Home

[FIC]Amongst the Ruins

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a good one, Jason.

@Pottsie, Trando is a good name too.

How about... Thor? I made a character with that name before, I think. Is it good?

And then I need an assasin droid name? :D

Btw, You probably won't get to know them that well, at least for a while.

Question 1: How many more Chapters to the end of this Fic (Don't worry, I don't want this Fic to end).

Question 2: What Fic will you write next? Another Battlefront 2 ROTE Level?

Name for an Assassin Droid: AD-10 (AD stands for Assassin Droid). And Thor is a good name for a Trandoshan. Also Drazil was a good name. And I also like Trando (Which was my suggestion).

Answer 1: I have no idea. I keep adding new chapters here and there to my original plan. I'd say at least ten, maybe twenty more chapters.

Answer 2: Next, I will write Heart of Darkness, probably. That one is going to tie into bballforlife's fic, I believe.

As far as we've planned, bball's main character will survive and join Iota Squad. He won't be a perminent member, just for the mission. They will hunt down the sith lord that they fail to kill in Memories of the 182nd

Btw, I like AD-10.

Btw, I like AD-10.

Thanks. To be honest, I never liked the Heart of Darkness level (I suppose you'll spice it up a bit). The reason is because of Felucia (Which is a horrible Planet I think) and the fact that Acklay's can kill Aayla Secura in two hits.

Heart of Darkness wasn't that great of a level, IMO, but yes, I'll spice it up. I think that a fic will work out okay. I think that maybe the map wasn't as great as it could be. I'll manage to make a decent fic out of it... Hopefully. :D

I'll have some time to work on the next chapter tonight, I believe.

I'm not sure. bball and I have been discussing it a bit. I'm not sure how it was going to happen. I think that either the lord survives or the apprentice. I'm not sure which one survives.

Anyways, I'm currently working on Chapter 10: Battle of the Bridges.

off topic:

i think our "Praesitlyn Campaign" is dying. wanna give it some life?

on topic:

i agree with pottsie, however, the exiled jedi should serve Dooku instead, because Dooku has experience in controlling dark jedi like Ventress

off topic:

i think our "Praesitlyn Campaign" is dying. wanna give it some life?

on topic:

i agree with pottsie, however, the exiled jedi should serve Dooku instead, because Dooku has experience in controlling dark jedi like Ventress

i say sith or DJ

Sorry I was gone. :D

Anyways, I'll figure out what to do with the sith once bball's story unfolds. Thanks for all the suggestions though. If you have any more, feel free to post them.

[Offtopic]Yeah, let's dust off the 'ol Praesitlyn Campaign. :D[/Offtopic]

Btw, the next chapter is coming out today.

Chapter 10: Battle of the Bridges

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Forward Command Post – Mygeeto Mission Clock 13:00

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Hunter threw himself to the metal floor as blaster bolts seared above his head. The chamber was no longer dark. On the contrary, the bridge conjunction was lit a dim red, due to the reflection of the hundreds of red blaster bolts that filled the chamber. Hunter looked to his left and saw that the bridge railing that he was hiding behind was glowing white-orange. “Fierfek!” he shouted and pushed off just in time before the railing gave way to the repeated blaster fire and blew inward. The same thing was happening all over the bridge.

Suddenly, the cavernous space began to glow light purple as the blue blaster bolts from the auto turrets mixed with the red. Hunter peeked over the railing to see an auto turret tear through lines of droids, standing in tight rows on the bridge next to them. The same thing was happening all around. Now that the droids had something else to keep them occupied, Iota Squad was free to do some maneuvering.

With the timely arrival of the Republic controlled auto turrets, a new wave of confidence washed over Hunter. He grabbed his rifle and poked it over the bridge railing. He unleashed a storm of plasma on the enemy droids. “Watch out!” Flash yelled, shoving Hunter’s face into the floor. Red rounds flew over Hunters head, skimming the back of his helmet.

“Thanks, Flash,” Hunter said casually, before he looked up. Droids began to pour in from the conduit from which they had entered.

“Where’d they get all these droids?” Max asked.

“I don’t know, but they’re not enough to pin down Iota Squad,” Storm said, chucking a grenade into the oncoming ranks of droids. The droids didn’t even look down as the thermal detonator bounced around at their feet. Hunter closed his eyes as the grenade detonated. Droid parts were sent air born, but none hit Iota Squad.

“Nice job,” Hunter commented.

“Yeah, nice job,” Flash said sarcastically. The bridge began to sway as the cables that held it up began to snap due to the explosion caused by the grenade. “This thing’s gonna fall.”

Hunter watched as two Trandoshans began to fire at the dwindling cables with their accelerated charged particle repeater submachine guns from a bridge a couple levels up. The lines quickly snapped and the bridge began to bend. “Hold on tightly,” Storm said, digging his fingers into the metal access strip as it fell. Hunter brought up his rifle as he fell. If he was correct, those Trandoshans were in charge of this trap. He tried to get a couple of shots off as he fell. The bolts seemed to bend as the bridge came closer to the bridge underneath them.

Crash! The bottom of the bridge bent under the weight of itself as it made contact with a conduit underneath the original. Hunter slid down nearly one hundred meters of metal before coming to a hard stop at the bottom. Droids continued to fire at them, despite their dwindling numbers caused by the auto turrets.

“Weeeee,” Flash said as he slid down the fallen down access strip. Max and Storm soon followed. Storm slid down with his vibro blades out, carving two parallel lines into the corrugated metal of the bridges floor. Iota Squad now stood in the middle of another conduit and they faced the same problem; they were surrounded by hostiles with little to no cover.

“Caleb, can you locate our position?” Max asked into his comm. system. “Our original path has been destroyed. We need an alternate path.”

“Copy that,” Caleb replied. “I’m looking for one now.” Storm took the opportunity to start nailing some more droids via his DC-15s pistol.

“I hope he hurries,” Hunter said, a blaster bolt nearly missing his already wounded shoulder. Hunter quickly brought up his rifle and shot the droid. “Dang droids.”

“Iota?” Caleb came through.

“Iota, here,” Max replied.

“I just finished getting you your instructions. I’m patching them to your holo map now.”

“Thanks for the assistance, Kappa.”

“Don’t mention it. Carry on.”

“Will do. Iota, out,” Max said in finality. The auto turrets now attacked in full force, providing time for Iota Squad to cut though the bridge and get on their way. Hunter was slicing through the metal using his fusion cutter. When he was done, he punched it in and stepped through on point; there were no hostiles ahead.

The rest of Iota Squad quickly followed through the hole. There was a covered section of the conduit just around fifty meters to their twelve. “Almost there,” Max said to comfort his squad.

Just then, ACP rounds began to flower the access strip with bullet holes. Hunter looked up and saw three Trandoshan mercenaries wearing high-tech, bulky black armor slide down on grappling lines. They were out of range below him by the time he got his rifle up, so Hunter simply shot their zip lines down. He didn’t now how far down the drop would have been, but he hoped that it would be enough to at least injure the mercenaries. The last thing that Hunter wanted to happen was get pinned down by droids and Trandoshans; those filthy di’kuts.

The incoming blaster bolts began to die down as the auto turrets finished up the last of the droids. It was amazing what a dozen or so auto turrets could do to a couple hundred droids. As a result of this decrease in blaster fire, the area began to dim. The only thing that gave off light was the occasional spark of a dieing droid and the dim light given off by melting metal.

Iota Squad crouched quietly down the narrow access strip, heading towards the IFP. Hunter could barely see his rifle stretch out in front of him, let alone a hostile that might be lurking at the end of his rifle. Suddenly, there was a thump behind them. Hunter flung around and gazed into the shadow. “What was that?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” Max replied, struggling against the darkness.

“Probably just a droid arm,” Storm said reassuringly. “Let’s keep moving.” He walked up on point, but Hunter stood still, eyes still trying to focus.

“There’s a flashing light,” Hunter commented.

“What do you know; somebody dropped a mine right behind us,” Flash said happily.

“What did you say it was?” Max asked.

“He said it was a mine,” Storm replied, slightly annoyed. “If it is, it’ll blow us up if we don’t get out of here.”

“Roger that,” Max said. “Let’s move out.” They started to move on; still walking crouched as to minimize their surface area, the area where a bullet could hit. “What are you doing, Hunter?”

Hunter starred at the flashing red light. Someone or something was still behind them. He carefully brought up his rifle and gazed through the scope. Hunter starred into the face of what appeared to be an assassin droid. He reflexively squeezed the trigger on his DC-15s blaster rifle, but by the time the bolts reached the assassin droid, it was able to easily sidestep the rounds and speedily run to the other end of the bridge.

“What was it?” Flash asked curiously.

“An assassin droid,” Hunter replied. “A fast one.”

“And what was the light?” Max asked, starting to feel a little worried.

Hunter looked down at it through his scope. He motioned for them to run towards the covered area of the conduit. “A mine!” He shouted. Iota Squad was sprinting at top speed, trying to escape the explosion. ACP rounds began to chase them towards the opening. No doubt the Trandoshans were behind this. They were more skilled than the regular mercenaries; they were some kind of Trandoshan commandos. He’d make sure to tell the commander when he had the time.

Storm grunted as three rounds hit his armor and bounced off. Luckily, they hadn’t hit at quite the right angle to penetrate the armor. The light on the mine began to flash faster and faster. “Almost there,” Max told his squad.

“Dang it! Jump!” Hunter shouted. A low rumbling could be heard behind him. The cavern was lit up completely. Hunter saw the true extent of the number of bridges in the compound for the first time, through his peripheral vision. They were everywhere and going in every direction. He could just imagine them filled with droids. The thought made him shiver.

The bridge seemed to disintegrate as the explosion sucked up everything in the vicinity. Hunter jumped at the same time the bridge was swallowed up in flames. He reached out and grabbed onto the edge of the covered conduit, in which his squad had already entered, the bridge no longer under his feet. His hands met with the warm dry metal, and he hung for his life. Flames licked at Hunter’s legs and began to melt his armor a bit.

Max grabbed onto his hand and tried to help him up. Hunter looked up in time to see a metal round knick Max in the side of his face, taking off some of the armor. He stumbled, but did not let go. Flash helped Max pull up Hunter while Storm shot plasma into the now dark bridge conjunction.

“Let’s get on our way,” Max said, breathing hard.

Hunter stood up, using the wall as support for his charred legs. “Let’s.”

Archived