Home

Anyone get the feeling Lucasarts doesn't want another KOTOR

Mister Chief

f you're right, I will make a custom signature saying: "Lord Foley was right, I am n00b" and put it in my signature for a month. Otherwise...ur dead

But seriously, I'm willing to make a bet on this. Since I don't have any need of souls, you might pick something else to bet, Foley

Okay, so we'll up the stakes a little- whoever loses the bet has to put "Other person was right and I'm a n00b" in their signature indefinately, or until the other guy has mercy. And when I'm giving myself a four month range, from two months before show is aired to two months after. Deal?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing like seeing two forum members willing to put something on the line to give some life to a thread, eh? :D

And when I'm giving myself a four month range, from two months before show is aired to two months after. Deal?
AFAIK there are two SW TV series in development. Which one do you refer to, the animated series or the live-action one?

It matters not.

KotOR III will only be made when it's financially profitable for them to develop it.

When the draw for this game pushes the profit margin on their projection chart over their recommended level, they'll whip one out to rake in the dough.

Right now they don't have time for silly, nonprofitable RPG's. Obviously, the money dropping public would rather play bad FPS's and Legos and crap.

I'm holding out hope that sooner or later they'll be greedy enough to try to tap the RPG bottom feeders.

I'm almost inclined to agree with the theory.. just take a look at the games released this year so far and coming up.. 2 major titles in the RPG market that I know *I* wouldn't want to compete head to head with..

Oblivion & NeverwinterNights 2...

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they "hold out" a few months after the NWN 2 hype has calmed down... (in my case, years :xp: )

Also, take into consideration that it could be quite possible (read "if") that Obsidian develops KotOR III, they're not going to release / develop a game to directly compete with their other 'baby' (NWN 2).. doesn't make good business sense..

Okay, so we'll up the stakes a little- whoever loses the bet has to put "Other person was right and I'm a n00b" in their signature indefinately, or until the other guy has mercy. And when I'm giving myself a four month range, from two months before show is aired to two months after. Deal?

It's on! :smash:

^^^

OK but you don't even know which SW TV series he refers to. Doesn't sound like the bet has been well defined so in essence you're leaving him wiggle room to get out of it. ;)

KotOR III will only be made when LucasArts thinks it's financially profitable for them to develop it.
I agree with the above statement as modified. Once Jim Ward thinks it's a good and profitable idea for LEC to make KotOR 3 then it will happen.

@ ChAiNz.2da - You only have six more days to wait before you can slake your NWN2 thirst. ;)

Nothing like seeing two forum members willing to put something on the line to give some life to a thread, eh? :D

AFAIK there are two SW TV series in development. Which one do you refer to, the animated series or the live-action one?

Animated one won't get very much hype. Live action one.

Seeing as the clone wars microseries was pretty lame, the live action show will dominate it, and personally, I think that another cartoon star wars show is a bad, bad, bad idea. Star Wars is simply not realized in animation.

^^^

OK but you don't even know which SW TV series he refers to. Doesn't sound like the bet has been well defined so in essence you're leaving him wiggle room to get out of it. ;)

I agree with the above statement as modified. Once Jim Ward thinks it's a good and profitable idea for LEC to make KotOR 3 then it will happen.

I never wiggle out of bets. It makes everyone want to kick you in the shins.:p Plus then it is less intense when I make bets with people.

And (2nd paragraph) that is why I have placed my 'money' on the tv show airing and creating more hype.

yeah, I was refering to that one too :D

Kirstin Kreuk...hmmm

No HD-pixel can beat her! :xp:

Sorry i heared her name and came as quick as i could.

Then i got to this thread.

*hides * :smash:

Acting in the role of self-appointed referee or bookie, the wager between Lord Foley and Ztalker is:

Lord Foley will place the statement "Ztalker was right and I'm a n00b!" using size 3 font or larger in his LucasForums' signature if KotOR 3 IS NOT released within 2 months before or 2 months after the airing of the first Star Wars live-action TV episode. The statement may not be removed until Ztalker extends mercy by sending Lord Foley a PM giving permission for the statement's removal.

Ztalker will place the statement "Lord Foley was right and I'm a n00b!" using size 3 font or larger in his LucasForums' signature if KotOR 3 IS released within 2 months before or 2 months after the airing of the first Star Wars live-action TV episode. The statement may not be removed until Lord Foley extends mercy by sending Ztalker a PM giving permission for the statement's removal.

If the two referenced forum members will please acknowledge their agreement to the above specified terms then the bet can be considered satisfactorily established.

:dev11::smirk2::dev11:

KotOR I (PC Release Date): November 19, 2003

KotOR II (PC Release Date): February 8, 2005

KotOR II was released 1 year + 8 months ago. If there is going to be any anouncement about KotOR III, I would think it will not happen for a while.

*Speculation - Lets say it is being planned -or- it is in the works now. I don't think anything will be said for a good year from now.*

At the moment, I am personally suffering from KotOR burnout. I love the games, for they brought something new to Star Wars. When was the last time we have seen anything so exciting in Star Wars?

I hate to say it: If they released KotOR III anytime soon, I would buy and shelve the game for at least another year.

KotOR I (PC Release Date): November 19, 2003

KotOR II (PC Release Date): February 8, 2005

KotOR II was released 1 year + 8 months ago. If there is going to be any anouncement about KotOR III, I would think it will not happen for a while.

And that is a very fast turnaround time for an RPG series, or any game series for that matter.

Acting in the role of self-appointed referee or bookie, the wager between Lord Foley and Ztalker is:

Lord Foley will place the statement "Ztalker was right and I'm a n00b!" using size 3 font or larger in his LucasForums' signature if KotOR 3 IS NOT released within 2 months before or 2 months after the airing of the first Star Wars live-action TV episode. The statement may not be removed until Ztalker extends mercy by sending Lord Foley a PM giving permission for the statement's removal.

Ztalker will place the statement "Lord Foley was right and I'm a n00b!" using size 3 font or larger in his LucasForums' signature if KotOR 3 IS released within 2 months before or 2 months after the airing of the first Star Wars live-action TV episode. The statement may not be removed until Lord Foley extends mercy by sending Ztalker a PM giving permission for the statement's removal.

If the two referenced forum members will please acknowledge their agreement to the above specified terms then the bet can be considered satisfactorily established.

Acknowledged, Mr. Bookmaker...:xp:

It probably wouldn't be a good idea to announce a game until they've started development. If they say 'we're planning on making a KoTOR III,' they run the risk of getting the public hyped up over plans that might fall through, which would PROBABLY be worse than saying they're not going to develop it at all.

It probably wouldn't be a good idea to announce a game until they've started development. If they say 'we're planning on making a KoTOR III,' they run the risk of getting the public hyped up over plans that might fall through, which would PROBABLY be worse than saying they're not going to develop it at all.

Welcome to the forums, Magnas! :thmbup1: Hope you enjoy your stay at the Asylum!

(Always wanted to do that! :xp: )

@Topic:

I think you're right. If you anounce a game to early, it won't be good for the development team, all the pressure. If can just work on it as long as you please, magic happens. (Kotor 1, Oblivion, F-Zero GX)

*Speculation - Lets say it is being planned -or- it is in the works now. I don't think anything will be said for a good year from now.*
I believe that LEC would announce KotOR 3 at least one year before the game's release. So even if the game is "in the works" the soonest I think we would see it is end of 2007. However that doesn't mean I think that is when we'll see the game. IMO until we hear something official we're at least a rolling year away from seeing KotOR 3. So if no word by end of this year then we won't see the game in 2007. If no word until E3 2007 then we won't see the game until sometime in 2008. Just my 2 cents, FWIW.

Acknowledged, Mr. Bookmaker...:xp:

Acknowledged, your self-appointedness.
:animelol: So let it be written. So let it be done. Did anyone want me to develop some odds for this bet? :p

Good luck gentlemen!

Archived