Home

If Darth Maul lived...

Darth Macca

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm well Maul in my opinion wasnt strong in the force he never used it he only used it once to push obi-wan over thats it oh and and like 2 jumps, Palpatine's style is lightning and stabs to the chest his style most likely origionated from the old sith teachings. Anikan is a fallen jedi so never truly learnt the sith technikes and never really fell to the dark side, Exar Kun was powerful and strong but in the end was beaten, Darth Revan was stronger than exarkun(my opinion) but we dont know how revans story played out(YET) But Maul was an assain that's it he wasnt strong in the force all he did was kill

• 1 month later...

What I do beleive is, If Maul hadn't died Anakin wouldnt have been trained, he wouldve been sent back to Tatooeene or adopted on Naboo by Padme or otherwise, Maul wouldve never betrayed Sidious, he was a machine(figurtively). I beleive from there Mace and Yoda wouldve aproached Maul on Naboo and ultimately kill him. Thus if Obi-Wan had been killed no Darth Vader.

Well, in one of the Star Wars Tales "Infinites" they have Maul fighting Vader... yes its silly but interesting at the same time.

Personally I think a clever Sith would have multiple Backup Plans. Even if Maul is around the plan would continue and CIS would still take place. Dooku would still be aligned with Palpy. Most likely Maul would have to duel it out with Dooku.

Palpy may also keep both, leaving the Apprentice seat empty deliberately to make the two work in competition.

On the side note... No one says a Sith can't break the rules and take more little Sith Lords... Its not like Plaggie would come back and give Palpy a nice spanking if he did. The "rule of the two" is just a good system to reduce the number of effective backstabbers.

Always, Always remember the sith code.

Off topic:You mean this code

There is no fear, there is power.

There is no death, there is immortality.

There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.

I am the Heart of Darkness.

I know no fear,

But rather I instill it in my enemies.

I am the destroyer of worlds.

I know the power of the Dark Side.

I am the fire of hate.

All the Universe bows before me.

I pledge myself to the Darkness.

For I have found true life,

In the death of the light

Or the one from Kotor or some place else

On topic: If Anakin got trained by the jedis i think Sidious would take him as apprentice, knowing he is the choose one. And i also think that Sidious just should have killed Maul when he no longer was necessary, but when that would happend i have no idea

IF Maul had killed Obi wan... Then Luke would never been trained, and the darkness would rule in the galaxy.. ^^ Maybe not. If Obi Wan would been killed by Maul, then Luke would never been born. It's true !

Off topic:You mean this code

There is no fear, there is power.

There is no death, there is immortality.

There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.

I am the Heart of Darkness.

I know no fear,

But rather I instill it in my enemies.

I am the destroyer of worlds.

I know the power of the Dark Side.

I am the fire of hate.

All the Universe bows before me.

I pledge myself to the Darkness.

For I have found true life,

In the death of the light

Never heard of that one before, you got a source?

Sounds crap to be honest like really bad goth poetry infact the more i read it the more i think its truly awful.

so is there a canon source for this or is it just some dorks bad attempt at trying to be dark and evil *and kind of missing the point of the sith*

Too much stuff to read, so I'll put in my two cents.

Darth Maul was a zabrak freak bred to destroy the Jedi Order by Darth Sidious ( supposedly). His assets to Palpatine were his insanely deadly abilities within the Dark Side.

Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku was a political idealist, whose purpose was to create a false enemy (The CIS) For which Palpatine could create military might, with the true intention of dominating the Republic and convoluting it into an Empire.

So in a way, each of these Sith Lords were important to Palpatine, and in the end, the ultimate Sith Lord is formed: Darth Vader.

Cheers

well to be fare if ur son came to fight you would you completely kill him? The consept and training of vader wherent flawed only the light in him, all he wanted to do is save the ones he loved but this drove him to insanity when he failed twice but he suceeded when he saved luke from palaptine(the lightnin show)

• 2 weeks later...
Why do people think Darth Maul is a "better Sith Lord" than Count Dooku? It's not as if Dooku can't fight, he clearly is a masterful swordsman and a match for Yoda in sheer force power. He only loses to Anakin when Anakin starts to use his anger (dark side) to win.

Don't forget that it was never Dooku's intention to kill Anakin, just lure him to the dark side. ;)

Archived