Home

The One Year Thread 2007: XWA's Celibatic Boogaloo

Rogue Nine

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

work was lame yesterday. almost to the point of a walk-out. the damn printer is still acting up, tech probably won't be in til next year to fix the paper jam issue. (i'm sure it's the stupid replenisher pumps like last time, checked the input check and it showed up failing all over) it just reeally sucks, nobody understands and when we explain, they outright refuse to understand why, and that takes up time that could be better used to fix the problem. wish we had a thing like pharmacy does and we could just close the blinds and put a 'closed' sign out. i want to call off work, but i need the money. i'll most likely be closing by myself...on a friday, prior to a 'holiday weekend' no less, where i close both of those days. on the bright side, in less than a week the madness will have subsided.

Aside from work, i've been bored. pretty much doing nothing besides playing Double Agent and Call of Duty 4, I'm just getting so bored and there's nobody to hang out with besides my parents. i have new year's eve off, that's cool, but there's nobody to spend it with. I try hard not to be depressed. Glad i didn't do any resolutions this year. next year will be better.

Last day at work until Jan. 2nd! wOOt!

It was a good day, too. Hung the new P.A. in the small hall, and set it up, and did a quickie rough and dirrrrty EQ'ing on it,.. and it sounds f'ing GREAT! So much better than what was there anyhow.

Had lunch with a bunch of people at Legal Seafoods. Nice. Expensive,.. but nice.

Something has changed in me... this is the first time I can remember not looking forward to this extended break because I'm going to miss being around my co-workers.

This is very, very new, and even more unexpected.

Last year I couldn't wait to get the hell away from them all and not see them for a while... now I've been making plans to try to get together and hang out over our time off.

Wow.

I must be becoming human or something. Never saw this coming!

Meeting up with my buddy from the bus tomorrow afternoon. Should be a blast. Sunday with the family (they can't all be around Christmas day.) Monday off from running around, (hopefully...) and maybe Tuesday with a smaller family gathering.

After that: I have to tackle house projects... but I'll be getting the 360 sometime next week after the holiday. And at least one day in there I'm planning to visit one of the guys I work with every day... as crazy as that sounds.

Again: Wow.

Who the hell am I,.. and what have I done with ed??

Yeah, it was the last day of the year for me too. I kind of feel bad about it, though. There's some stuff I really wanted to have done before the break, but I didn't get it done. I need to ask some people a few questions in order to finish it, so I can't work on it. This is going to bother me through the whole thing...I definately should have had this done.

yessss good on the xbox 360!!! get call of duty 4. it kicks ass!!!!!!! hard to get used to it at first, but once you got your **** together, it's really good. it's probably the best multiplayer game on live right now.

work was ok today.....went in a bit pissed because Fuji refused to send out a technician because we couldn't pinpoint the problem...lame. after 10 minutes the anger subsided and it was a much better day than yesterday, not as many pissed off people for a friday. sold a bunch of cameras, which was fun. one thing i like about my job is variety. time flew by as well, we had plenty of people working, the whole crew was there. good stuff.

got the venison out to my friend for his birthday (a day late...o well) came home and rocked call of duty 4 for a few hours. I've got more shopping to do tomorrow morning...gotta shop for my mom, sister and i are going in on a flatscreen monitor, and i gotta get something for my landlords something as well as my landlord's son. probably get him ebgames or gamestop gift card, i know he's into games but don't know what one he has/hasn't. easier that way. not sure what i want to get for my landlord and his wife though.

I'm closing xmas eve, then going downstairs to have xmas eve supper w/my landlord, his wife, son, wife's son, and my parents. on xmas day, going over to my parents' and opening present and eating, probably watch a ton of movies and play some games after the openings.

Yeah, it should be fun.

I'm going to have to cut back on the caffeine in next week... after I get through the next couple of days. Need to catch up on sleep.

I may not go totally cold-turkey this time though... I do want to stay productive, and have no particular desire to live through all those harsh withdrawal symptoms again.

For the few of you who are not on my Myspace Bulletin List: here's some Youtube vids of proggish seasonal offerings from Ian Anderson and crew I've come across in the last couple of weeks.

"A Christmas Song"

"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"

"Solstice Bells"

Thought some of you might find them interesting.

worked 30 minutes over my schedule today. technician was in and put a quick-fix on the printer til we get more parts in, at least today went by quick. well kinda...woke up at 6:30am, went shopping at around 8, got back at around 12:30pm, got ready and went to work...not much bitch left in the customers lately. lol though, we will have bitches tomorrow and monday, we ran out of over 4 of our top-selling cameras....the Kodak C513, Nikon L12, Sanyo Esomething-Z90, HP M547, and almost out of the top-selling camcorders.

it's getting to the point of looking out at the camera bar and seeing someone looking at the camera we don't got....and just being like 'ughhhhhhhhhhghghghghghghg'.

checked kmarts prices on my lunch break....they obviously don't bother comping walmart.

now im not sure if i should sleep or stay up a few more hours. -_-

Game was on at the pre-Xmas family gathering I was at today.

Can't believe we gave away one TD and threw away a perfect shutout. :mad:

Oh well... a win is a win. Doesn't have to be pretty to go in the "W" column.

:joy:

Got a couple of good items of booty,.. some decent swag from the swap:

A 7-cup fast heating, cordless electric tea kettle. This will come in very handy. (Oddly enough, this is exactly what I wanted,.. and also coincidentally, it just happens to be exactly I brought to the swap. Convenient, no? :D )

I also managed to snag a cordless digital outdoor/ indoor thermometer. I've wanted one of these for a while. Sweet!

As for the rest of it: It was a jolly ol' time. I ate too much food and dessert. Drank too much soda. Got jumped on by the kids too much.

Think I need to lat down somewhere quiet, and maybe do some reading for the rest of the night.

I'll be taking it pretty easy tomorrow too. Between the last couple days of parties, lunches, get togethers, and whatnot... I've really haven't taken it easy all week.

Exhausted. Blah.

WAIT!!! I almost forgot the best gift of all that I got this season: A frikken' Death Star Pez Dispenser!!!

How amazingly awesome is that?!??

:joy:

Things to do today:

Sleep. (This is #1. All else can wait.)

Re-String Strat.

Put new shower curtain up.

Copy CDs for mom.

Not leave house at all, under ANY circumstances!! Avoid last-minute shopping psychopaths at all costs! :D

Maybe I'll order some food for delivery to just make sure of that...

WAIT!!! I almost forgot the best gift of all that I got this season: A frikken' Death Star Pez Dispenser!!!

How amazingly awesome is that?!??

"Now witness the firepower of this fully loaded and operational battle station."

*flips DS top*

Mmmm... cherry

LANDO

That Pez came from the Death Star! That thing's operational! (into comlink) Home One,this is Gold Leader.

ACKBAR

We saw it. All craft prepare to retreat.

LANDO

You won't get another chance at this,

Admiral.

ACKBAR

We have no choice, General Calrissian. Our

cruisers can't repel sweetness of that

magnitude.

yesterday was good. worked another 30 minutes overtime. people were better yesterday than days before. today better be good. played Double Agent when i got home last night, then i decided to download freakin UNO...ended up staying up til 3am playing that. -_- all my shopping is done....now i gotta go in 12:30-6 (originally scheduled 1-5, but since they fired that one person, i volunteered to come in early/stay later...doesn't matter to me, it'll be fun watching people run around trying to find stuff we've been out of for 2 days. :joy: especially at 6pm when the whole store closes down and the managers break out the cattle prods. (i can dream can't i?)

Well, I've got the big night with the church choir tonight. Masses at 9:30 and 11:30. I'm playing the violin, and we have another violin, 2 trumpets, and 2 trombones, plus the piano and the choir. I wonder if anyone will ever hear me over all that? And then I've got to learn all those pieces all over again on the piano to play for Mass tomorrow morning!

wasn't too busy at work. probably cause last year christmas eve fell on a sunday and year before it fell on a saturday. made over 13,000 dollars in sales yesterday, my dept mgr said it's the first time we hit double digits since she's worked there. we were really slow today and the time went by so slow. sold a camera to this hot chick, should have aksed her out. o well.

I despised the Christmas season the brief time I worked in retail. The managers used to get on the intercom and tell us what our sales were that day. It always bugged me to think how very little of all that profit was being funneled towards my just-above-minimum-wage pay for busting my ass all day.

I did occasionally help people out to thier cars with larger packages,.. which almost always resulted in tips. Sometimes very good ones!

So it wasn't all bad.

Spent most of the day so far sleeping on and off. Which was exactly my plan. Feeling better already. That,.. and drinking a LOT of water. I think all my running about over the last couple of days had left me a bit dehydrated.

Didn't tackle much of the other stuff on my list yet, so far... but that's OK: I have all of next week to worry about that.

Think I'll put on a good CD right now and go read a bit.

Chilling out feels real nice. I had almost forgotten.

christmas party was good. everybody loved what i got them. :D My landlord's got me a NICE norelco mini shaver/hair clipper/beard & moustache trimmer/nose, eat, & eyebrow trimmer/precision trimmer thing and a nice blue hoodie in a color that is walmart approved. (meaning i can wear it to work w/o having to worry about it being the wrong color) My landlord's wife's son got me a nice big mug with a few bags of hot chocolate, just the right size for me, extra large. :joy:

I got my landlords a $25 gift cert to cracker barrel, i got my landlord's son a Halo 3 calendar, and landlord's wife's son a Soccer calendar.

Can't wait til tomorrow to see my parents and sister's reactions to what i got each of them. :) I'm holding off for a day or so on shaving this hair off. it's nice that i won't be paying $10 for 30 seconds of hair shaving anymore.

ate way too much...had ham, turkey, sausage & sauerkraut, cream puff, crackers and cheese and dip. stuffed. hopefully i have an appetite tomorrow. :)

Good morning!

Roughly 2047 something years ago, there was this kid. He was born in a shanty neighborhood, to pretty poor parents, and was given random stuff by some strangers who said the kid was the son of God.

Fasting forward a bit, conveniently skipping the teenage rebel years to which he rode around on a motorbike with the Hells Angels, this now young man realized that people suck, and the only way to get them to stop sucking is to try to get them to understand that you need faith, and to be a decent human to your fellow man, even if that fellow man is a jackass.

"Do we give money?"

"No," said this man.

"Do we worship this God?"

".... Yeah... just like... don't end up like them crazy ass Romans. Believe, and have faith more than anything."

"What do we do about the Romans?"

"Let Rome... take care of Rome."

And so this dude walked, talked with a buncha dudes, and got a small posse of bad ass mother ****ers to watch his back. Except one dude, who turned this awesome normal guy with GREAT ideas to the Romans, who nailed him to a cross.

The betrayer was teabaged and stripped naked at the next kegger, with pictures taken and put up on Youtube.com

ANYWAY, This dude, his name was Jesus Christ, the son God, he who died for our sinful ways. If you believe the Bible and the Christian and Roman Catholic Church and interpretation of a document written by a buncha old white dudes.

This year, reflect on what this man's message ment. To be a decent human, to be kind to your neighbors, and to have honesty, integrity, and good will toward your fellow human.

But most of all, I think, is his message of faith. No matter what you believe, Muslim, Jewish, Christian, Catholic, Agnostic, Athiest, Taoist, Confucianist, or Hindi, is to have FAITH in a higher power, and to believe.

Forget the pomp and circumstance of the church, of the mosque or the temple. Forget the Holy Bible, the Quaran, the Torah, or the writings of the Eastern men. Forget the expensive and ornate buildings our religious leaders house themselves in. Forget the Holy Wars in the name of God, or the religious conflicts.

No matter who you are, what you believe in, remember we all, in the end, have one common belief.

That if (And there might be, probably is) there is a God, he doesn't care what religion you belong to. The only question asked on the way to any Heaven will be only this....

"Did you believe?"

Not "Are you a Muslim?" or, "Are you Christian?" Nope. All they want to know, and I think all Jesus wanted was you to have faith, no matter what.

And not to be a jack ass.

.............. I think I need to work on that last part.... Just a little bit. ;)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Spent the day with the family again. A smaller group this time. No gifts exchanged. It was nice. I liked it better.

My cousin bought her hubby a PS3! I'm actually a bit jealous. It's pretty nice. (Still don't think I'll get one, but it's looks and sounds fantastic!)

Spent most of the afternoon getting horribly shown up by my 15 year old 2nd cousin at Motorstorm. :rolleyes:

No plans for tomorrow yet. Still don't think I'll brave the stores yet for that XBox (returns day tomorrow, after all...) Maybe Thurs. or Fri...

Perhaps I'll tackle a few more of the things on that list I typed out a couple of days ago. Maybe. It could just be another 'chill-out' day. I could still stand a bit more of that.

Need to get my eating and H2O consumption back to normal after the last week of feasting and party food. Kinda feel like crap. Maybe I'll go decaf again, and spend the day recuperating.

So... what did everybody get?

Archived