Home

Which Should I Use?

First Person Or Third Person  

6 members have voted

1. 1. First Person Or Third Person

• First Person
    • Third Person

I have a new Fic planned, (Hopefully everyone will like it and I won't give up early on) and I don't know whether to do it in First Person or Third Person. I would like to do First Person, since I haven't done that in a long time and all my current Fics have been in Third Person, which for me, I can't describe everything, that I can in First Person. Please vote. Oh and just to let you know I voted for First Person.

If you're going for something new, experiment with 1st person. Just know that you'll have to be very careful about how things get done, because the only way for the reader to know something is if your main character sees, hears, or experiences something first-hand. They can't know what's going on in someone else's head or see what's happening somewhere else.

If you're going to do a lot of personal development or you're just wanting to learn how to write in that voice, 1st person can be the way to go. If you're doing a lot of action/adventure, stay with 3rd person, since it'll give you a lot more freedom.

First person. I think put *you* into the fiction, and to be a padawan/knight/master/grand master/council member/sith lord/sith marauder/sith apprentice, etc...is cool, isn't it? Yeah, thinking about you to slaughter all Sith or banish the Jedi orders...Isn't it fun? It is, indeed.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived