Home

100 Films that Hype Didn't Help (spoilers allowed)

Tysyacha

E3 does not suck... NEVER ! Yoda pwning imperial guards is enough to make that film awesome :D Also, E3 was officially promoted far *less* than any of its predecessors.

ah well, you must like crappy teen romance storylines, like, sooo cool, like. :D

mtfbwya

I'm sorry, but special effects maketh not the film. Furthermore, the cardboard acting, and ****ty dialogue, alongside a whole host of other intensely irritating things makes this film poor.

And no, I don't like 'crappy teen romance storylines, like, sooo cool, like.' I hate all hollywood for its craptitudinous suckicity. I'd rather re-watch "Dr. Strangelove" than see EIII, personally. *That* was at least a classic :)

Like when listing my favorite movies, when I try to list the worst ones I face a similar dilemma...

There are just too many to count... not every movie made can be a winner.

The biggest one that comes to mind though would have to be Highlander 2, I cannot begin to describe the sensations I had when I wasted money in the theatre to watch it. :barf:

I have a few more to add to the list....

Open Water was horrible, but was put up to be the best thing since Jaws.

Napoleon Dynamite was the worst movie ever made, but I guess most of the hype was after-the-fact instead of building toward the release.

Highlander 2 (I agree with RedHawke) was a travesty. However, I have heard that the director's cut took out all that Planet Zeist crap and made it a little more tolerable. Highlander 3 and 4 (End Game) were even worse though.

I'm sorry, but special effects maketh not the film. Furthermore, the cardboard acting, and ****ty dialogue, alongside a whole host of other intensely irritating things makes this film poor.

And no, I don't like 'crappy teen romance storylines, like, sooo cool, like.' I hate all hollywood for its craptitudinous suckicity. I'd rather re-watch "Dr. Strangelove" than see EIII, personally. *That* was at least a classic :)

aio.jpg

I liked it, nevermind the special effects. By the way, most of the same carboard actors were also in Episode II, which you seem to fancy. :confused:

I don't remember this being overhyped.
It was getting buzz for academy awards!

The Day After Tomorrow would top my list.
Hilarious movie!

Napoleon Dynamite was the worst movie ever made
Because it didn't have a laughtrack to tell you when to laugh? :)

INapoleon Dynamite was the worst movie ever made, but I guess most of the hype was after-the-fact instead of building toward the release.
That was one of the worst movies I have ever seen, or partly-seen, as I couldn't sit through the whole thing because it was so dumb.

Archived