Home

Arr Har Hyar AAAARRRR!

Cpt_Marley

Shiver me bedlams, maties!

I'm new to this board, and as you can tell, an avid Monkey Island fan. So I figured I could celebrate with a good hearty ARR session. Anyone care to join me?

Heeyar! Arrhee arr HAR ahlHAREEARR! ARRRRRR. he-arr har! yarrihar! HARRIYARRRR! :Pir1:

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrriiiiiii'm tempted to close this.

No offence, welcome and all, but this is a thread isn't exactly demading any kind of discussion.

I'll let it stay because you're new, but please try and steer it towards some kind of discussion (possibly about Monkey Island, this being th Monkey Island forum).

My apologies... I guess I figured fans of Monkey Island wouldn't mind senselessness akin to the games ; ) Thanks for moving it instead of deleting it, though. What a nice welcome that would've been!

Ok, so... monkey island discussion. How about this? How does one solve the age discrepancy of Elaine Marley? If LeChuck died years and years before, shouldn't elaine be a good bit older than Guybrush? And if you take that into the whole children "theory", would elaine be an older girl that Guybrush had a crush on whom Chuckie was seriously trying to go after?

Y'know, not like Monkey Island is shakespeare or anything, but it's a thought.

BTW, technically the post *was* about Monkey Island, Cap'n. Or more accurately, the fun of monkey island fandom.

~Capt_Marley

My apologies... I guess I figured fans of Monkey Island wouldn't mind senselessness akin to the games ; ) Thanks for moving it instead of deleting it, though. What a nice welcome that would've been!

Ok, so... monkey island discussion. How about this? How does one solve the age discrepancy of Elaine Marley? If LeChuck died years and years before, shouldn't elaine be a good bit older than Guybrush? And if you take that into the whole children "theory", would elaine be an older girl that Guybrush had a crush on whom Chuckie was seriously trying to go after?

Y'know, not like Monkey Island is shakespeare or anything, but it's a thought.

BTW, technically the post *was* about Monkey Island, Cap'n. Or more accurately, the fun of monkey island fandom.

~Capt_Marley

meh... Ron Gilbert probably didn't think it through that much. I'd say the age thing and LeChuck dying years earlier was just Guybrush's imagination and not based on reality... or something

Archived