Home

Star Wars: Novels - What are you reading?

The Source

Yesterday, I started to read "SW: Survivor's Quest'. Timothy Zahn has a pretty cool view of the Star Wars Universe. I just read 65 pages, and the only issue I found was that he has to remind the audience that Luke is married to Mara. So far, the story is an exciting journey. Without going into detail, 'The Outbound Flight' is a cool addition to Zahn's version of Star Wars...

What are you reading, or what do you suggest?

The Labrynth of Evil is a great book, I just finished reading that book a little bit ago, so I would definately reccommend it. There was another one I finished a bit ago, but I can't remember which book it was, and I don't feel like looking for it right now.

I am not into the NJO, but I picked up Destiniy's Way. After I read Zhan's book, I will start this one. I didn't want the series to disapear from shelves whithout at least reading one of them. I want to see what all the contriversy is about. Hehehe... :)

The only book I have read that was pre-ROTJ is 'Shadows of the Empire' by Steve Perry. I know it is an old story, but I do recomend to anyone intrested in the events that occured between ESB and RotJ.

Yesterday, I walked into a Barnes and Noble, and I was hoping to see a novle about the 'Knights of the Old Republic'... Wishfull thinking... Hehehe...

Yesterday, I walked into a Barnes and Noble, and I was hoping to see a novle about the 'Knights of the Old Republic'... Wishfull thinking... Hehehe...

I would love that. But, I do know at least they're coming out with a comic series for it. I already have mine ordered at the local cards/comic shop.

I am reading "Vision of the Future" by Timothy Zahn. I bought like 6 years ago, lol and I'm just getting to it now. I'm 350 pages into it and so far it pretty good, Luke and Mara's story line is a little boring but thats ok.

The last SW novel I bought was this one, as I was getting bored of it after reading about 40 of them. My favorite trilogy is still Zahn's "Heir to the Empire", I've re-read that trilogy atleast 6 times. :)

"Vision of the Future" is a really good book. I just finished that one. Unfortunatly, I did not notice until 60% through that is was apart of a series. Oops.. After that book, the story is revisited in "Survivors Quest"... Mara and Luke do have dry moments in both books.

"Spector of the Past"

"Vision of the Future"

"Survivor's Quest"

(Eventhough they don't go together in a series, they do make a good trilogy in the relationship of Luke and Mara.)

Lat summer I read the "Bounty Hunter War" series. I have new found respect for Boba Fett the man. This series changes your outlook of Boba Fett, and gives you insight on his ruthlessness...

"Tha Mandalorian War"

"Slave Ship"

"Hard Merchandise"

Yesterday, I started to read "SW: Survivor's Quest'. Timothy Zahn has a pretty cool view of the Star Wars Universe. I just read 65 pages, and the only issue I found was that he has to remind the audience that Luke is married to Mara. So far, the story is an exciting journey. Without going into detail, 'The Outbound Flight' is a cool addition to Zahn's version of Star Wars...

What are you reading, or what do you suggest?

I bought that for a friend and ended up reading it myself :p

I thought it was pretty good, 'though not quite the same as the Thrawn Trilogy :)

I've just re-read the Heir Of the Empire, Dark Force Rising and The Last Command books again, also by Tomothy Zahn.

It closes some important questions, without being un-starwardish.

It's a very good bundle, it describes how Leia and the counci; are rebuilding the Republic again, and Luke is struggeling with his powers and lack of a mentor.

Also:

The clones return, and there are some interesting stories about Yoda, Lando and the Empire.

What would be a really nice story?

Boba Fett vrs. Thrawn

Regardless about how you feel about Revan, Thrawn is a military genius. I respect Revan's actions, but Thrawn is one of those bad guys that is 100% convinced he is doing the right thing.

Boba Fett is always one step ahead. He is a strategic Bounty Hunter... If he thinks he can obtain his bounty by blowing up a planet, he would go ahead and do so.

I wish there was a novel about Revan during the Mandalorian Wars. So, we can get some insight on how successful he was as a military leader... When designing games, the developers cut out alot of the intresting stuff that you would find in books. You never know... Revan could have been the most successful Sith Lord beside Palpatine...

lolz....there is a wonderful forum right here at LFN for discussing EU/Novels etc It is wonderfully maintained, by some very handsome staff members ;)

http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=442

but, whilst I'm here :D

*Ive almost finished the first book of the Dark Nest Trilogy(The Joiner King)

*Waiting for "Dark Lord" to arrive at local store.... for those that dont know about this book, it is set immediately after ROTS, focusing on Vader.... cant wait to read it

*Not a novel, but Im listening through the Original Trilogy Radio Dramas...ever wished the OT films were expanded by an hour each...check these out - they are awesome :D

Looking forward to:

*SW : Path of Destruction : about Sith Lord Darth Bane

*The Novel about the first Death Star

*KOTOR Era Comics

*Tim Zahns "OutBound Flight" - After this Im hoping he will FINALLY STFU about Thrawn and the OFP :(:p

mtfbwya

Regardless about how you feel about Revan, Thrawn is a military genius. I respect Revan's actions, but Thrawn is one of those bad guys that is 100% convinced he is doing the right thing.

I'm gonna be really annoying and disagree. IMHO, Thrawn knew exactly what he was doing, and the repercussions, what it would do to people, the works. And he didn't care. He was out for himself, glory and power. Outbound Flight showed that, IMO.

Revan...well, who can tell what went on inside that mind...Malak was simple, but Revan...Who knows? Kreia didn't, and she was the teacher he returned to...

Archived