Home

Come on, Mojo!

ThunderPeel2001

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oops you're right, I guess I never did one for the Great Cow Race. :¬:

No, you just did one for Out from Boneville seven months after it was released.

*Geez* What's with the attitude? Did I not praise you enough? Is your ego bruised? I already said I love your work, and I'm amazed that Mojo is still going so strong because I know I wouldn't have had the time or passion myself. That's why, instead of just complaining, I took the time to try and help out.

Christ, you'd think I was doing this for my health instead of trying to help a software company that you're employed by!

I think the last thing anyone wants when their server has just raped itself and they have full-time jobs to deal with is to be hassled about a banner. While your willingness to help is appreciated, you weren't helping matters by whining about the banner/site being outdated. It was irritating, and I'm sure Jake or somebody else would have put a banner up earlier if they were physically capable of doing so.

I mean, did you not notice that the entire freaking network went down just before you started this thread, consequently demanding hours upon hours of time from Matt to get things back up and running? It's still not completely as it was either, and FTP access wasn't restored to Jake pretty much until he uploaded the new banner. Data was also lost here and there all over the place.

Not to mention that Jake was pissed off that both Mojo and Unofficial Sam & Max went down the day before the game came out, and remained so for a few days. It's no surprise you've elicited a bad attitude from him — you're pushing buttons, and I'm sure you know it.

Not that he expressed a particularly bad attitude in what he posted. But you know, you should just back off a little.

Oops you're right, I guess I never did one for the Great Cow Race. :¬:

No, you just did one for Out from Boneville seven months after it was released.

*Geez* What's with the attitude?

I think it's the fact that he did do a banner for the Great Cow Race, which was put up around the time the game was released, as was the case with the Boneville banner. The Boneville banner kind of mysteriously reappeared after the server crash, but not before the Cow Race banner was up for like six months, and therefore pretty much impossible to just forget about.

Or am I just getting lost in someone's sarcasm and making a fool of myself?

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond, Thrik.

I think the last thing anyone wants when their server has just raped itself and they have full-time jobs to deal with is to be hassled about a banner. While your willingness to help is appreciated, you weren't helping matters by whining about the banner/site being outdated. It was irritating, and I'm sure Jake or somebody else would have put a banner up earlier if they were physically capable of doing so.

I mean, did you not notice that the entire freaking network went down just before you started this thread, consequently demanding hours upon hours of time from Matt to get things back up and running? It's still not completely as it was either, and FTP access wasn't restored to Jake pretty much until he uploaded the new banner. Data was also lost here and there all over the place.

Seriously, I'm not psychic and none of this was explained. In fact, none of the "higher ups" expressed any sort of "yeah, we really do need to show support for Sam & Max, but the servers totally ****ed and its eating up our time, so that's priority number one right now!". The only thing that was posted was vague rumours.

Not to mention that Jake was pissed off that both Mojo and Unofficial Sam & Max went down the day before the game came out, and remained so for a few days. It's no surprise you've elicited a bad attitude from him — you're pushing buttons, and I'm sure you know it.
Again, how could I know this and why would I deliberately push Jake's buttons?? (I've got better things to do with my time! :)) There was no ill will for my part, why on earth would there be?

I'm sorry if I "pushed people's buttons", like I say, it was in no way my intention. It doesn't make sense why I'd do that, and it certainly never crossed my mind because I didn't know there were buttons to be pushed! I had no idea that Jake was pissed about Mojo and the OS&M page going down. I had no idea he was pissed at all about anything. (In fact my own concerns about the same thing were met with a sarcastic response from him!)

Not that he expressed a particularly bad attitude in what he posted. But you know, you should just back off a little.
He did express a pretty bad attitude, and that attitude can be summed up thusly: :¬: Which, I'm sure if you asked anyone, would be synonymous with Mojo. Sometimes Mojo just comes across an one big impenetrable in-joke. If you're not in "the know" then you don't deserve a response (which is why I really appreciate you taking the time to actually explain).

I appreciate you guys were under extreme duress and again, I salute you for keeping this beast going, but none of this was explained, and if my original post didn't solicit some sort of explanation (other than vague "I think this... I imagine that...") then I don't know what else I could have done.

You've also got to think about what you're saying. I know you say that I was being irritating (again, obviously not my intention!) but would you prefer it if the readers of your site didn't care in any way? That they didn't care what state Mojo was in? That they didn't care what was posted on the site? That they didn't care about the quality of what went up? I'm sure it would be a rather pointless and unrewarding task if no-one cared. So rather than see me as being irritating, please try and understand that I only posted because I care!

Sorry for annoying you guys!

(Next time just post a two minute "Yep, you're right and we're working on it as best we can!" and it will shut me up!)

I think it's the fact that he did do a banner for the Great Cow Race, which was put up around the time the game was released, as was the case with the Boneville banner. The Boneville banner kind of mysteriously reappeared after the server crash, but not before the Cow Race banner was up for like six months, and therefore pretty much impossible to just forget about.

Or am I just getting lost in someone's sarcasm and making a fool of myself?

Argh! :( Again, I did not know this. My apologies to Jake.

Ok! Scratch that. Great big soppy apologies all round! I've just re-read the whole thread, and while it seems my enthusiasm was unmatched, I may have got a little too highly strung at the wrong people.

The higher-ups at Mojo did indeed keep us all abreast of what was going on, and although I still feel the responses were a little cold from certain people, I guess that's just me wanting my enthusiasm matched by over-worked bods.

Sorry, especially to Jake.

Archived