Home

Persuading the seroco thugs to beat the exchage

dede_frost

I'm on Nar Shadda, in my 20th playtrough or something, and I just talked to the Seroco thugs about a plan to beat back the exchange from the refuge sector. I tried all the options, but I just can't seem to convince them to attack, they just end up saying "That would be suicidal." and the they attack me... I was just wondering if there is any way of convincing them to attack... or perhaps this is just part of the cut content?

Thanks in advance...

No, I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that one...

typed in cheats to boost all my skills to 99 and my atributes to 50, and still no luck... I went to persuade them, and they still ended up atacking me. I think there are some particular tasks you have to do in order to unlock that exchange vs seroco atack, but I don't know which tasks...

No, I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that one...

typed in cheats to boost all my skills to 99 and my atributes to 50, and still no luck... I went to persuade them, and they still ended up atacking me. I think there are some particular tasks you have to do in order to unlock that exchange vs seroco atack, but I don't know which tasks...

I'm pretty sure the game has problems with some of the cheat codes, this is likely what is messing your game up, the cheats can cause many unforseen problems during play. The only exception is the giveitem cheat.

Hence why I made a Mistake Correction armband that did what some of the cheats do. The in-game cheats for LS/DS points, skills and attributes don't always seem to register.

You might have to restart your game and don't use any cheats other than the 'giveitem' one.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

The cheats aren't the problem. The only cheat code that I found caused any problems was the warp cheat. The others all worked fine.

I don't think you can persuade the. I think you have to kill them, though I'm not entirely sure. Without the game installed right now, I give any mroe help...

The cheats aren't the problem. The only cheat code that I found caused any problems was the warp cheat. The others all worked fine.

There are problems with the game cheats Doc...

See when you use certain cheats they don't set the same triggers that the games scripting system uses, so while you can use the "adddarkside 50" cheat to get 50 DS points, it doesn't do anything really other than change your character display as far as parts of the game are concerned, because there is also a global somewhere for your LS/DS points, this needs to be set as well.

Yet when you recieve DS/LS points from scripting calls this global seems to change as well, and the game reacts accordingly.

Hence why we have mods that can adjust the characters stats/skills/LS&DS points by using the in-game script commands instead of cheats. Mods like mrdefender's Wrist Console, ChAiNz.2da's HackPad, and my Mistake Correction Armband. ;)

Just FYI! :D

There are problems with the game cheats Doc...

See when you use certain cheats they don't set the same triggers that the games scripting system uses, so while you can use the "adddarkside 50" cheat to get 50 DS points, it doesn't do anything really other than change your character display as far as parts of the game are concerned, because there is also a global somewhere for your LS/DS points, this needs to be set as well.

Yet when you recieve DS/LS points from scripting calls this global seems to change as well, and the game reacts accordingly.

Hence why we have mods that can adjust the characters stats/skills/LS&DS points by using the in-game script commands instead of cheats. Mods like mrdefender's Wrist Console, ChAiNz.2da's HackPad, and my Mistake Correction Armband. ;)

Just FYI! :D

I never had problems with the allignment cheats. Mira was still making smart comments about how I looked like I had been hooked up to a power conduit or whatever. And when I used it to go Dark Side, Everyone was instantly worried about me. Atton thought that "that whitch" was getting to me, Mira was afraid of me... I don't know why it works for me, but it does. Maybe it's some mod I had installed that fixes it, but it's working for me.

Sorry Doc, but this proves nothing, NPC's checks are done the old fashioned K1 ways, that's all, that's what the cheats effect, other parts of the game are done quite differently.

Like the first Ravager cutscene with Nihilus sending Visas afer you...

See the game progresses due to things set in the game, the cheats don't set these globals so you can screw up your game. With the amount of bugs in the game already, using cheats to edit your character is suicidal to say the least. If you have not had many problems then you are simply lucky.

But this is quite off-topic at this point. ;) -RH

Didn't read the whole thread before posting my reply.

Probably a good idea to do that if you're looking for an answer.

Upon looking at serlead.dlg, it appears that there was originally an option to get the Serroco to attack the Exchange, although the response for them to attack has been placed incorrectly.

• 3 weeks later...

I was actually successful in getting them to back off the refugees with persuade. I don't if it helps or not but I make sure that I have force persuade and dominate mind before I leave Peragus and I make sure there is a charisma bonus of at least +1. I've never tried to get them attack the Exchange so I don't know.

Well, I donno about you guys, but I think there is a way to persuade them to leave the refugees more room or something. Yes there is a way and I ahve done it, but I have to check what dialogue choises I used.

Oh one thing, after you do it the "peaceful way" you can still trigger them attacking you py poking into the cargos, good way to kill them after completing the quest, and get some xp and items. Sort of like what you do to a Tusken storyteller after you hear the story, just open their baskets...

Well, I donno about you guys, but I think there is a way to persuade them to leave the refugees more room or something. Yes there is a way and I ahve done it, but I have to check what dialogue choises I used.

Oh one thing, after you do it the "peaceful way" you can still trigger them attacking you py poking into the cargos, good way to kill them after completing the quest, and get some xp and items. Sort of like what you do to a Tusken storyteller after you hear the story, just open their baskets...

Yep, you can persuade them to leave the Refugees alone if your skill is high enough, but why bother if you're going to turn around and provoke them by poking around in their stuff? :D

I read the different options in the quest section with KSE, and one of the journal updates says...

The leader of the Serroco Thugs agreed to attack the Exchange. Their attack was ill-fated and they have been eliminated, but the Exchange's control of this area has been weakened.

Interesting. It must be the high persuade skill or something.
Nope, it was cut. If you look at the dialog itself, you'll see that there is no way to fire that. KSE just shows .tlk entries tied to that quest. It does not discriminate between cut content and what made it into the final game. Pretty sure this horse has already been beat to death in this thread.

Archived