Home

Stargate Movie II & III? What do you know?

The Source

Stargate Movie II & III?

What do you know?

After reading about the end of Stargate SG-1, I have been very interested in the rumors of the next two sequels.

Stargate 'Original' Writters and Creators

Director: Roland Emmerich

Writters: Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich

What I understand is that the original plan to the movies was in a different direction. Originally, Hathor was supposed to avenge the death of Ra. Ra was also from a dying species. The entire 'original' concept of Stargate would revolve around 'Egypt' lure, but in a more primitive 'Earth' reference.

If you listen to the commentary on the Stargate DVD, the writters and directors cringe about the direction SG-1 has taken.

Regardless about the deviation that Stargate SG-1 has taken, would you like to see what was truely intended for the Stargate movie series?

Oh, God, I hope not. The series is getting bad enough, there's no need to make a mockery of the movie, too...

So movies that would alter what is true in the series(which from your comment,you didn't like) would be inherently bad because...?

I think you need to read the first post before posting.

On topic, it would be interesting to see what was truly intended to happen after the movie. However, this would kill the TV series so I don't think we'll ever see a Stargate II and III. There would be a lot of "WTF?" and confusion among the fans.

On topic, it would be interesting to see what was truly intended to happen after the movie. However, this would kill the TV series so I don't think we'll ever see a Stargate II and III. There would be a lot of "WTF?" and confusion among the fans.

But see this is the thing, it has already been stated that SG-1 has a good enough following, and that people should be willing to accept the original vision for Stargate now, as the series can easily stand on it's own.

I can't wait to see the 2 sequels. :)

But see this is the thing, it has already been stated that SG-1 has a good enough following, and that people should be willing to accept the original vision for Stargate now, as the series can easily stand on it's own.

I can't wait to see the 2 sequels. :)

We'll see. We all know the controversy surrounding Lucas' new vision of the OT with the SE.

We'll see. I still remain skeptical about it.

I don't know. People say that Independance Day was Devlin and Emmerich's unofficial sequel to Stargate. With aliens finally heading to earth with the geeky scientist and brash military officer saving the world. Sure explains a few things. I generally think there should be a new movie but something related to atlantis. I always thought that had the pilot to Atlantis been a movie, it would have been a huge step in the right direction and opened the door to many other possibilities in the Stargate universe.

Archived