Home

What order should I go in?

Jasper_Kazai

I just beat KotOR on the Light side 2 days ago (after about 3 different save files and like 3 years; long story). Now I'm going through Dark side. I made the mistake in my last game of going to Kashyyyk last so I barely got to use Jolee. So, what order should I go in this time?

I think the order I did is:

• Tatooine
  • Korriban
  • Manaan
  • Kashyyyk

The first two might be switched, because I had completed them in my previous save files (that I never finished) and I like them. Manaan scared the living sh*t out of me. I hate deep water stuff.

Mannan is my least favourite Planet. Korriban is my favourite. I should see if anyone else reccomends what order you should go in.

When I first started playing I went in the recommended order of Prima just because I was a newbie.

First Order:

Tatooine

Kashyyyk

Manaan

Korriban

When I got to be a seasoned player (um 300 wins), I changed the order up because of little pointers like meeting characters you sved or something

New Order:

Kashyyyk sometimes I revert to Tatooine

Korriban

Tatooine

Manaan

Really you can choose which ever you want to go to some are recommeded because of plot pointers. Whatever rocks your boat :D

Well if you're a devoted roleplayer, you might find that the story gently nudges you toward this sequence:

Ebon Hawk - Duh.

Taris - You should get Mission 99% of the way toward unlocking the Griff sidequest before leaving the planet.

Dantooine - You should be able to get through most of Bastila's backstory by the time you leave. Also if you take Mission with you it will unlock Griff, which now means that you go to...

Tattooine - Pick up HK, wrap up Bastila, meet Griff. Griff will send you on a mission to...

Kashyyyk - Pick up Jolee. Also, IIRC, if you've been consistently talking to your party members, you may have encountered Jagi by now (Canderous' side quest), which will send you back to Tattooine. Good thing you were going there anyway to wrap up business with Griff.

Tattooine - Meet with Griff again, wrap up business with Jagi, wrap up sidequest with Griff. Also, if you have Jolee in your party, you'll be prompted to head to Manaan.

Manaan - By this point you should have moved far enough through Carth's storyline to discover that you're going to Korriban after this.

Leviathan - *sigh* so much for meeting up with Yuthura and that other guy (can't remember his name right now) on Dantooine if you're LS.

Korriban - Wrap up Carth's side quest. I also recommend making a point not to progress to far with Juhani's side quest until you get here. Feel free to run it through to completion now (although you might not be able to. The alternative is to potentially miss out on one of the best stores in the game).

Unknown World

Star Forge

Again, this is a suggested roleplay-inspired sequence. Powergamers will tell you to go to Korriban first.

I hope that helps.

I realized how much I missed out on side quests on my first playthrough.

I've heard of Griff (after skimming through the walkthrough I use), but how exactly do I progress on that?

Who the hell is Jagi? And, again, how do I progress on that?

As for Carth and Juhani... Same thing.

Do I just keep talking to them or something to progress?

The walkthru I use isn't real descriptive on side quests, and has basically nothing on the party member's side quests. Unfortunately, it's the only strictly-PC version walkthru on GameFAQs.

P.S. Uthar Wynn is the Sith master at the Academy if that is who you couldn't remember the name of.

Try the walkthough in my signature. It's the best one I've found.

...and yes, you just keep talking to them. :D

Thanks for the assist, but that's not the guy. There's a dark jedi that you can turn back to the light in the Sith Academy. He and Yuthera both show up back on Dantooine if you save them however

Dantooine gets blown up and isn't available after the Leviathan

so going to Korriban last means that you don't get to see the fruits of your labor.

This is based on my male character.

-I make my way through the Endar Spire like everybody else has to.

-I get through Taris, talked to Carth as much as I can until I learn about how Saul betrayed him.

-I also talk to Mission so she'll reveal Lena, but doesn't want to talk about it anymore.

-I have Carth and Mission do both of their party conversations.

-I also have Mission and Zaalbar do both of their party conversations.

-I get Bastila and have her and Carth do both of their conversations.

-I also include Bastila's party conversation with Mission.

-On Dantooine, I have to just talk to Mission once and I get the Griff side quest.

-I also talk Canderous' ear off until I get the Jagi side quest.

-I redeem Juhani.

-I then get the first Star Map and set off the next one time opportunity to take advantage of talking to Carth about his issues.

-I talk to Bastila and get through her side quest almost to the end.

-I head to Tatooine and meet up with Malare just when I get off the Ebon Hawk to set off the Helena (Bastila's mother) side quest.

-I go into the Czerka office to find out what happened to Griff.

-I go and purchase HK-47 and then meet up with Bastila's mother.

-I go to the desert and complete the Jagi side quest that effects Canderous deeply.

-I sneak into the Tusken camp and rescue Griff.

-I then head to the Eastern Dune Sea and set off Canderous' and Bastila's party conversation.

-I find the second Star Map along with Bastila's father holocron.

-I head back to Anchorhead to complete the side quest with Bastila's mother.

-I then meet up with Griff to find out about his bogus deal with tache glands.

-Then I make my way back to the ship and talk to Bastila enough to get a kiss from her.

-I'm also able to talk to Carth about his son, Dustil and set off that side quest.

-I hit Kashyyyk next and make my way through until I meet up with Zaalbar's brother, Chuundar. He then give me a task.

-I pick up Jolee, and some tache glands. I then warp (code is: warp tat_m17ag) to the Czerka office on Tatooine and give Griff his

tache gland. Save and reload to set off Greeda to tell the bad news and then talk to Mission about Griff one final time.

-Then I warp back to the shadowlands (code is: warp kas_m24aa) and make my way through there and get the third Star Map.

-I meet up with with Zaalbar's father, Freyyr and then resolve the situation (depending if I'm dark or light) and get Zaalbar back.

-Manaan is next and the most boring planet.

-I set off Jolee's party conversations with Bastila and his conversation with Carth.

-I do the Sunry trial, which is a friend of Jolee's.

-I sneak in the Sith base and get the evidence I need to prove they're evil.

-I then go Hrakert Rift underwater station and get the fourth Star Map, defeat Darth Bandon and leave Manaan.

-Of course you get captured by the Leviathan.

-My favorite way of doing the rescue is with Juhani.

-I then defeat Saul Karath and then confront Darth Malak and learn about something about my character. ;)

-I escape the Leviathan, and Bastila is captured.

-I go to Korriban last.

-I get accepted into the Sith Academy.

-I then complete the Dustil side quest.

-I do as little as I can about setting up Yuthura and Uthar because I like to fight them at their full strength at the same time. You

can redeem Yuthura, but I choose to never do that because I like the challenge of fighting both of them and I like that you have to

wipe out the Sith Academy because of it. It's more work, but I love doing that the best. :)

-I get the prestige needed to do my final trial.

-I get a Sith lightsaber as a gift along with the fifth and final Star Map.

-Then I destroy Uthar and Yuthura and wipe out the Sith Academy.

-I leave Korriban to go to the Star Forge.

-I crash on the Unknown world and based on my alignment, I work something out to get into the Rakatan Temple

-I confront Bastila, who offers to join me and also to become my lover. :D

-Based on my aligment, I chose to either join Bastila and kill Juhani and Jolee, or I reject her and she retreats.

-I then have to report to my party and things happen based on what I chosen with Bastila and leave. ;)

-I raid the Star Forge next.

-Depending on what I chose at the temple, I either confront Bastila, or three Dark Jedi.

-If it's Bastila, I redeem her and we confess our love for each other.

-Then I make my way to Darth Malak and destroy him, and the ending is based on the choice I made with Bastila on the temple.

There is lots of other side quests I do in the game that I didn't mention. I just mention the ones that stick out the most.

:Open2:

Jesus... Thanks for writing a book for me.

So, do you keep talking over and over to a person? Like when one conversation ends do you immediately start again? Or do you do one conversation, do part of the main quest or something, and then talk to them again?

Also, how do you get party conversations when you want them? Just walk around for a bit, or start talking to one and the other jumps in?

Finally... (I hope)

Can you still love Bastila and be on the Dark side?

Just in case people will get angry for me not warning.

My order:

Tatooine > Kashyyyk > Korriban > Manaan

Depending on what I'm trying to do, I might or might not complete Korriban before heading to Manaan. If I don't then the order is the same but after Manaan > Korriban 2.

You talk with the party members, and when you have get to the end of the dialoug, you start to talk to them again, and again so many times you can. You get more dialougs when you have done some things in the game, like finding the star maps. And the party conversations i think is on diffrent location, dont think they are random.

A few more questions:

Is there a certain point in the whole background story that you can reach on a certain planet? Meaning if you get someone to reveal something, and then you have to wait until later for more?

If the answer is yes...

What is the point you can get Carth to on Taris?

What is the point you can get Mission to on Taris?

Also... With Carth, after a conversation, I can't pick to talk to him (other than about Taris) after I finish one conversation. With Mission, however, I got her to reveal Lena, and she got angry about her and said she had to stop talking. Now, when I click on Mission to talk, I can still pick "Tell me about your brother". She still says she's angry about Lena. Why can I keep choosing this? Also, Mission didn't get a journal entry. Is this normal? I can't remember.

You can get Carth as far as revealing that

Saul Karath betrayed the Republic and turned to the Sith cause.

And you have hit the limit with Mission's conversations if I recall right. Though the lack of a journal entry for this is odd, but, however, the dialogue node in itself is important to the sidequest - that's why you still have it.

As it usually always is, playing it a second time doesn't have the same magic the first time did. The first time, when the Council got close to revealing the PC's true identity, I didn't catch on and was confused and mystified. Now, I'm like "I'm Darth Revan, *snip*!". Probably because I named myself Revan.

Like DarthSaboteur states below, try not to use foul language as we are a more family freindly forum, thanks. -RH

Please refrain from cursing Jasper, it's against forum policies and will get you a warning from the mods.

Penalties for spamming, cussing, and flaming:

First, the person will receive a public warning in the thread in which the offense occurred.

If the person does not comply, he/she will be given a final warning via private message.

If the person keeps flaming/cussing/spamming, he/she will be banned.

Spamming may also result in the reduction of the user's post count(to 0).

Yay for pretend mods ;)

In this case DarthSaboteur is correct. ;) -RH

But there's no reason for him to play moderator. You woud have caught it yourself, I'm sure.

PS, you might want to fix 'freindly' up there, RH ;)

Here's the ultimate solution to the question: In whatever order you feel like. Do what you want. Ignore the 'suggested order'. Or not. Whatever. It's your game - who are we to tell you what order to do things in :)

Archived