Sion Vs Nihilus  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Sion Vs Nihilus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nihilus. He wears robes.

Which makes him a whiny b*tch :xp:

Sion doesn't care about clothing, he just wants to kill. Sion has that 'killer' feeling around him, while Nihilus...he wears a frickin mask! For all he's Michael Jackson! :xp:

That would explain him training the Miraluka child...hmm...

Sion by far, Nihilus had tons of potential, they made him out to be a total bad ass, up until you fight him, then he drops in like 4 hits, very dissappointing.

You actually got four hits on him? Impressive.

Mandalore and Visas almost polished him off before I could get my saber out.

Besides, I couldn't understand a word he said. At least I could have a decent, civil conversation with Sion before I stripped him of all dignity as I killed him.

• 2 weeks later...

Sion for sure. No question.

Sion was cool and sithly. Gravelly voice, creepy look, deep hatred. He was actually a villain to be feared.

Nihilus on the other hand, was completely retarded. Throughout the game, he's described as this all powerful life consuming "hunger." He's describe not as a character, but as a state of being. Being hungry, and being being so f**king omnipotent that just looking at his toenail clipping will make your soul explode.

But then he talks, and it's the garbled crap that's not scary, just stupid.

Plus, he's dressed like an 80 year old clown woman at a funeral.

Seriously, I can't even comprehend how they could have possibly made him look any stupider. That's not a sith robe, that's a dress. What's with his head? Those little bumps on the tops of his head that make him look like a little girl with braids? And that DUMB mask that looks like a retarded clown... Not only is it not scary or intimidating in the slightest, it looks incredibly stupid.

Then there's the fact that he ends up sucking! Kreia makes him out to be this awesome uber monster that will kill you with a glance, and not only was he NOT that, he was super easy! Like really really, "I accidentally killed him in one round without trying" easy. He's built up to be this awesome, stupidly unrealistic monster, and turns out to be a total wuss in a dress, literally.

Sion is pretty awesome himself, but when the competition is Nihilus, he wins by default, period.

Sion, I jump the first time I saw him... well, when you first meet him on the Harbinger. The interaction to him worked nicely and his first conversation with Kreia left me intrigued.

As for Nihilus... I agree with everyone who says he had the look, the suspense with being hunger personified, but when it came to fight him, he didn't deliver.

Sion went down as easily as Nihilus did, the difference is, you had to beat him four times instead of just once (which just made the boss fight with him repetitive, instead of difficult). Treya was a little harder than both of them. Her force powers were pretty badass (but still easy enough to counter if you know how).

Nihilus had a lot of potential. I thought of him like he was the Star Wars version of Marvel's Galactus, with the whole 'devouring of worlds' bit. But the lack of any backstory to him other than what you get from Visas and Tobin (and to some extent, the Jedi Council), left him feeling as if he was unfinished. Just like many other aspects of the game. Maybe he was always meant to be mysterious, but, I know how it felt playing it through, and it left a lot to be desired.

Sion on the other hand, had more of the character development that his counterpart was begging for - I just didn't like it that much. He was a bit tame compared to the other two. Just another bad guy who wants to murder the Jedi and rule the galaxy. His rather strange relationship with the force was the only interesting thing about him (but Nihilus has still got him pegged there).

So between the two, my vote goes to Nihilus, just about. Not much in it, in truth. I really hope they expand on Nihilus' character in KotOR III, if and when.

Well, to me Sion was boring in the extreme - the equivalent of the terminator in Star Wars, who just wouldn't die no matter how many times you chopped him up. And given the power levels at the end, his continual resurrection was not so much scary as boring and repetitive, particularly if you were playing DS and could just spam the Force Choke option. Yuck! He's not even a very interesting character.

Nihilus, on the other hand, is mysterious and scary. Sure, he dies all too quickly, but then most enemies in the game do, and unlike Sion, Nihilus faced both Exile, Visas and Mandalore instead of just the Exile alone. So naturally he would be easier to bring down. He goes still down too soon, but you have to note that distinction before you pass judgment on him compared to Sion and Traya. And unlike Sion, he at least has the decency to stay down when you kill him instead of Sion, who just keeps coming back again and again. I half expected him to rise, shouting: "I am Sion - cyberdyne systems model 101. I cannot die!!!"

Talk about cliché and boring resurrection, sheesh... Sion is far worse in that department already than Nihilus could ever hope to be.

Hmm, Sion appeared to me as a bit too talkative, as if he thought himself to be the best and then had to tell everyone about it to convince them. Nihilus on the other hand doesn't even speak a known language, he's the best and everybody knows it. He was certainly a more mysterious figure, which I think made him appear more sinister and exciting. I was really annoyed when I was able to defeat him so easily (I wasn't even trying to beat him, just to see what he was like), I really wanted to see him as a more prominant figure, maybe even the main bad guy. But in a fight between Sion and Nihilus - Nihilus would win, and he wouldn't even be able to shout insults.

Nihilus lost anything that was cool about him when they started talking about his ability to destroy entire planets, being consumed by hunger, and being such a fool when you fight him.

Sion is a slave, but at least his story is more compelling, and the fight with him isn't over in five seconds.

My vote goes to Sion.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I found Sion's hatred for and dependence upon Kreia/Traya almost as intriguing as the idea of a Sith Lord who could devour whole planets. However, there is so much more interaction with Sion than Nihilus, I have to give the nod to Sleeps-With-Vibroblades.

Sorry, Jimbo Fett 66, I didn't read all the way through to find you already made the "sleeps with Vibroblades" Atton quote.

People made some good points about Sion being an easy fight, too. But there are a lot of easy fights. If you have Force crush, the game is cake, and it's still easy regardless. In K1, Bastila was a total wuss, who just came back several times (after getting owned in one round repeatedly), just like Sion. That didn't make the fight boring or very disappointing. But the Nihilus fight was a huge disappointment, because it was unjustifiably short, and he was built up way to much beforehand. That whole section of the game is about killing him and his ship, and the climax was a huge anti-climax.

At least Sion had some gimmick, and it made sense. He was being revitalized by his anger or whatever. That's way better than building up someone to be uber and then having him be a wuss, supposedly because of some weird sacrifice thing by Visas that doesn't happen if you played the game differently. With Sion, even if it wasn't hard to beat him, there was a persistence, a longevity to the fight that made it at least existent. The long walk down the bridge should not be 5 times longer than the fight itself.

Actually I prefer Malak out of both of them.

I definitely agree there. Malak was a better Star Wars villain, and much better done than these two freaks that appeared.

But I still think Sion was better of these two, even though Kreia was a way harder fight than either of them.

^^

Sweet. Thanks for posting the link.

Though I do feel it confirms my position that Nihilus is way cooler and more powerful than Sion. Even Sion realises that attacking Nihilus is pointless, since he will simply drain Sion every time. And yet Nihilus lets him leave because Sion is nothing to Nihilus :D

Hmm...well I voted for Sion but I just watched that video and well....now I've changed my mind. I think Nihilus is better but he definitely was not developed enough. He was dark and mysterious at the beginning but we barely found anything out about him. I don't think he was an actual Sith lord considering that, as Kreia said, he cared nothing about the Sith teachings. But all in all, he was still pretty cool, I just wished that they had include subtitles or something so we could understand him.

Sion is pretty cool, but he's way too attached to Kreia. It seems to me that his power of being able to, no matter how many times he gets slashed, bring himself back just makes him seem weak. If he was truly powerful, then he would be able to keep himself alive, and in the condition that his body is in, it doesn't look like he did a very good job of it.

Archived