Home

Would you buy Knights of the New Republic?

tbl1

Would you buy Knights of the New Republic?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy Knights of the New Republic?

• Definitely
    • Probably
    • Maybe
    • Probably not
    • Definitely not

I voted definetely Not. mostly because there is way too much untold about the Old Republic. Were talking 3000 years untold even once the current Kotor trilogy ends. While I have yet to read any of the SW books I have played enough of the games and dealt with the RPG enough that the only bad taste I get in my mouth about the Vong is there similarities too the "Aliens"(Aliens movies), the "Zerg"(Starcraft), and the "Tyranids"(Warhammer 40K). While I'll admit the largest difference between the Vong and the 3 I mentioned is appearance the principals are all the same. Prime's suggestion of 140ABY and later is good as once again were dealing with a unwritten universe.

They are a typical second villian. Oh lets make these guys immune to the powers of the jedi. It pretty much destroys all that people see in jedi and throws a few books out the window in terms of who the jedi are.

I agree. The villain must always challenge the hero, but the Yuuzhon Vong use the cheapest, easiest, least imaginative method possible. They are also a thematic violation of Star Wars. In Star Wars, technology, particularly technology without morality, is depicted as the bad guy and weaker than the human spirit, represented by the Force, the Jedi and (I'm sorry to say) Ewoks. Droid troopers, Clone troopers and Vader's cybernetics all represent the corruption of technology.

"The ability to destroy a planet is nothing compared to the power of the Force."

It doesn't matter how the Yuuzhon Vong tech works. In Star Wars, technology should never be superior to the Force.

Anyway i think even if they were to make a post Rotj Kotor game, it would not be canon. When it comes to making movies, especially Revenge of the Sith and the 2004 DVD release of the original trilogy, George does'nt give a dam about all this rubbish about the Yuuzhan vong and all that. I think this was shown by placing the Jedi Temple in the Coruscant celebration scene in Rotj as previously in the "Expanded universe" i have read numerous references as to it was destroyed in the Clone Wars. Placing this in the scene CLEARLY shows that he has his own vision of what happened after Return of the Jedi and why would'nt luke want to use the old Jedi Temple to restart the Jedi instead preffering some old Massassi evil temple. This is why i tend to ignore most post EU carpyness.

I would probably buy it and play it for whatever it'd be worth. I'd try to have some fun with it just because I need something to play.

You know, for novelty's sake.

However, Prime's idea, so far, seems the most attractive. There's a bit of structure but the door is left open for many opportunities to make chioces.

I could definately play in this era, or any other as long as it's not too parallel to the film saga.

...oh yeah, definately no Vong. I'm with Mace here, after the first Vong book, I promptly moved on.

Why not? After all, KotOR was great, I think it would be worth it. Even if it has to do with the Vong, I think I could handle it. It really doesn't matter.

And as for the problems that some people have with playing anything with the Vong in it (like *cough* The Doctor *cough* :D), JO and JA were both in that same New Republic era - and neither of them had anything to do with the Vong, Centerpoint station, the Sun Crusher.... whatever. Just the Imperial Remnant and some dark Jedi.

I wouldn't buy it. It would never be as good as KotOR, it would more than likely feature the Vong, because they are the only exciting part (and also the worst part) about the NJO that isn't a bunch of whiny teenage Jedi.

Part of what made KotOR great was that it was a whole new era of Star Wars, and KotNR wouldn't be, it would be crammed in along like the NJO and the Vong and would have to follow strict canonical guidelines, and would probably feature Kyle and Luke. And if they didn't want it to feature Luke and Kyle, then they would have to place KotNR in the tiny post-Vong, pre-Legacy slot on the Star Wars timeline, which would make a victory for the Jedi very hollow seeing as there is a new Sith Empire by 130ABY and would greatly limit the possibility of a sequel.

So no, I wouldn't but it because I find the whole NJO annoying, but it probably wouldn't be made because the NR and NJO have been almost completely documented, except for it's fall.

If there was a KOTNR (for lack of a better name), it would have be set in a time where no other event has been written about, to allow an open ending. That's why is should be set after the Vong.

It would never be as good as KotOR, it would more than likely feature the Vong, because they are the only exciting part (and also the worst part) about the NJO that isn't a bunch of whiny teenage Jedi.
IMO, it is safe to say that Lucasarts will never make a game where the Vong are the focus. They are too unknown and different from what the casual fan (which is the vast majority) knows, and too controversial to the rest of the fanbase.

IMO, it is safe to say that Lucasarts will never make a game where the Vong are the focus. They are too unknown and different from what the casual fan (which is the vast majority) knows, and too controversial to the rest of the fanbase.

That's too bad, 'cause I'd definitely play a SW game featuring the Yuuzhan Vong. They sound extremely interesting and challenging as villains to me (from what I've read about them here)

Archived