Home

Superman: Returns ****Spoilers - No Tags Used****

The Source

Superman: Returns ****Spoilers - No Tags Used****

I know this topic was covered a while back, but I didn't have a chance to see the movie. When it was in theaters, I had so many doubts of its success. Last night, I rented the movie and sat motionless for 154 mins.

I believe. I truly believe that a man can fly.

There is so much goodness to this movie, and it goes directly to the storyarch. All the other elements, drag the viewer into every scene. In most superhero movies, they rely too much on CGI to convey their message. Eventually, the message gets lost. 'Superman: Returns' is a well balanced movie of CGI and storyarch. You never once loose your place.

Storyarch:

Very well done from the begining to end. Kel'el is approached with an adult situation, and the writter pulls it together clean and full of emotion. At one point of the movie, the scene and score almost made me weep. What an emotional ride from begining to end.

Director/Producer

There is something very strong with Brian Singer's work, and I am glade he moved from the X-Men to Superman. If I was in charge of Star Trek, I would ditch that MI-III director/producer, and higher Brian Singer on the spot. Brian Singer pulls and pushes the actors to deliver their best, and their character's emotional struggle could be felt at the core.

Bright Future For DC-Comics and Fans

'Batman: Begins' and 'Superman: Returns' bring a beginning to a new era. Our favorite characters are finally being protrayed with emotional conflictions and everyday issues. Instead of getting a cookie-cut hero, we are given characters that have doubts, concerns, and moral issues. They are vulnerable to the same psychological obsticles that we face day by day. Gone are the days of neon lights (Batman III and IV). We have a new generation of heros to admire. Finally. DC-Comics has done somethings right.

The Ending: ***Major Spoiler***

Wow. What can I say. They couldn't have found a better ending than 'this is your son'. Even though the main characters don't end up in a lovers releationship, their hearts are beating very loudly. There is no doubt in my mind that their will be a sequel. They eas so much said between Lois and Clark, and it all rolled out in a few lines:

Lois - "Will you be coming by."

Kel'el - "Lois, I am allways nearby."

I highly anticipated it and was kinda dissappointed when I watched it in the cinema.

Since everyone here seems to really like it I won't go into detail why. Maybe it's just that I think out of all superheroes, Superman is the most boring one.

The actor who played Superman sure did a good job, but he doesn't have the charisma of a .. Hugh Jackman, or Ian McKellen. Or even that guy who played Batman.

What i really liked in Superman returns was Kevin Spaceys performance & character. :D

Out of 10 points, I'd give the movie 6-7.

Eh, it dragged at times, relied a bit too much on CGI, and required knowledge of the first two Christopher Reeve movies to fully comprehend it. It was decent, but nowhere near as good as Batman Begins.

Kevin Spacey was really good as Lex Luthor, though. He was definitely my favorite part of the whole movie.

I highly anticipated it and was kinda dissappointed when I watched it in the cinema.

Since everyone here seems to really like it I won't go into detail why. Maybe it's just that I think out of all superheroes, Superman is the most boring one.

The actor who played Superman sure did a good job, but he doesn't have the charisma of a .. ---Hugh Jackman, or Ian McKellen---. Or even that guy who played Batman.

What i really liked in Superman returns was Kevin Spaceys performance & character. :D

Out of 10 points, I'd give the movie 6-7.

There are so many versions of Lex Luther. I prefer the more sadistic-rich-obsesive-intellectual Lex from Smallvile. I still enjoyed the one that they choose, but it would have been nice to see the Smallville one.

Superman is a character that is hard to write for. How do you create a movie for a character that is impervious to everything? Very tough job to accomplish.

---Hugh Jackman, or Ian McKellen---

X-Men One and Two were very strong. Hugh Jackman and Ian McKellen were horrible in the third. I blame the producers and writers. You can have good actors and bad writting. X-Men Three was the victim of horible everything.

Superman. Hmm... Superman -Returns- was well written. The actors benifited from great directing and writting. I am hoping to see a second movie. I did like the new Superman actor. I hope he will put a little bit of himself into the next film.

There are so many versions of Lex Luther. I prefer the more sadistic-rich-obsesive-intellectual Lex from Smallvile. I still enjoyed the one that they choose, but it would have been nice to see the Smallville one.

Superman is a character that is hard to write for. How do you create a movie for a character that is impervious to everything? Very tough job to accomplish.

---Hugh Jackman, or Ian McKellen---

X-Men One and Two were very strong. Hugh Jackman and Ian McKellen were horrible in the third. I blame the producers and writers. You can have good actors and bad writting. X-Men Three was the victim of horible everything.

Superman. Hmm... Superman -Returns- was well written. The actors benifited from great directing and writting. I am hoping to see a second movie. I did like the new Superman actor. I hope he will put a little bit of himself into the next film.

Do you know Bill's "Superman speech" in killbill2? I think that's problem with superman...

Imo, Jackman and McKellen were not horrible, in fact they were good in x3. The plot kinda sucked, but i still think those actors did a good job, especially McKellen.

I consider myself the consummate Smallville fan and I was very skeptical of the movie (you can tell that from my avatar and location). However, I was pleasantly surprised by the whole thing! I thought it absolutely kicked @$$. Would I have rather they waited for Smallville to run its course and become a cinema sensation in the vein of Star Trek....well HELL YEAH! I really want to see Tom Welling portraying Superman after many years of mild-mannered Clark Kent. But Routh did a great job and I hope to see more Superman movies in the coming years.

As for Jackman and McKellen sucking in X3, I don't think so. I also don't understand why people didn't like that movie (that is unless you are a die-hard fan of the comics and can't think outside the box for a movie adaptation).

Archived