Home

Double wristed lightsaber, possible?

KillerWave

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet that numerous modders could make the weapon... oldflash comes to mind... but then if it could be scripted to use hand-to-hand animations, it might actually look right. Well... along with having kicks mixed in with the bladework. I really wanted to do something like that for force-using mad-claws in K1. ...but then I've wanted to do a lot of difficult-to-impossible stuff. lol It might take a team, if it could be done. Unfortunately for me, my skills regarding the matter just got pretty much exhausted. I hope that is at least a lead.

Ps- I might prefer to see another blade from the back of the hand.

Sorry, I can't do this model. I was thinking to replace stunbaton. Animations was ok for this but test result was not so good.

First of all, replacing stunbaton with lightsaber kill blade grow animation. Then is about model which is not attached to well at pc arm. Here are pics: http://q-net.netfirms.com/wip (pic 16 to 19)

Instead of replacing the stunbaton what if you replaced a doublebladed lightsaber & used one of the short bladed lightsabers animation slots. Or even the wrist launcher for mira.

My choise for stunbaton was based on combat animation which is perfect for that kind of weapon. Also stunbaton restrict offhand equippslot. I can attach lightsaber in any position but I'm worried about combat animation and call me stupid but I don't understand what you say about animation slot. :(

I will be greatfull if you tell me more about this or point-me to some tutorials.

Hmmm...can you make it smaller? It just looks weird 2 sabers attached like this. (Blade could be a bit shorter too)

Can't something be modeled that covers the hand and some of the arm too? To make it seem wrist monted?

I would have to agree. Might I suggest moving the pivot points back along the arm to about the middle of the forearm and maybe add somesort of cuff so that it looks more attached to the arm. This would likely help in making the blades appear shorter or a little less unweildly.

oldflash, you are a machine! I can't beleive how much work you crammed into such a short time. It was a great idea to use the stun-baton anims too... it was good thinking even if it doesn't work out completely. You're doing great work on this project, I really hope it comes together. I really like that you've posted the WIP pics too, it's been nice to watch the progress. Best of luck with it all. I hope you won't let anyone rush you either... it's your work and you're not on a deadline. If you want any help testing or working with the uti's or tga's, I'll happily volunteer... I know you have a lot of projects that deserve your time, and maybe I could take some of the load off. I would hate to see you get burned out.

btw- how did you get around the problem with the blade-grow anims not working?

@DK- I'm interested to know what you meant about anim slots too... that sounds like very valuable info. I don't get the wristlauncher idea, becuase the only anim for them is the sling-launch for grenades, and they don't show up as in-game models.

Hmmm...can you make it smaller? It just looks weird 2 sabers attached like this. (Blade could be a bit shorter too)

Can't something be modeled that covers the hand and some of the arm too? To make it seem wrist monted?

It was only a test not final version.

I would have to agree. Might I suggest moving the pivot points back along the arm to about the middle of the forearm and maybe add somesort of cuff so that it looks more attached to the arm. This would likely help in making the blades appear shorter or a little less unweildly.

Moving pivots is the only way to make-it to look smaller. You know why. To cover hands will not be a problem but for arm is a little dificult. It is possible to make something if someone could make a script to automatic equipp one unique robe or arnor when use this weapon. And remodel that robe/armor on arm part to look like is part of weapon. That because hand animation is complex and weapon is linked to this not to arm animation.

I will post this test on my site (now is replacement for shortlightsaber blue).

Use-it and see about animations and more how it works in combat.

However, test result was more than expectation. I let you know after uploading models on site.

@CrudeMatter, I wasn't use stunbaton as wapon base. It seems to work better as shortlightsaber.

Frickin Sweet! :thumbsup:

I tested both in-game and I am even more amazed at each update. It fit the animations much better than I would have expected. The only really weird one is using the 'Throw Lightsaber' power, and I don't know how that could be avoided. It looked kinda cool anyway. The model is beautiful! I'm impressed. I'll use it for sure.

I really don't see how to avoid some of the little anim issues... like the slight wrist-bends or the twirling movements during a flourish... but they really are quite minor.(with the newest update you can't even see some of them) Until we can actually change or create animations, thats about all I can see being done. I think a true wrist-mount is asking too much. I don't know how you could do much more.(even though you always surprise me) If anything else, it should probably do 2x damage, with a def bonus... but that adds a uti to your pack.

Fantastic work, oldflash! I love it!!! This one is staying in my override... thanks for sharing!

MAD props to oldflash!!!

:worship::saberb::saberb:

@Dartdude99- Theres nothing wrong, it was just the mdl and mdx. It was a test phase for anims... all it needed was the mdl and mdx. It didn't have an icon or the later texture (tgas) but if you used a blue short-sabre it would show up when equipped. Get the new update if you need the icon and to see the new texture.(still use blue shtsbr) Its all great stuff, its just the developement phase... not a finished product. (though with the new update, I don't see how much more can be done.)

I tried it yesterday w/o the tga files in the zip, it looked nice. The pivot point in the upgrade window is spinning it around the long way (so the thing spins behind the sides of the upgrade bits, instead of spinning around it's vertical axis (is that right? heh)). I took a few shots, I'll fiddle with them some and upload (they are 3mb each and I'm on dialup).

WOW, that turned out well. The only thing I could suggest would be to bring the pivot point in closer to the arm but beyond that it looks great. You know with that setup if you modeled a double saber model similiar to the single tubes used on that you could do a breakaway saber like chainz.2da did but with a different style.

Archived