Home

Arc Hammer

wedge2211

The chat transcript says that all three phases of Dark Trooper will be produced on the Arc Hammer, "a special Star Destroyer." This opens up a whole new way to produce units--at mobile factories. It's also a pretty cool nod to Dark Forces.

I have to wonder, though, if this new ship will give Kyle Katarn a more prominent role in the game. Perhaps Kyle could be sent on a mission to take out the Arc Hammer, as the Rebellion paid him to do in DF, or he could make a Red Squadron-style trench run...

I like the idea of a mobile space factory. Like a smaller space station, only it can (presumably) hyperspace away.

And speaking of Kyle Katarn... doesn't his ship, the Mouldy Crow, reside in the game code somewhere? They might implement it in the expansion and use it as an additional way of taking out the Arc Hammer. As in you can either do a full-on space assault and take it out the conventional way, or send Katarn on a solo mission to do the job.

The chat transcript says that all three phases of Dark Trooper will be produced on the Arc Hammer, "a special Star Destroyer." This opens up a whole new way to produce units--at mobile factories. It's also a pretty cool nod to Dark Forces.

Quoted for emphasis :D

I also really love the idea of the Dark Troopers being produced in a mobile factory ship - besides being a cool story element it also makes the Dark Trooper a very special unit that you can't just build on every planet.

Kyle Katarn ftw. :D

If they don't have them already, you could certainly mod the Arc Hammer into a TIE/X control ship that builds squadrons. This might also be a great boon to Clone Wars-era mods--Separatist carriers could manufacture droid starfighters!

Yep I would really like to see it as it should be, and hope we can move it as any other ship in the game.

In battle, well i guess it should be more less like any other space station, with enought fire power to defend itself(it's supposed to be heavily armed, like a ISD), but with slow mobility not makeing it ideal for offensive assaults.

http://www.galacticempiredatabank.com/ArcHammer.jpg

Disabling it's engines is one possibility, assuming the opponent isn't hellbent to retreating as soon as he can as y-wings are slow to move. Another would be having Tarkin in that same fleet (would be ironic if he was on the Arc Hammer) since I *think* all heroes will be present in GC but not in the campaign as after all by the expansion's timeline he's a few decades dead.

What if the Arc Hammer is like the DS and only the rebels can destroy it, and to do that they need to win a tactical battle with the Mouldy Crow in their fleet, then it will go to a cut scene showing the Hammer's destruction

Would be wonderful for the story mode.

Also nice if the "picture" for Moldy Crow/ Raven's Claw in the game shows not Kyle but Jan.

yes I'm praying for that, i really want to see Kyle in GC (and if he's already a jedi it would be super).

I still think that it would be a better choice for the campaign EaW to use Kyle instead of Han, I'm not against Han, but as far as I knew Mon Mothma didn't knew of Han 'till ANH, and we know from Dark Forces, that she tended to use Kyle a lot =(. Well anyway I hope he has a greater role here(and I hope he wins some position in the fan's choice figure of Hasbro XD)

This is the sort of innovative design out of Petroglyph that makes me look forward so much to further entries in the series... not only is tagging a special star destroyer as producer of 'X' unit a cool idea, it is indeed a wonderful nod to what is still the best Star Wars first-person shooter.

I would think one could destroy the Arc Hammer like any other starship.

Archived