Home

Darth Plagueis the Wise

Tysyacha

I'm curious about this Sith Lord that Palpatine mentions in Episode III.

During what time period was Darth Plagueis alive and Lord of the Sith?

Who killed Darth Plagueis in his sleep? Palpatine?

Who was the one that Palpatine said had cheated death?

"Only one has done this", he says to Anakin.

Darth Plagueis sure didn't, but who did?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Vader did not become One with the Force, Anakin Skywalker did, which is why his Force ghost is a young man. He became One with the Force because he sacrificed his life for his son. There is always the posibility that Palpatine is lying, or that the One he refers to is actually a Jedi.

thats what i meant, anakin, but i still knew what i meant so its cool. thanks.

off subject: yeah i thought it cool when lucas re-released the episodes and in Return of the Jedi, hayden christensen, was standing with yoda and obi-wan.

on subject: so because, anakin, came back to the balance, it redeemed him that much to understand the true nature of the force, enought to be "resurrected?"

seth

I also reject the idea that Palpatine was his apprentice. There's no evidence to support that claim. When exactly he lived is unknown, though presumably after the Rule of Two was instituted.

Its also mentioned in the Dark lord novel deffinately worth picking up and has some great quotes from plagueis

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."

— Darth Plagueis

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species... finally, the Galaxy itself."

— Darth Plagueis

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."

— Darth Plagueis

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species... finally, the Galaxy itself."

— Darth Plagueis

and they say the Sith werent knowledgeable. this is another reason i wanted to come to this conclusion. Plagueis had to of had some idea, its obvious...and because Sidious probably was his apprentice, shows off on how Palpetine gained what Plagueis mentioned. whether Sidious really had power over himself, is probably questionable, but that doesnt mean he didnt have control of the galaxy.

seth

i like both because the first was the original, which, you know the old VHS boxes and original artwork, my granny has. she is just as much of a star wars buff as i am. lol. shes the one who introduced it to me when i was like 5 years old and i have been in love ever since!

anyways.

what are all the lines of books you can read all this different stuff on? like what are the best chronicles that lead up to epidode 1, after Knights of the Old Republic 2: the Sith Lords and after Return of the Jedi?

are the games, Knights of the Old Republic even in the books, or is that where they got the game?

seth

and they say the Sith werent knowledgeable.

Who says that?

I dont remember anywhere saying they dont have knowledge of course they do, but then you dont really say what they werent knowledgeable on? the force? pod racing? how a hyrdospanner works?

Cleaned up post to "stay on topic" ;) ~ ChAiNz.2da

thanks chainz, yeah, Terros, peace? again, IM me and we can talk, it sounds good and i do want to know more about a lot of things. sorry about all of that chainz and, Darth Terros.

back on subject: yeah, i would really like to know his ways of thinking, especially after quotes like the ones you posted.

seth

Nothing has really been said about his way of thinking but i guess we can assume he's pretty damn evil and probably wasnt a very nice man at all lol

From the first Quote seems he was a bit of a bastard to Sidious mocking him it seems as if to make his hate stronger Palpatine later takes these teachings and applies them to his own apprentice Vader by at first denying him the task of destroying the last jedi and taking away his freedom.

With the second quote seems it seems palapatine took this quote and used it in his plan for conquering the galaxy infact it is pretty much how he did it.

If anything i think Plagueis couldve been a Sith Lord capable of being the greatest Dark Lord Of The Sith ever known if only he hadnt taken on the young palpatine as an apprentice.

Darth Plagueis might of had an evil nature to him, especially in the concept of these two quotes, but i can definately see them effecting the way Darth Sidious planned to act on his old Master's ideas. his political accomplishment had to of been some greater knowledge in how he was going to go about construction the Empire.

— Darth Plagueis

does this not speak volumes?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you;"

this challenge Sidious' point of veiw in what he wants to accomplish, his lack of understanding, his ideas and train of thought, his ego, and how he was the apprentice, not, the Master. discipline.

"tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face;"

this speaks of the true nature of the dark side and how he can teach to embrace it, overcoming fear for strength and power, contemplation, and resolution; becoming one with the teaching.

"tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you;"

teaching him something he never had, and showing him the access to self control and acceptance.

"and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."

again, putting him in his place, because he is the Master, not, the apprentice, because it is the Master who understands, not necessarily the apprentice.

i wrote this out earlier but my computer was ****ed up. pissed me off because it was a different point, same base of thought, but totally different.

seth

Once again some of the things you are saying arnt making much sense

"tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you;"

teaching him something he never had, and showing him the access to self control and acceptance.

Unless im being incredibly dumb i dont see how you could interpret that part of the quote to how you did?

Surely its more a case of tell me what you love i'll take it away thus making you feel pain and hate even more

kind of like how Padme was taken away from vader thus angering him more taking him deeper to the darkside.

How do you teach someone something they've never had?

thats not obvious? by introducing it to him, because he NEVER knew it.

not saying your concept is wrong, but if something is taken away from you, something you cherrish, and it enrages you, do you act out on that rage or do you accept it? and who is it that takes it and who is it you become inraged at? under experienced, do you try and kill your Master or listen to how he instructs you to use your anger?

teaching you something you never had: can be the dark side of the force, because you have to start from nowhere, to figure out how to get somewhere. you cant just say, hey, i'm a Sith Lord, i think i'm going to kill you now....that would be foolish, no matter how angry you are, especially if you are NOT a Sith Lord, and challenge your Master, he will definately show you something you never had before. and in the example of Darth Plagueis was to "dub" Darth Sidious, wouldnt Plagueis have to know what he is talking about to teach him?

seth

Seriously im not gonna bother trying to discuss anything any more with you till you sort your atrocious writing style out.

Sorry but its appalling and very hard to follow, theres no real reason why it should be like that unless your from a non english speaking country?

Please dont take this as a flame or anything nasty but if your gonna post of a forum please make it more clear as to what your point is.

So im out of this discussion. until someone brings something else up :)

i wonder why its appalling, for the second time today, you've been like this, i just hope chainz does not ban us. yeah, well, anyways, what? you cant think about it because it confuses you? and because it obviously confuses you, its appalling?

lol, yeah, my ex-fiances mother used to say this word: appalling.

you want the point?

here you go....simple context, just for you.

never been down the dark side? just ask your Master and he will tell you what the dark side is. and if you cant understand that, then i dont know why you call yourself Darth Terros.

how are you suppossed to know something you've never experienced before?

just because its compelling, doesnt mean you understand it. and just because your new to the Sith code, doesnt mean you are a Sith. you have to learn something new in order to know what it means. you have to practice what is taught, so you know how to "use" it, and you have to ask questions and listen or it will never serve you any good to believe in the code you feel compelled to follow.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall set free me.

what are your thoughts on the code? they are stated plainly so, dont just blow it off, they say something you have to think about, and get, not just, what they say. but, because they say this, you also have the first understanding of what they mean, so you know what you are living by and what they say the Sith live by, from experience.

the code wouldnt be "real" if it werent something the Sith embraced, by experience and compulsion on their quest for power.

what do you need to know first about what it takes to know the ultimate power, the Sith search for? who has to teach it to you? and how is it introduced; enough to be consumed by wanting to attain that power?

"Always two there are—no more, no less: a Master, and an apprentice.

-Jedi Master Yoda, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace"

the dark side of the force cannot be learned if you never find the Master to teach you...

seth

Heres some Info I found on Wikipedia a while back:

The Origin of Anakin Skywalker

As revealed in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Anakin Skywalker has no biological father. His mother, Shmi Skywalker, was unable to explain to Qui-Gon Jinn how Anakin was conceived. Qui-Gon would later theorize that Anakin was conceived by the midi-chlorians themselves, in accord with the will of the Force. This theory, combined with Anakin's unusually high midi-chlorian count and powerful connection to the Force, led Qui-Gon to believe that Anakin was the prophesied "Chosen One" who would bring balance to the Force.

It isn't until Revenge of the Sith that the subject is brought up again, when Darth Sidious states that Darth Plagueis was able to create life by influencing midi-chlorian. Anakin himself appears to take less interest in the conception of life than Plagueis's reputed ability to prevent death, so the subject is not further discussed. Whether or not Plagueis ever truly learned the secret to creating life is unclear. Sidious may have been lying to appeal to Anakin's sensibilities: Sidious later tacitly admits that, although he is the apprentice from Plagueis's tale, he does not actually know the secret of preventing death, so perhaps Plagueis in turn never knew the secret of creating life. It is possible that Plagueis knew this power, but did not actually share it with his apprentice. However, it is unlikely that Sidious, known for his methodical planning, would be so quick to kill his master before learning this technique (if it ever truly existed).

It has been suggested in Vader: The Ultimate Guide that Plagueis, in his experimentation with the Force, created Anakin Skywalker in the womb of his mother, Shmi. According to Star Wars: The New Essential Chronology, Darth Plagueis indeed knew how to create life, and sought to create a replacement for his apprentice, Darth Sidious. In Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, it is revealed that Sidious did not learn Plagueis's secret for the creation of life; and alternatively to the aforementioned sources, Sidious muses that Anakin is the "one created by the Force itself to restore balance".

The true extent of Plagueis's power may never be revealed. George Lucas himself has stated that Plageuis and his possible role in the origin of Skywalker were intentionally left ambiguous.

if anakin was created by Plagueis' teachings, because Plagueis isnt mentioned as Darth Sidious' Master until later; not even speaking on whether Sidious was Plagueis' apprentice, how is it that Plagueis had probably been dead long before anakins birth? couldnt this mean that he might of been created by Sidious?

if Plagueis was still alive during Senator Palpetines/Darth Sidious' political movement, why wasnt he mentioned being still alive and Darth Sidious' Master, throughout the entire trilogy, except the mentioning of Plagueis in episode 3? when Sidious said that Plagueis' apprentice killed him in his sleep?

and if Sidious had always known that power to create life, why would he say:

"to cheat death is the power only one has achieved, but, if we work together, i know we can discover the secrets." Darth Sidious. he knew that Plagueis knew this power, enough to say, "only one has achieved," doesnt mean that Sidious knew that power.

doesnt this mean he doesnt really know that power? if it does, does this mean that it could have been Plagueis who gave birth to anakin without Sidious knowing, if he was indeed still alive during the episodes?

plus, if you get into what Shmi said:

"There was no father. I carried him, I gave birth, I raised him. I can't explain what happened." Shmi Skywalker

how would Plagueis use this power from a long distance, maybe even systems away from Tatooine? did he ever visit Tatooine?

"Overview

Son of Shmi Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker is born in 41 BBY. Shmi claims that there was no father and that her pregnancy with Anakin resulted from a virgin conception. Some viewers have drawn parallels between Anakin's origin and the New Testament stories of Jesus' conception and birth, as well as classic mythological stories. Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn suggests that Anakin might have been conceived by the midi-chlorians — the implication being that Anakin is a creation of the Force itself. (According to Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith, the Sith Lord Darth Plagueis learned to provoke midi-chlorians into producing life—some have viewed this as a clue to Anakin's origins.) Lucas has said that all these issues were left deliberately ambiguous, and that it has been left for the audience to decide how Anakin was created. Still, controversy rages over Anakin's origins, and producer Rick McCallum's recent DVD commentary has added fuel to the fire."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anakin_Skywalker

seth

Archived