Home

MC: AOTE: Rhea

steven

Nic examined the three guards in the garage and looked at the positioning of the five landed air speeders in the room. He then proceeded to slowly move the grate and Studied the roving guard, he wasn't moving in any fixed pattern but he also didn't seem to be concentrating on anything at all. Nic then looked at the two guards by the door to check their line of sight.

Nic turned to Beryl and gave her the standed hand signals to stay here and watch Him, he then turned back to the guards and after one last check he jumped down.

Nic landed when no one was watching and despite the fact Nic landed with making minimal noise, what little he did make caused the roving guard to turn. Before the Guard did turn Nic quickly dived and rolled behind a speeder so the guard couldn't see him. The guard walked over to the place where Nic had landed to make sure he was only hearing things, this meant nic had to shimmy around the edge of the speeder so when the guard got there the speeder would still be obstructing his view of Nic.

Nic continued to shimy around the speeder untill he was behind the Guard, a quick look at the door guards told Nic they weren't looking towards the roving guard. Nic then stealthly walked up behind the guard and took out his knife, he then efficiently grabbed the Guards mouth from behind and pulled him two the floor while also stabbing the guard in the heart.

Nic dragged the dead guards body off to the edge of the speeder, then moved behind another speeder where beeryl could see him. He signaled to her to drop down now.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Nic dodged around the patrolling guard below her, Beryl snatched a quick look at the two remaining guards. Neither one seemed to be paying much attention, with one of them even pausing to yawn and stretch. Apparently, the heightened state of alarm in the rest of the facility didn’t concern them, making Beryl think that this sort of thing happened quite often in this place. Good, she thought. Familiarity breeds contempt, making things easier for her and Nic to escape. And after all that they had gone through today, they could use a bit of ‘easy’ for a change.

She watched Nic take care of the roving guard, then drag his body behind one of the speeders. He signaled her to drop down. Holding her shoes in one hand, she timed her decent from the ceiling vent so that both the other guards were turned away. Inattentive or not, she didn’t want to take the chance of either of them seeing her.

Landing soundlessly on the floor with her bare feet, she remained crouched and scurried over to where Nic was hiding behind one of the speeders. Puzzled as to how they were going to get out of this without being seen by the other two guards stationed by the exits, an idea suddenly occurred to her. Holding one of her shoes by the heel, she balanced it in her right hand. She touched Nic on the arm to get his attention, then nodded to one of the guards, and then looked at her shoe and raised her eyebrows.

She waited for the perfect moment, when both guards were turned away from each other, then took aim, and threw the shoe like a boomerang. The spiked heel hit the first guard right in the back of the neck, immediately stunning him and sending him slumping to the floor. In the next second, guard number two also became a victim of a well-timed shoe to the back of the neck, and he, too, slumped unconscious to the floor.

With a modest shrug, Beryl said, “Fashion victims.” She looked around. No additional alarms, no additional flashing lights on any of the surveillance cameras. Everything was quiet. “Now what?” she asked Nic. “Do we just head for the Echo or should we wait for Jack, Ryshana, and Jana?"

Jack ran into the hanger which has holding the Echo. Standing infront of the ramp was a secuirty gaurd. "Something wrong, sir?" Jack asked politely as he walked to him

"Yeah," Said the gaurd as he pulled a blaster from his belt "There's a problem. Please come with me."

"Can't do that, I'm afriad."

"Why not?" Moving closer to Jack

"Because..."

((This is the point someone -i.e Cloud or Oliver- comes up from behind and knocks him out))

((Extreme hasn't been on at all since the 14th, and i haven't seen XoRRoX around for a long while although it says he was on a couple of days ago. So if neither reply in a couple of days check the discussion thread for a chat about how we'll continue.))

"There's no garantee that the ladies will head this way, they may try and make it to the ship on foot or take the tram." Nic stood up and ran to a wall safe and blasted it open. After taking out several sets of keys he checked each one before throwing the rest to the ground.

"Here" Nic threw the set he kept and then pointed at an opentopped airspeeder "You drive."

Beryl grasped the keys tightly in her hand. "Yes!" she said, hopping into the speeder. "Now this is more like it. No more climbing, or sneaking, or crawling through air ducts--just an open top and...." She started the engine, then closed her eyes taking a moment to revel in the purring hum of the engine. She opened her eyes, and gave Nic a mischievious grin. "... the need for speed." She revved the engines and wiggled her brows as Nic got in and sat beside her. Grinning, she told him, "Better hang on to something. I have a bit of a lead foot when it comes to these models." And with that, the speeder took off at breakneck speed for the hanger bay and the Echo.

"Because?" Asked the gaurd, growing impationant.

"Well I have three long, brilliant and compilacted reason on why I can't come with you!" Jack said. The gaurd went to punch Jack in the stomache but Jack was ready. Jack quickly draw a knife from his belt and let the gaurd walk straight into it. "Sorry. But it was you or me." Jack then thrusted the knife deeper into the man stomache and watched the man's life drain for his eyes. Before the gaurd died he told Jack "They know your here. Darth Vader himself *cough* is coming to..." He then died.

Jack took a deep breath and let the man fall to the ground. He then activatd his com and hailed Nic "Bad News Captain. Imperals know we're here."

Nic sat in the speeder as Beryl shot out of the Hanger, It was at times like this he fully understood why she was nicknamed Phycho. She had a Grin on her face and nic just smiled and looked out the front of the speeder. They had bearly flew a quarter of the way before he looked in the wing mirror and saw a Corellian security force speeder pursuing them with its sirens blazing.

"Please slow your speed and stop at the first availible landing point." A voice came from a loud speaker.

"Lose'em" Nic ordered as his Com-link began to beep. He grabbed it and held it up to his mouth.

"Bad News Captain. Imperals know we're here."

"Yes we are completly aware of the imperial situation."

Jana continued to climb, glancing back occasionally to be sure Ryshana was following. Then, her eye caught movement further down the shaft.

"Uh, Shana?" she asked nervously. "That wouldn't be a rising elevator I see, would it?"

The elevator stopped at every floor, letting guards out on each one. Still, it was rising faster than Jana and Ryshana. Jana decided they'd need to get out on the next floor up and looked up.

"Climb faster," she ordered, scurrying up the service ladder as best she could toward the door that was still several meters away.

"Lord Vader has now decided to grace us with his presence." Jack said as he ran into the ship "I hooked up the ship with the resorts long range scanners, god knows why they have them, and I see that a Star Destroy has just exitted Hyperspace. If you get here in ten minutes we may be able to avoid them" Jack said throughthe com

Following Jana's lead, Ryshana quickly worked her way up the ladder, but she was also climbing faster than Jana. Looking upwards, Ryshana caught sight of another elevator that was coming down next to the other elevator. Waiting for a second, Ryshana quickly gathered the Force in her legs and then used the Force to time her jump.

Leaping off the ladder, Ryshana backflipped and landed on the edge of the descending elevator. Without pausing, Ryshana then performed another Force Jump up to the door. Grappling an edge, Ryshana used the Force to rip off the door's opening motor. Now able to open the door, Ryshana waited for Jana to get up to the door.

Sensing outwards, Ryshana sensed two Stormtroopers on the other side of the door with at least a full squad patrolling the floor. "Two buckets on the other side of the door. I'm ready when you're ready," Ryshana whispered to Jana.

"ATTENTION SPEEDER!" said the loudspeaker voice from the Correllian security speeder behind Nic and Beryl. "PLEASE STOP NOW! YOU WILL NOT BE WARNED AGAIN!"

"These CSF guys are so stupid," she said to Nic. "But they're fun to play with. Once, when I was seventeen, they tried to pull me over for..." She paused. "Erm...nevermind. That story's better told when drunk." Not slowing down even a smidge, Beryl's eyes flicked to the side mirror, and then over to Nic. "Hang on tight," she said to Nic, and she threw the speeder into low gear and raised the right flaps at the same time, causing the speeder to spin around hard to the left. As she straightened it out, the Corellian security speeder sped right past them, totally unprepared for her sudden manoevre. In fact, the driver of the Corellian speeder was so unprepared that he smashed into the back of a slow moving transport tram.

"Well, he did say to stop," Beryl said, shrugging. She jammed the speeder into gear once again, and, quickly dodging around the wreck, headed for the hanger once again, giving the CSF guys a small wave as she passed by them.

"Erm, Nic?" she asked. "I'm not complaining. Really, I'm not. But... did I hear Jack mention the word 'Vader' on the com?"

"Oh, great," said Beryl under her breath, and she stepped up the accelerator of the speeder, driven by the desire to get to the Echo and escape before Vader made another gut-wrenching appearance. She knew that the ride was rough, as she dogded in between the other traffic, but she figured Nic's stomach was strong enough to take it.

It only took a few minutes to navigate to the hanger where the Echo was berthed. Beryl slid the speeder to a skidding halt, directly in front of the hanger door. "Well, we're here," she said to Nic almost cheerfully. "Sure hope Ryshana and Jana made it back, 'cause I'm all for getting out of here. Quick."

Jana nodded to Ryshana. "Let's take 'em by surprise, shall we?"

She pulled her pistol from her belt and, just as Ryshana opened the door, Jana practically launched herself through the opening. Her blaster flared immediately, taking out the two Stormtroopers guarding the door. Then, she stood slowly and turned. "Am I right in thinking that should be the last aggressive move on this floor?"

"Just waiting for the jedi and Jana, then we're allset. You may want to use the ships com, by the way, I estimate we only have 4 minutes untill we have a chance of escaping without Vader's ship noticing us.

Ryshana felt around. The sound of blaster fire had alerted the other guards. "Umm, not really. We've got more Troopers on the way," Ryshana stated. Noticing that they were on the floor that connected to a Security Speeder Station, Ryshana quickly came up with an idea. "But, that's ok. Just holster your blaster and follow me."

Ryshana calmly walked down the hallway, but before they got 10 feet, they were both surrounded by the squad of Stormtroopers. Leveling their rifles at Ryshana and Jana, they didn't fire but instead gave them orders to surrender. "As you wish," Ryshana stated while putting up her hands. One of the troopers got behind Ryshana to frisk her, but he didn't get far. Concentrating on all the Stormtroopers around them, Ryshana suddenly gave them a sensory overload by forcing them to see nothing but an incredibly bright light and hear nothing but an ear piercing sound. Stunned by the sudden attack, the Stormtrooper squad began to collapse in pain.

"Come on!" Ryshana yelled to Jana as she quickly grabbed a security card off of one of the stunned troopers. Quickly making her way down the hall, they arrived at the door to the small security hangar. Sensing through the door, there was just two speeders inside as well as one lone Imperial Officer. Swiping the card on the security panel, the door opened. The officer turned to look at Jana and Ryshana, but he didn't get a chance to do much more than that. Lashing out with the Force, the officer was thrown against a wall. The speeders were really just Imperial speeder bikes, but they would serve the purpose. "Well, we'll take both of them in case one of these guys on this floor wakes up. Let's go," Ryshana stated as she jumped on one of the bikes and started it up. "After you, Jana."

Jana hopped on her bike and gunned the engine. Then, she got Nic's call. For just a second, she froze. "Heavy breathing?" She glanced over at Ryshana. "Oh, damn..."

She gunned the engine again and the machine lurched forward, speeding up rapidly. As she drove, she asked Nic, "How long do we have?"

"We have three minuets, If we're lucky... And you know our luck." Nic said as he thought for a second and switched back to the intercom "Jack take off and home in on Jana's comlink, We're going to pick them up." Nic switched back to Jana's comlink. "Jana keep watching skies."

"You have 2 minutes to get your asses to get here without a confration, 3 minutes if we wanna rub it in his faces that we were here and there is nothing he can do about. Any later than that and we're screwed."

((Steven, you misread. Jana and Ryshana are NOT with you yet. Nic wants to pick them up.))

"Just a heads up," Jana said so that both Nic and Ryshana could hear her. "We're being followed. We're splitting up. Still gonna try to get there in a reasonable amount of time, though..."

She jammed on the brakes of her bike and swerved to the left, diving down a narrow alley. One of their pursuers fell in behind her.

Several blaster bolts streaked by Ryshana. Looking behind her, there were three Scout troopers on speeder bikes behind her. Taking out her blaster pistol, Ryshana used the Force to help her properly aim the pistol behind her without looking. The first shot was a direct hit on one of the Scout Trooper's helmets. Instead of blowing backwards, the trooper slumped forward onto the speeder's controls. Suddenly veering out of control, it slammed into the middle speeder which sended both of them careening into a buiding.

Ryshana started to aim for the next trooper, but she suddenly sensed that she needed to jump off. Without hesitating, she lept off of the speeder. As soon as she left the speeder, several blaster bolts impacted the speeder, and it quickly vaporized. Timing things just right, combined with a bit of the Force, Ryshana then landed on the speeder behind her. However, she quickly lost her footing, and she scrambled to catch it as it started to pull away. Then, she just managed to hand onto a rear control surface. Unfortunately, that control surface was a bit sharp, and Ryshana cringed as she felt it slicing into her fingers right to the bone.

Using the Force as an aid, Ryshana then swung completely around and kicked the trooper off the bike. Quickly getting herself back into the controls, Ryshana tightly clenched her fist to help control the bleeding while she tried to drive the bike with the other hand. Hitting the accelerator, the bike sped on towards the Echo. Within a minute, she slowed down and landed by the Echo. As she ran on board, Ryshana went straight to cockpit instead of the infirmary.

"Where's Jana?" she asked.

Jana was counting on her reaction times being faster than those of the people chasing her as she swerved around an oncoming tour tram and darted across traffic, slipping into a narrow passage typically reserved for walking only. People screamed and ducked as Jana flew over their heads. On the other side of the walkway, a TIE fighter rose, blocking Jana's way.

"Blast..." she muttered, cutting back just slightly on the throttle. Less than a second later, she gunned it to full and slid backward off the seat, dropping to the ground and tumbling to a halt. The speeder bike kept going and rammed into the TIE, effectively destroying itself and the fighter. Groaning, Jana sat up and reached for her comlink only to discover that it had come loose.

"Aw, carbon-scored piece of..." she grumbled, getting to her feet and running to the edge of the street. Sighing, she decided it would be best now to hide. She had no idea where her comlink was and, if the Echo was trying to find her by it, they'd think she was captured or killed. Somehow, she had to tell them otherwise.

((In my next post, she'll find her way to a cantina and basically order you guys to escape Vader and leave her behind. I don't expect Nic to obey, which will cause a fun scene between them later :D Anyway, in the process of ordering them away, Jana will explain what happened and where she is, which will give Nic all the info he needs to make a grand entrance and sweep her away to the ship :p So for now, uh... jus' go find her comlink and be startled and worried that it's not on her.))

Archived