Home

Commandos vs. Spartans

Bomberman65

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last I checked a wookie rocket launcher blew a commando away (good times), so why wouldn't a UNSC launcher? And in RC it's the complete opposite of Halo - the Trando weapons tear through sheilds, and what are they? Projectile. DC-17m rounds -keeping in game- wouldn't do nil against a Spartan's shields. And hand to hand combat the commando would get thrashed. The blade would be useless agains solid titanium (was it titanium? Might've been something stronger) a few centimeters thick, with a Spartans beast strength the commando would get shredded. Or he would at least get his face bashed through. And for your last comment... SURGE PROTECTERS! Heck lets face it, if you had to create a super soldiers armor, chances are it would have at least something to keep it from over loading.

Duh, a wookiee launcher can fire all their rockets at the same, time, while the UNSC rocket launcher fires one, then another after a time, then reloads. In addition, the surge protectors are there, it's just not for the shield. In the first book, Dr. Halsey explained that there is one in the armor.

I'm currently reading Halo: The First Strike, so I may learn some stuff along the way. One thing that was stated was that their armor weighed half a ton, not three and a half. Also, in the very beginning of the book, some of the spartans had to bail out of their ship, similar to what the commandos had to do in Hard Contact. Out of twenty-two spartans, four were killed, and six were wounded, just from the air drop. On the other hand, in Hard Contact, all four of the commandos survived, one hundred percent. I'm not sure if their armor is better, or they just have better freefall techniques, either way, the commandos outperformed the spartans in this senario, and either aspect would prove to be a major factor in combat. (Shield or Technique)

If you weren't reading the book correctly, the Spartans were dropping from a higher altitude with out parachutes, at like 40,000 feet? And the commandos were dropping from, about 300 feet, with a parachute? You can't exactly compare those, can you?

unless of course U get scorch as the Demo expert. hel'l level a planet and then say sorry lol. also the commandos can request other foregin equipment and a BlasTech EWHB-12 or a VLD2261 laser cannon would come into play as would numerous mines and thermal tape

Don't forget the ribbon charges, the 500-grades, and the implosion devices. Scorch would probably set the Implosion devices on every single millimeter of the ground and melt the whole place. Even Mereel (N-7) would say Kandosii (classy). Not only that, the Deltas can also call in orbital bombardment from Republic Assault Ships or Attack Cruisers, so yeah, the commandos will win.

The source for the Spartans' augs for me was Fall of Reach. I think that they described it pretty well.

Also, in Hard Contact, it talks about how muscular the commandos are. Their diets are balanced perfectly so they have no fat.

Yup, it was in pg 57-58 (read it yourself because all the side effects and normal effects are way to long to write).

Archived