knights, and Younglings into it, saying they couldn't see past their own noses. If anything, it was some of the Jedi Council, not the Jedi Order. Especially don't be talking about Obi-Wan and Luke, and others, they were definitely not like your description of the Jedi.

My favorite is Quinlan Vos, I was so sad when I found out his scene was cut from the film. But at least he is still mentioned by Obi-Wan ealry on, and he is in the background in Episode 1 on Tatooine.

Also I completely agree that Anakin fell on his own. But also that it was necessary for him as the Chosen One. The prophecy said he would bring balance to the force, not swing it into the lightside's favor. Which is why he HAD to fall, so he could understand the nature of the dark side. Anakin destroyed the Sith, but also his fall made Obi-Wan realize something was wrong with the way they were teaching Jedi. In the ROTS novel Yoda tells Obi-Wan to avoid teaching Luke like they used to, but rather take a wait and see approach. This caused Luke to also be exposed to things the Jedi hid students from. It is very obvious that while Luke hates evil, he is actually a Gray Jedi. None of the Jedi in the Old Republic used Force Choke or dressed in all black like Luke. That is how Anakin brought balance to the force, by forcing the Jedi to see the errors in their teaching and allow for his son to be a balanced Jedi, and become the only Jedi so that Luke's teachings are the basis for the next generaltion of Jedi.

I don't know how it would have went if he would have listen to Jedi counsul,I do know they asked him to do alot of stuff that goes against there own rules,I don't remeber a add on to the rule of not killing prisoners,Raven was far worse then Palpatine,and yet they spared him,Mace gave into his hate of the sith,why else would murder be justified but for hate?

So whats the diffrence in what Anakin did to what Mace was going to do? In the end killing is killing,he marryed out of love great big crime there,oh ya being happy is against the Jedi code,has to be becuse none of the Jedi I have ever seen in the movies seem to happy or plesent.

Ya he was backstabbing the Jedi,thats what Sith do,they make no bones about it,if your weak enough to be manipulated they will,same thing of attcking an enemy even if there back is turned and they tell you all that,there are no rules in a fight.

Ahh but the Jedi councul takes responsibility for messing up,since they are the teachers and the counsule, and do admit it is theres a few times in the movies,how powerfull can they be when all of them in the same room can't even sence a sith lord 5 feet from them?

Obi leaves a person he calls his brother on the ground with 2 legs 1 arm missing and catching on fire and does what to help him? According to the Jedi code no one is beyond redemption,and of course back to the killing of an unarmed prisoner witch at that point he was, add to the fact Yoda told Obi to find and kill him,not save him or bring him back is possable.

Lets see Luke (according to the books) falls under the teachings of a Sith Lord and in a diffrent one weds,out go the rules again,rules that the Jedi pretch,they need to make up there mind on what they stand for.

I am not saying the Jedi are as bad as the sith,there bolth as bad as the other,I just prefer the sith, least they admit to being a hypocrisy not hiding the fact like the Jedi.

CrimeScene

Killing a Sith Lord is not against the Jedi code.

how powerfull can they be when all of them in the same room can't even sence a sith lord 5 feet from them?

So it seems you never watched the movies but Episode III, and even then didn't pay much attention.

Obi leaves a person he calls his brother on the ground with 2 legs 1 arm missing and catching on fire and does what to help him?

He tried to help him, but considering Anakin wouldn't even listen to him... yeah. He's a jedi, but he realizes that it was futile.

According to the Jedi code no one is beyond redemption

Pffft.

and of course back to the killing of an unarmed prisoner witch at that point he was, add to the fact Yoda told Obi to find and kill him,not save him or bring him back is possable.

The whole point is that he actually is lost, the only reason he turns back in Jedi is because of his son. His son becomes what he would have had he not given into the dark side.

Lets see Luke (according to the books) falls under the teachings of a Sith Lord and in a diffrent one weds,out go the rules again,rules that the Jedi pretch,they need to make up there mind on what they stand for.

EU is bull**** and doesn't matter in a debate on the movies. EU != Cannon.

Who's your favourite Jedi (BTW, this is different from the "Who's your favourite Jedi Master" thread because it includes ALL Jedi from the games, movies, etc.)? Mine is Kot Fisto, the sadistic, multi-tentacled green Jedi! He's so awesome!

>_> where is bastila and revan on this poll ?_?

my favorite is bastila :cool:

as if you all didn't know that already :cool:

I am talking about from the beginning all the way into any books about the Star Wars saga that has Lucus premission to be written,even if some of the books are bull it still has his ok to be written,if it is written wrong then it's his fault for not caring so if Luke turns guy and marrys a man and they have permission from Lucus to write it that way thats the way he has allowed it to go, bull or not.

Yes I did watch the movies,did I watch it 50x and hang on every word,no I am not a SW junkie.

It's not so much as what the Sith say outright but come on,look at there code and how they act,I mean they belive the strongest should lead and if you are stronger then the current Sith Lord then kill him and take it,it does not say ask nicly then let him know to turn around so you can kill him in an honorable and fashionable manner ,if he is stupid and weak enough to turn his back strike him down,common sence.

It also translates to take whatever you can get no matter the means.

The "No one is beyond redemption" is the Jedi rule and saying, not mine, as is the not killing prisoners rule.

I paid more attention to the phycology part of the movie then the light sabers flashing,Luke I am ur father:GASP!" parts.

All I am saying is from my and it's my point of view the Jedi are the same as the 40 yr old tent preacher who talks a good game in front of people but who's personal followers are boys and girls all under 14yrs old,and the regulars all have a 4th grade educations ,just another hypocrisy,or what's called the Jim Jones syndrome.

I am not trying to piss all the people who think the Jedi are just the greatest just stating my point of veiw on them is all.

Peace,

CrimeScene

The Jedi may be morons, but at least they have ethics.

Exactly. :)

So what you are saying, CrimeScene, is that the Sith are better because they kill off anyone who isn't stronger than them, and they don't do it honorably. I understand, sometimes it seems like a lot of people die since they worry too much about honor instead of whether they would be dead or not. But still, you have to have some sense of morals and ethics.

Killing off your leader just because you are stronger at him in battle (not necessarily in other things, mind you) is not common sense. It is stupidity, it is almost self-defeating. Who is going to be left to fight off your enemies when your allies are too concerned about gaining power and becoming "top kath hound in the pack", regardless of the cost?

The Sith do follow there code. As the Jedi do. And besides, saying the Sith are better because they follow their code is like saying that terrorists are better than a good person because they "at least do what they say they are going to do." :xp: You keep lumping Jedi into one big category, CrimeScene. Look, not all Jedi are the same, you can't say that every single one of them is bad (in your opinion) just because you saw a few in the movies. That is not represantitive of the whole Jedi Order. Of course, then again, I don't even agree with you anyways so it doesn't really matter who you say doesn't follow the code.

Archived