Home

Magna Guard VM

NeoMarz1

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is seriously now one of my favorite models! i started making one not knowing you were already nearly done with yours since i rarely come here :p but i made the body of mine differently, instead of the torso being one mesh i modeled each piece of armor so it gave it more definition but these things were hard to find good refs of =\

this is seriously now one of my favorite models! i started making one not knowing you were already nearly done with yours since i rarely come here :p but i made the body of mine differently, instead of the torso being one mesh i modeled each piece of armor so it gave it more definition but these things were hard to find good refs of =\

Tell me about it! It was tough finding good refs. I'm sure you could find things that I added that probably were not on the actual droid. I found a ref shot of the "back", and realized that I was off, but I like the skin I came up with better, so I left it! Marzout

Marz how many weapons did you do for AOTC TC back in the day? I just came across about 20 unfinished weapons, with only uvmaps for some. Weve got sevaral clone weapons, naboo guns, several ep2 guns, plus more stuff. So thats why I wanted to know.

I can't use the headless model. There is no Icon for it in the file I downloaded

but you have to change name

"model_headless" to "model_default_headless"

and copy one of Icon and change name to "icon_default_headless"

then you dont have to type anymore ..

ps: MarcusLeCoy I want your Grey skin too could you release please ?

thank you ! ;)

Marz how many weapons did you do for AOTC TC back in the day? I just came across about 20 unfinished weapons, with only uvmaps for some. Weve got sevaral clone weapons, naboo guns, several ep2 guns, plus more stuff. So thats why I wanted to know.
I developed Zam Rifle, Zam Pistol, Aurra Sing sniper rifle, but only the Zam Rifle made it in game. I never have imported a weapon into the game. I know I could probably figure it out, but I just never have put one in. I think its pretty much just a couple tags, and proper placement. I may toy around with a weapon, since I dont have any immediate plans for a player model. Marzout

please answer this marz :ang3:

Sorry I passed over that question.... Ummmm well, I dunno.... Maybe, The only thing I could improve on. would be the cape, but alot of people seem to be unhappy with any cape I do. I think I actually did reweight the cape for my own experiments, but I would have to find that file. If I can find it, maybe I'll release it. Marzout

Sorry I passed over that question.... Ummmm well, I dunno.... Maybe, The only thing I could improve on. would be the cape, but alot of people seem to be unhappy with any cape I do. I think I actually did reweight the cape for my own experiments, but I would have to find that file. If I can find it, maybe I'll release it. Marzout

Not really, legs could use some improvement too.

grievous000kopia5ai.jpg

and here you'll find alot of references.

Thanks for the info marz....you wouldnt know who worked on the other guns would you?
Hatrus maybe, Gawd I dont really remember. It's been a long time. Maybe Psyko remembers, He was on the team too. I dont think having those models is a bad thing. They will never get used for the AOTC/TC mod. Its too bad the site isnt up, cuz then you could track down the authors. I'd ask Psyko, He probably has a better memory then myself. Marzout

Marz, I detect two bugs:

1: Your shader file is messed up massively. You have two different shader entries for each torso for example. I've fixed this already (and if you want i'll give you the file), but DAMN. PLEASE don't mess up shader files, you can completely screw over other people's work this way if yours is used.

2: The _spec files for the red hands (handsred_spec) and grey hands (handsgrey_spec) are totally missing, with handsred_spec specifically mentioned in your shader file. Further, it's clear the grey hands were supposed to have a _spec file (like the other two), but it was left out in the shader file and handsgrey_spec also does not exist. Either way something's wrong.

So yeah. handsgrey_spec and handsred_spec are missing, and the shader file is messed up in general.

On a side note, I released OJP holster files for this model here:

http://pcgamemods.com/mod/18421.html

Archived