Home

EAW MAP EDITOR is Released!

SAGEKING-PG

thanks the community needed this, and i hope that lucasfiles get it soon i havent got time to dl it off flieplanet

to expand on what sageking said

The STAR WARS: EMPIRE AT WAR map editor is now available for download. The editor gives you the ability to create land and space skirmish maps. It also includes a 3D Studio Max plug-in allowing you to bring models into the editor that you've created. Patch 1.04 is required in order to play custom maps created by the editor. Please note that the editor is not supported and is only available in English.

Just a quick question if you don't mind, Torpid...or Sage...or anyone involved in the map editor really. :D I just started working on a Talus map that I've been wanting to make for EAW for a while now...I was wondering, is it possible to use the maps you make in the map editor for Galactic Conquest? Thanks for any answer...

Oh and I also figured this editor out pretty well, it's not too hard IMO...although I've already crashed out once using the fill bucket. :p

-Xoriss

Hehe yep, the editor is not exactly "n00b" friendly, although space maps are fairly simple. While there is no OFFICIAL support for the mod tools/editor, I will answer questions in the mod forum as time permits.

Any plans to add compatibility for the alamo exporter for other version of 3ds max? (7, 7.01, 8), or any other 3d modeling programs (maya, blender, lightwave, etc).

thanks and a big thank you for the tools.

Just a quick question if you don't mind, Torpid...or Sage...or anyone involved in the map editor really. :D I just started working on a Talus map that I've been wanting to make for EAW for a while now...I was wondering, is it possible to use the maps you make in the map editor for Galactic Conquest? Thanks for any answer...

Oh and I also figured this editor out pretty well, it's not too hard IMO...although I've already crashed out once using the fill bucket. :p

-Xoriss

Yes it is. You need to edit some XML to do this, however.

First you will need to open Planets.XML and add a new planet entry for the planet you want. There are XML tags for the land and space maps - fill those in with the map names you are making. When you make your maps, make sure to follow the solo-play/sandbox instructions.

Once you have that, either make a new campaign file or edit one of the existing ones and add your planet to the campaign's planet list. Your planet and maps should appear in the campaign when you run it. For more details, I'm sure you can visit the modding forums here.

Any plans to add compatibility for the alamo exporter for other version of 3ds max? (7, 7.01, 8), or any other 3d modeling programs (maya, blender, lightwave, etc).

thanks and a big thank you for the tools.

You're welcome! I expect to see great things from the modding community :)

I doubt we will be doing any plugins for anything other than Max since that is the only modeling software we use at Petroglyph, at least currently. I'm not sure about the later versions; I will ask, but I expect there was a reason for the particular version compatibility.

Archived