Home

TSL: Past the Glory Days?

The_Maker

The KotORs probably are among those games. I haven't played them in a while, but I doubt I've played them for the last time.

(Other old games I've replayed years after first playing them are Baldurs Gate II, ST:Bridge Commander and Neverwinter Nights. I've even replayed a bit of Pathways into Darkness, Marathon and Myth:The Fallen Lords on my ancient Mac, though the graphics are horrible by todays standards. )

Quoted for emphasis.

(Games that I play every once in a while, besides KoTOR: Hitman 2 Silent Assassin, Hitman Contracts, Deus Ex Invisible War, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, GTA San Andreas, Warhammer 40000 DoW Winter Assault, etc.)

Well after running thru the game 30+ times you start to lose interest, and will usually only load up parts you feel like playing.

Yes, the story is still kinda nice, but it does not surprise me anymore. Like, the first time in kotor you would say "OMG blahblahblah is actually Revan!" but after numerous replay, its not as shocking. Its still nice though, when you play it once in a while.

kotor is not an action game where you can play again and again, hopefully against other people, so yeah it fades a bit over time, this happens to most rpgs.

kotor is not an action game where you can play again and again, hopefully against other people, so yeah it fades a bit over time, this happens to most rpgs.

Just the opposite for me, for it is the 'action' and MP games I hang out to dry more often than not. ;)

People still play Worms 2 and Baldurs Gate, aye?

It shows that when the gameplay is good, the community will support it longer. As long as pcgamemods, lucasfiles etc excist, people will mod.

I'm just afraid that the community like these forums will die soon. There are many 'non hard-core' Kotor gamers out here...

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, Im a noob to these forums and I feel stupid asking this, but what's the TSL restoration project? I have no idea what your talking about. :)

They are restoring some of the cut content from TSL (mostly what happens durng the last part of the game)

http://www.team-gizka.org/

There is also an M4-78 Restoration Project. This Project seeks to restore the droid planet to the game.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163381

I've just taken a two-month break on the KOTOR games and played BF2 & LSW instead. When I came back, The entire thing was fresh for me (especially with the welcome addition of the KSE and a bunch of new mods), and I felt it had only slagged a little bit.

I have played both of the Kotor games countless times, and I am finished with it. I even went so far, to buy an english version after I played the german one several times, just to compare voices (Malak's english voice sucks compared to the german one btw :D)

I'm done with Kotor, and since Oblivion became boring very fast, I stick to what I have been playing for years. Warcraft 3 tft online...with a friend playing such a game is always funny.

As for offline games, at the moment I play Baldurs Gate II for the X. time.

And I am waiting for Gothic III. And secretly I still hope that one day there will be a Kotor 3.

Archived