Home

I watched RotS...

Aash Li

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, it's great that everyone tries to explain the psychology behind the Sith to explain why the villains get so little screentime and no development. As a Jedi/Sith I'm sure it's very fascinating but as a movie-goer it pretty much blows and they feel like fillers!

It's like: here, fear this guy, he is a badass Sith. Look at him in this cool action scene, oh, he's dead...

Maul had 2 spoken lines and a fight. Dooku had a couple of more lines and a fight, in #2. A single fight in #3 where he died and Grievous a few lines then died. No character development, nothing. Make them feel like shoddy fillers. They're all concept art and eye candy and nothing more. They're wasted when they could have been used.

After seeing Dooku survive #2 I thought, that finally we were to be given some depth to the evil characters but he died after 10 minutes after having spoken hardly 3 lines.

But hell, I don't watch Star Wars because of the masterful direction or because of the skilled acting. I watch them to be entertained and Maul, Dooku and Grievous entertain me quite well!

I think it's safe to say that the prequels weren't really designed for "regular" viewing which is why it can get away with so much.

According to Lucas Episode 1 to 6 is one movie, watch it that way, we can now :p

Plus when I watched it was like: Well here's a bad guy, he's evil, people fear him, but I know he's not gonna survive for very long with the Jedi around. Yes there was no character development, at least not in the sense of the IMPORTANT charaacters. They're pawns, they don't need character development. It's like Boba Fett in the original movies and Jabba and Grand Moff Tarkin, they're there to play one small specific role to move the story forward for the main characters and then either move aside or die. Why? Because they're not as important as Anakin and Obi-wan and Padme and Luke and Leia and Han...

I found Greivous' death quite humiliating. I mean if you watch what he does in the Clone Wars it's like nothing can stop him, but he gets two of his hands or maybe one can't remember chopped off quickly into the fight then he get's his exposed chest blown up, by two blaster bolts. Lucas made him of a weakling, but other then that the rest of the movie was terrific!

How so? Grievous was a cyborg with no force potential. Only reason he was capable of even lasting as long as he did was because he was cybernetically enhanced. All the other jedi he killed he killed by dominating their fear and suprising them. He faced Obi-Wan with no advantage.

Rewatch clone wars, pay attention to what Dooku says. Those are his only tools to be anywhere near capable of facing a jedi, without them he is powerless and weak.

Well The general didn't make much use of his implants, because we never did see him jump around at all, but I mean your weilding four lightsabers how the hell can you get killed that easily? I mean let's be rational, did anyone get why Greivous didn't swing the other two while he was attacking with the others? It's because Kenobi is a main character! The most influental character at that! Kenobi would have been pounded, if it wasn't like that. I mean FOUR lightsabers swinging at the same time against ONE! Get REALALISTIC! REALALISTIC!

Moeller that is most likely true, but I mean the Greivous battle could have been better in so many ways.

Yeah, it definitely could have been made better, I know where you're coming from. It was definitely the lamest lightsaber fight in RotS.

I think it added to his character as a coward that he was not as strong as he was in the cartoon. That is how he was meant to be portrayed in the movie, as a coward, and I think they did it effectively. His sickness/coughing added to that.

You can really tell the Kenobi lovers from people who aren't so crazy about them, but anyway Greivous looked pathetic plain and simple they've should of made that duel more effective, not just him getting shot twice in his very vunerable chest twice and crumble over and die. I mean if they brought over his coughing from when Mace Windu struck him in the Clone Wars on CN how come they can't bring over his fighting?

I think it added to his character as a coward that he was not as strong as he was in the cartoon. That is how he was meant to be portrayed in the movie, as a coward, and I think they did it effectively. His sickness/coughing added to that.

if his whole persona was to be cowardly, then why make him a tough sob in the toon?

if his whole persona was to be cowardly, then why make him a tough sob in the toon?
You'd have to ask George that question ;)

Look at the movie though, he ran away all the time. He ran away from the Jedi on his ship, and he ran away when Obi-Wan defeated him in lightsaber combat.

And RotS>Clone Wars Cartoon :xp:

You'd have to ask George that question ;)

Look at the movie though, he ran away all the time. He ran away from the Jedi on his ship, and he ran away when Obi-Wan defeated him in lightsaber combat.

And RotS>Clone Wars Cartoon :xp:

maybe his fighting ability deminished after Mace struck in the toon, and his illness prevented him from being a better fighter. And because of this illness, it wasn't cowardice, it was self preservation. just a guess.

Archived