Home

Wishful Thinking Concerning KOTOR 3?

Hann_Starr

I've read many posts in this forum as well as others concerning KOTOR 3. Should Revan and /or the Exile be playable characters, which characters from the previous games should make cameos, what new planets should be included, not to mentiion countless story ideas. I can't say I don't enjoy reading about all of these subjects, but the question remains: will there even be a KOTOR 3?

Of course there have been many rationalizations for and rumors suggesting a new game is in the works, but nothing concrete thats been substantiated. I am a fan of both games and am hoping for a third installment, but am very pessimistic as to whether it will happen. I know Bioware is out of the mix, and Lucas Artswill most likely be focused on its other games for the time being (such as battlefront and the soon to be released empire at war)

Now maybe i'm just impatient and am hoping LA and OE would just make the announcement already, but the lack of any tangible info on KOTOR' 3 has made me doubtful about there being another one. Your Thoughts?

Game producers are just like movie producers: They don't limit their focus to a single genre and focus strictly on that. They diversify their investments and will run a franchise into the ground as long as it remains profitable. BF and EAW are Star Wars games, but they are multiplayer RPGs. Customers (and investors) expect LA to remain competitive in the single player RPG market as well. Right now LA's "heavy hitter" in the single player RPG genre is the KotOR franchise. Yes, there's a possiblity that they aren't persuing that, but I don't think it's a probability...not by a long shot.

In the mean time, I'll just do what Prime says :D

Hey, we can at least dream this way. ;)

From a purely business point of view, if a product makes a lot of money for your company, you're going to continue making it as long as it continues to be profitable. While there's never any guarantee, I'd say there's a good chance the series will continue because it creates profit.

Personally I can't see it not being made. After all, LA were already working on when the team was fired. Sure, not a good sign that they fired the team working on it, but it's great that they were already in the early stages of production.

Besides, the KotOR series is a cash cow for LA. It's like saying 'Do you want money?'. It will be made, it's just a matter of when.

Archived