Home

[FIC]Amongst the Ruins

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the double post, but I've got a question. Today, I started making the info sheet for the enemy squad. I've ran into some trouble with the weapons. I know the Trandoshan weapons from RC, but there aren't very many. What kinds of weapons do Trandoshans have? Rocket laucher, pistols, snipers, rifles, etc?

hey Niner_777, what do you think of my new avatar and sig? i got inspired after reading your fanfic. it took for ever to make the sig in ms paint XP

I like the Sig and Avatar. The Darth Maul Sig creeped me out and the Darth Maul Avatar weren't good (to be honest).

Thanks reading it jedi_exile. I just got back from my two day vacation and I'm leaving again tomorrow morning for another. I won't have time to write, sorry. Anyways, try to keep this thread alive will you? :D

Still ontopic, I'm thinking of making a concept art thread for my fics. Since I stink at art it will probably just be people and guns. :) It might be awhile until I get around to it though. And don't worry, I will continue this fic, lol.

Btw, >.> nice sig, jedi_exile. >.>

Well, I'm back from vacation and I believe that I've got some time to write. I'll get working on the chapter as soon as I can. In the car, I was trying to put together a storyline. I kind of failed, but I got an idea of what to write for my next couple of chapters. Hopefully I'll get the next one out tomorrow,? Maybe that's wishful thinking, lol.

Chapter 11: Ascending Ambush-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Forward Command Post – Mygeeto Mission Clock 13:30 //

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Iota Squad cautiously crept down the corridor leading towards the perimeter of the Forward Command Post. They’d need to use their new directions that were patched to them into their holo map of the command post. Due to their engagement in the bridge conjunction, they’d already lost precious time, the element that the 501st forces on Mygeeto were depending on throughout this miniature operation.

Hunter was beginning to get used to the blackness that filled the command post. Thanks to the soldier’s faulty night vision equipment, they had to learn to see without light on their own. Clones were engineered to have advanced eyesight, and they all did. It would be completely impossible for an ordinary human to navigate and survive in this complete darkness, and that’s exactly why Jango wasn’t ordinary.

Despite the careful and complicated engineering, some clones still had better eyesight. This could be caused by a number of reasons. Perhaps there had been a mutation in the DNA that was used to create the clone, or perhaps the clone had adapted. There were many stories of clones that had adapted to do their duty. An example of adapting was common in clone assassins. Hunter didn’t know exactly what went on in their training, but it was said that many had gained force speed.

Hunter’s brain began to hurt from that thought. Anyways, Flash had somehow adapted to this darkness and was now seeing quite clearly without any low-light equipment. With Flash leading the way on point, Hunter felt secure, but he would have much rather been in a situation where all of Iota Squad was functioning at one hundred percent.

As a matter of fact, Hunter was functioning far from one hundred percent. His legs still burned and ached as the scorched and melted metal and plastic that covered his legs began to harden to his body. His nerves were beginning to feel numb. At least his muscles were still moving his body.

Hunter saw Flash’s silhouette stop moving. “Hold up,” Flash said.

“What’s going on?” Max asked.

“We’ve got an intersection up ahead. Toss me the map, will you?” Flash replied. Max underhand tossed the small map in Flash’s direction. He caught it easily and activated it. Hunter almost squinted as the dim luminosity from the holo map filled the chamber around them.

“It looks like we’ve just got to take the third staircase on the right,” Storm said casually, walking up to Flash. Storm’s pistol was still pointing down the hallway.

“I agree,” Max alleged. Taking an elevator would be too risky. Those Trandoshans could easily have hidden a remote explosive on the top of the elevator. We’d be too vulnerable. We’ll just have to take the slow and cautious way.”

“Like we always do,” Storm said.

“Still, they could easily set up an ambush or minefield on the stairs,” Hunter pointed out.

“I’m sure that they will, but we’ll be able to counter that if we have some room to maneuver,” Max rebutted.

“That’s true,” Hunter said, imagining the possibilities. “Our best bet is taking that staircase.”

“I agree,” Flash concluded, shutting off the holo map. The area returned to its darkened state, leaving Hunter nearly blind, but slowly recovering.

“Weapons up,” Max ordered. “We need everybody looking out for ambushes.” They passed the first set of staircases that led deeper into the ground below the command post. Hunter peered down the scope of his rifle, the rest of Iota Squad doing the same. The second set of staircases passed as well, also leading downward. The third set of stairs lay ahead, just now becoming visible through the thick inky atmosphere of the Forward Command Post.

Just beyond the stairs that Iota Squad had planned to take were two elevators. Their doors were closed, just how they were supposed to be. However, there were two little green lights where the control panel was. Hunter expected that he’d have to slice into the system to get them working if they had decided to take the elevator. Could Kappa Squad have activated the elevator from the main command center, or did the Trandoshans think that they’d be able to fool Iota Squad.

“Do you guys see that?” Hunter asked.

“Huh?” Storm grunted.

“That light on the elevator,” Hunter motioned towards them. “Could it be a trap?”

“It could,” Max said. “Let’s just leave it alone.”

“Roger that, Lead,” Flash said, flattening himself against the wall, next to the third stairway on the right. “I’m in position.”

“I copy,” Max replied. “Get into single-side breach formation.” Flash stayed put while the rest of Iota Squad lined up behind him. “Execute on my mark.” Hunter checked his rifle’s ammo count before he looked up and signaled that he was ready. “Mark!”

Flash took two large strides across the threshold to the staircase and leveled his pistol at an angle. At the same time, the rest of Iota Squad stepped out, filling the gaps in the brink, firearms up. “No contacts,” Storm commented slowly.

“Keep your guard up, soldiers,” Max ordered. “Let’s take this staircase in standard ascent formation.”

"Roger, Lead,” Hunter said. Iota Squad lined up with their backs to the outside of the winding staircase; each person’s weapon was aimed in a different spot to cover as much area as possible. There were many places for enemies to hide at different levels, yet little cover when being attacked. They’d been drilled for these situations.

Flash took the lead, sweeping his pistol over the highest level he could see, while Storm took the rear, covering the lower levels of the staircase. They’d only have to go up three levels to get to the plane on which their two fire points were located.

“Still no contacts,” Max said confused.

“Maybe the Trandoshans thought that we’d take the elevator,” Flash commented, obviously amused at their situation.

“Or maybe they don’t even know what’s going on,” Storm said. “Stupid lizards.”

Almost on queue, there was a flash of light about five levels up. A single projectile dug its way through Max’s armor and into his bicep. He grunted with pain from the blow, but managed to bring up his rifle with his uninjured arm. Suddenly, a storm of bullets began to rain down on Iota Squad.

ACP rounds chipped away at the railings and skimmed off the clone’s armor. “Fierfek!” Storm grunted as a burst of bullets finally managed to penetrate his armor. He aimed his pistol right on one of the flashes and squeezed the trigger continuously. The flashing stopped from that area, but there were still one more source.

Hunter sidestepped over to Max, spraying small bursts of fire into the darkness when he thought that there was movement.

“You okay, Lead?” Hunter asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Let’s just get moving up this staircase,” Max replied.

“Right,” Hunter said. Glancing at the hole in Max’s armor. Then the firing stopped, and everything went out of focus.

“Let’s move,” Max shouted, but no noise was heard outside of his helmet.

“Roger,” Flash said, turning the corner on the stairs and starting up the next flight.

Just then, there was another flash. A bullet zoomed through a railing and burrowed its way into Max’s gauntlet. He almost dropped his rifle. With this shot, more firing broke out. Storm sidestepped as a red beam of energy slashed into the wall behind them. “Droid snipers,” Hunter informed, seeing the beam blow by.

“Sorry, Lead,” Storm said, “but I just can’t stand being fired at.” With these words, Storm broke formation and began to run up the stairs firing into the source of the enemy fire.

“Catch up to him,” Max told the others, starting up the stairs himself, rifle flaring.

“Wait!” Hunter shouted, running after them. His eye caught a glimpse of a small red light. The light that was placed on a proximity mine. “Stop!”

Storm froze as ACP rounds pinged off his grade-B body armor. “There’s a proximity mine,” Flash informed him, obviously noticing the red light himself.

Hunter pushed his way towards the mine, crouched down behind the railing. “Cover for me,” he told Iota Squad.

“Sure thing,” Storm told him, happy that he had listened to his squad mate. The rest of Iota Squad took defensive positions behind a railing while firing up at the unknown enemies above.

Hunter walked in a crouched position towards the mine. “Never approach a mine unless crouched,” he said to himself. That was what their training sergeant always told them. When he came to the mine, he took out his slicing pack and got to work on disabling the mine.

An all new wave of bullets began to descend on Iota Squads position. Many of the bullets penetrated halfway into the armor before loosing velocity, and therefore their armor was peppered with bullets rather than bullet holes, a rather good thing. Despite all the commotion, Hunter forced himself to remain calm and concentrate. He was almost done.

Static came through on Hunter’s comlink, but he couldn’t afford to turn around to make sure his squad mates were still alive. “I’m almost done,” he told them. Hunter began to feel projectiles pounding his back. He had to let it; he couldn’t move for the risk of setting off the mine.

“Are you almost done?” Max’s voice broke through the static.

“Three, two,” Hunter was saying when a large bullet emitted from a rifle above him. It plowed into his shoulder and crossed wound that he had sustained earlier in their mission. “One!” The light on the mine turned off and Hunter slumped down on it, pain shooting from his shoulder to his deep within his brain. All firing stopped. The enemy must’ve retreated once they’d realized that the mine was disabled.

“Those weren’t regular mercenaries,” Storm said. His deep voice seemed to fade into the night. Hunter rolled over to see Max on top of him already tending to his wound.

“Not now,” Hunter tried to say, but was overwhelmed by pain to resist. They’d all taken a beating in that ambush, and they still had more to go.

Sorry for making you guys wait so long. I finally had some time today so I got to work and kept at it until I finished all 1,703 words. :D I got carried away so I split up the the original chapter yet again. That makes four times. :) Anyways, please leave feedback/etc. for me.

Thanks.

Archived