Home

*Possible Spoiler*An Interesting Possibility*Possible Spoiler*

Foshjedi2004

There are loads of EU units in the game but the "Story Campaign" only goes up to Ep IV. The galactic Campaign goes all the way up to Episode VI. There will be an Expansion next Christmas to Include more EU and CW units, Planets etc.

Delphi said they have 50 textured units. Why would they do that unless they would use them all??

This would explain the SSD problem experienced on PFF a few months ago.

If you want to debate this contact me at: Foshjedi2004@googlemail.com

Guest DarthMaulUK

EaW would have to sell the numbers to make an expansion. And thats where we all come in to help increase its awareness. From a Publishers point of view, not many will throw money at a totally new developement team, who might need to hire a couple of extra staff, if they dont have some long term plan like expansions.

The game looks set to have a few expansions - look at Dawn of War - that churned out a fantastic expansion so I am hoping that the relationship between LA and Petroglyph is a long one and I am extremely pleased that they have signed up something with Sega. Its a tough world out there for developers - it was just over a week ago that Stainless Steel closed down (Empire Earth and upcoming Rise And Fall) whilst Digital Anvil (Brute Force) also shut in the same week.

DMUK

Delphi has dropped some massive hints at an expansion, so don't rule it out. Also what would be better for LucasArts?

In theory its possible. Even Dlephi is not knowing if we will have an expansion. But yes both LEC and Petroglyph are open for one if the future will require it.

Its all kind of logical and I know that always when they talk about an expansion (if something we ask is not in the game) they say "IF".

Besides, it's way too soon to be talking about expansions. We haven't even seen how the game is.

I'd prefer if they focused on finishing the game now, instead of thinking about expansions and such.

Yet, many companies follow the release of an expansion after the original game, in other words, both the original game and the expansion are pre-scheduled.

"Desert Rats vs Afrika Korps" and its immediate expansion "D-Day" is a good example of this.

So, what normally happens, is that they keep on purpose some features for the expansion while adapting new ones by the players' opinion/complaints. Personally, i don't think it's a good policy to let someone (on purpose) complain so that you improve a game.

Finally, if the graphic engine is good and can be further developed, there will be possibly an expansion, since the SW era expands both beyond and after the EaW time period.

Sounds more like a suicidal business tactic. You have to be pretty sure that your original game is going to do well.

Worst of all, one the RTS market, that simply isn't an assurance.

I don't think that's what LucasArts would do. There might be talk of an expansion among the developers. It might only be a marketing ploy.

not really alot of these games a lot more units get designed than actually make it in the game you have to sell far less expanision pack units than you do have to sell the orginal game. A lot of the cost of the game is in pre devolopement and in actually building the game. Throwing together a few maps and a units that got cut from the orginal after some tweaks is just a cheap way to add on proffits.

It doesnt look like an expansion would involve the clone wars. Delphi-PG said here,

http://swempireatwar.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=23982&highlight=#23982

that it woulnt fit anywhere in the EaW timeline. They would most likely do an empire strikes back to return of the jedi expansion.

How did we get from his original question about if this is e3-4 why is there eu units etc, to the exapnsion? This whole thread has been turned towards the expansion..

Archived