Home

More hilt options

Darca Lar

Should KOTOR 3 have a hilt design compilation option?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should KOTOR 3 have a hilt design compilation option?

• yes
    • no
    • I don't care

I was thinking that since people were talking about enhancing things for KOTOR 3, maybe the lightsaber hilt options should be enhanced as well, not just single or double, but also hilt designs based on the fixture combinations. I've always looked at the hilts and saw nothing but a white stick with lines of gray on it and I kept thinking of how bland it looked. Maybe they could make it so that you could not only customize crystal colors and single or double hilts, they could add the option of building or taking apart and rebuilding multiple lightsabers at the workbench. I think that this option could bring high hopes for the KOTOR series.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely, Ive always wanted to design my own lightsaber hilt, and i actually expected it to happen when the trainers in kotor 1 say "now approach the workbench and you can construct your own lightsaber". Considering that the lightsaber is supposed to be such a personal thing for a jedi, it should be distinguishable from the rest of the lightsabers around the galaxy. Not only that, it could affect the combat as well. Using lightsabers not constructed by you should have penalties i reckon (or rather, lightsabers constructed by the player should have bonuses).

thats a good idea doc, but why not implement it into the game? it wouldnt be that hard i reckon and it would just add a nice level of personalisation. For the hilts of sabers you find, it could just be a random generator for the different parts of the hilt, or even keep the old one, i wouldnt mind that much.

Well yea too much change at once isnt good for the fans, but a little bit at a time may be an alright thing to do, plus they dont have to change styles although that would be cool, but changing the hilts options first would be a plus, that way it doesnt affect the d20 system at all, but the hilt still says 'I built this'.

I voted yes. All Sith and Jedi have their own hilts. Plus, it looks kind of weird to see everybody using the same ones. Hilts are the second best part of the lightsaber, in my opinion.

However, I do not want to simply choose a hilt at the main menu. I think it would be best if you could gather peices of metal, and simply weld them into your own hilt. There'd be a nearly limitless variety, and would make your lightsaber seem much more personalized.

What I would like to see is basically the game containing a certain number of sabre hilt designs. Then, when you get a new lightsabre, the game randomises what design it will be.

It would also be cool is personalised sabres, like Freedon Nadd's sabre in TSL, looked unique instead of just looking like a standard sabre.

I think it would be very cool - I do like the idea of customizing the look of your robe, saber ec. to fit you appearance - makes characters somehow more individual (or at least makes the individuality more noticable :p ).

How it should be done is another question though :p

Well , maybe we can at least hope for a wider variety of sabers, ala USM or JA.

Well I was thinking like you start the game at the beginning of your training, and along the way you find a number of fixtures, and you can only select one of each when its time to build it, and the rest are discarded, then as the game progresses you can keep all later fixtures found to build more sabers to your liking.

Archived