Home

The One Year Thread 2007: XWA's Celibatic Boogaloo

Rogue Nine

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been painting walls over the whole weekend, together with my upcoming cold or whatever, because on Friday we're getting rid of that old flat. AND OF COURSE, there wasn't enough paint, forcing me do buy another bucket of white paint, just for 1 little wall. :¬: Apropos. When I was young, I was a graffiti writer, and let me tell you, when there is something I fail blatantly at, it is to paint a wall or ceiling white, without any stripes or irregularities left :dozey:

However, on a more brighter note, Friday evening I went to the cinema and watched Death Proof. THIS, Ladies and Gentlemen, was for the first time in years that a movie actually made me forget time. I saw a lot of good movies, and thought they were good (and they were mostly), but this Tarantino is just awesome.

*Claps dust off hands*

The distasteful task is done... :rolleyes:

:joy:

You never answered me on the guitar question, by the way.

I have a burning, pressing need to know what you think is a nice guitar... ;)

ty :D

anyway, the guitar will have to wait, i wanted to mention that with my expenditures in the last few months left me leaving myself to pay off some bills. so... :ball:

Yeah,.. but what do you have in mind when the money comes? Something specific... or are you gonna start looking once you have the budget?

Seems like there's a few folks around these parts now who can give you some recommendations. ;)

Hell, a few of us might be willing to unload a few items from our collections...

Hee hee hee!

Just channeling my inner bounty hunter. :D No one can hide from me on the Net! Beware, I am a Web Denizen! This is my domain!

Actually, it's called: "Importing your AIM buddy list." ;)

Got Reddy and Nute caught up in that net as well. See if they take the bait...

Hey, did I mention a cold? Forget that. I should have mentioned that on Sunday morning two of my teeth were behaving somewhat strange. Today, probably around 1230pm I noticed that strange somehow moved on to feels not good at all and about one hour later went on to almost really painful. So at 0330pm I went to a dentist and it turned out that these said teeth, were I had the nerves removed 15 years ago after a police officer gave me a face punch, thus destroying 4 years of former oral surgery, decided to get all root channel cankerous for no apparent reason. :rolleyes:

However, now it's almost all good again.

Hm.

Yeah,.. but what do you have in mind when the money comes? Something specific... or are you gonna start looking once you have the budget?

Seems like there's a few folks around these parts now who can give you some recommendations. ;)

Hell, a few of us might be willing to unload a few items from our collections...

i was going to go with someone from my ship :)

the idea was is that i go to the shop, and i let it hit me like love at first sight :D

i was going to go with someone from my ship :)

the idea was is that i go to the shop, and i let it hit me like love at first sight :D

Heh... Well,.. that's a plan.

A dangerous one... but a plan nonetheless.

You will inevitably fall in love with not only the most expensive instrument in the store... but the most expensive thing of any type for a 900-mile radius.

Trust me,.. that's how it works with these things.

I've been there. Way too damn many times to recount. :rolleyes:

Tonight's show: Very good, all-around. Great musicians playing at controlled levels. Ended early. No attitudes. I even liked the music.

Early morning tomorrow, though. Bleah. Have to report to work by 8. Heeeyyyy... that's gonna suck. :dozey:

You will inevitably fall in love with not only the most expensive instrument in the store... but the most expensive thing of any type for a 900-mile radius.

So damn true... I fell hard for a '52(RI) Telecaster at one of the local shops. I was tempted to sell my body on a street corner to come up with the $2200 CAD they were asking for it, but I was already in enough trouble with the wife for going out to buy strings and coming home with a Strat a few weeks earlier, so I decided it was best if the '52 and I stopped seeing each other.

Well it has been too long since I've been by to post in this thread here....

Basically, the goals I set for myself at the start of the year have come true. I've been keeping up with a 3 day per week workout schedule [which some said would be tough because I don't have any workout partners]. It makes me feel good to know I've been able to stick with something that I never had to do in the first place. Now if I could apply the same thing to something that I actually have to do....man I could move mountains lol.

But now the summer is almost over [here in Washington at least lol] and I find myself questioning my career choice. I may even go back to school and get another degree....i'm single, no kids, so now might be the time to do it if it is what I want.......oh the choices....

Heh... Well,.. that's a plan.

A dangerous one... but a plan nonetheless.

I've been there. Way too damn many times to recount. :rolleyes:

Well thats why I plan on going with someone who can help me on the subject.

besides, If i fell in love with a hooker, and then found out that she's too much for my wallet, there'll be no love from me :p

Job interview on friday, i hope to god i can get out of fast food.

8-4 desk job, something more that i think i need to keep what little sanity i have left.

got some practice throwing the football and running around the field today, because the crew at west want me to QB at thier crew outing.

I have never had this much pain in my legs in a very very very long time. It hurts to MOVE. It hurts to THINK ABOUT moving.

OWwwwwwwwwwwwwww......................

Scar: Do what I did; check out some of the starter guitars online at like Guitar Center (Commercial Wh***s) or somesuch and go from there. I spent 300 on my current rig and axe, and only that when i started just incase i said screw it. Obviously, after the living situation is sorted out, I'll be saving for some better gearz.

and possibly a strat.

Eh. It's 5:30 am. Holy ****.

So... The other night one of my crew went and got himself fired. He was working the stage-door security detail at the time. A friend of his who owed him money showed up at the back door, and apparently gave him what he had on him... which, apparently, wasn't the full amount.

This led to an argument.

Which led to blows.

Which led to the college's campus security forces getting called in.

Which led to termination.

Awesome.

It really doesn't matter... but the amount of money we are talking about here was ridiculous. The friend apparently owed my guy something like $2.70. That's two-dollars-and-seventy-cents. He could pay back 2 dollars of that, but he didn't have the change on him at the moment.

70 cents. Yeah.

Honestly, I don't understand the whole situation... but by all reports that's the crux of it.

All I know is that we can't have our employees involved in fist-fights while on the call... and especially not the guy in charge of building security for us, who's gig it is to make sure that these sorts of things aren't going on.

But disciplining and terminating people is never a fun, pleasant experience.

Of course, this incident has raised a lot of discussion with all the managers in my department about other people who work for us who may eventually need to be disciplined, as well as all the procedures in place to deal with infractions, and if the system is completely fair.

*Sigh*

A lot of crap I really never wanted to deal with. Pain in the ass...

Some of the other craziness in my life over the last couple of days stems from random interactions with people... mostly of the female persuasion.

The weirdest one I had was walking to Park St. station from work the other day. A couple of young and very cute girls were walking towards me across the Public Gardens. Suddenly, just as they were passing me, they stopped and one of them asked me a question.

As I was in the middle of a daydream that involved mentally undressing the pair of them it took me by surprise, and I had to gather myself up and say "Excuse me?" as I really wasn't paying attention at that point.

The girl who had originally asked the question seemed suddenly embarrassed and said "never-mind..." and started to walk away.

He friend repeated the query for me, however:

"Do you know which gay bars are open tonight?"

Err...

A number of possible responses jump into my head at this moment... most involving the fact that some-body's "Gaydar" needs to be seriously calibrated. :dozey:

Doubly ironic if these girls just happen to be gay themselves. (And of course, the very idea of this is leading the daydreams in my head into all new territory at this point...)

But suffice it to say: No self-respecting gay man would ever been caught looking like I did at that very moment... not even when he has to scrub the bathroom floor behind the toilet.

I am a slob at my best moments. And I was dressed nowhere near my best at that particular second...

Not to mention the fact that I was just checking the pair of them out from head-to-toe less than 5 seconds ago. That's usually a dead giveaway...

There's also the fact that (A.) not being a Boston resident, and (B.) also not someone who EVER goes into a bar, I simply have no idea what time ANY bar stays open until. Gay or not...

I think what I managed to fumble out was something like: "You are really askin' the wrong guy. I'm sure I have no idea. Sorry..."

Which, hopefully, summed up all the previous concepts into a single succinct package.

The whole exchange left my head spinning, though.

The other bizarre exchange I had was with a female co-worker the other night.

I came out to the lobby to say that the stage was now clear and the house could be opened any time.

This lead to another casual, somewhat silly conversation with the woman acting as house-manager that night.

She was talking about something, when she stopped mid-sentence and said: "Oh my God! I think I have spinach in my teeth! Do I have spinach in my teeth?"

"Errr..." Me,.. being the utter doofus male I am, who wasn't even looking directly at her before she made this proclamation, decide at this point, to, oh, I don't know... try to be helpful, and actually look to see if this was indeed the case. (Because, you know,.. if one of my male friends asks me if he has something stuck between his teeth, it's because he actually wants me to check it out for him. At which point, he'll actually bare his teeth, letting me get a good look. "Naw man... you're cool!")

Of course, this was exactly NOT what she wanted me to do. She immediately covered her mouth with her hand, and started quickly backing up, making a reverse bee-line towards the ladies-room, in a "Please don't look at me, I'm hideous!" type display.

Now... I guess I should be flattered in a way... but, lordy, has she ever got me pegged wrong!

I probably should take it as a compliment that someone could actually believe I have the powers of observation enough to even notice that they might have food between their teeth... or the ability to even care if I did.

(But honestly,.. shy of say, an entire head of cabbage hanging out of one side of her mouth... I would probably never pick up on something like that...)

And, like I said, I am the world's biggest slob. For all I know, I have spinach between my teeth this very moment... and I haven't eaten spinach in months. :dozey:

It's really hard for me to judge others on their appearance.

I was a bit dazed when it dawned on me that someone could actually still feel the slightest bit self-conscious in my presence.

The whole thing left me baffled and bewildered. Not the reactions I am commonly used to getting, I guess...

I was left walking away with the feeling that: "Something just happened here... but I simply don't understand what it was."

Rwarrrr. You're a rockin' machine, ed. :p

However, apropos lurrrrve. The other day I saw a documentation about that tunnel they dug through Boston. I slept in and woke up 4 hours later, but it was interesting nonetheless.

I do not remember anything more but Boston, tunnel, the Boston tea party port and err.. how they dug through a river and that each tunnel segment the put in that river weighted 33000 tons, and the last part was 1.20 m too short.

Oh yeah... the Big Dig. My Tax dollars at work. :dozey:

That's some scary ****. Engineering miracle... except it's less than 5 years old, and it's falling apart and killing people now.

Of course, I did know one of the safety inspectors on the project.

He was a guy that I never knew drank... until the one day I actually caught him while he was sober. :dozey:

That might have something to do with it.

In other news:

The guitar player from Slipknot is doing a clinic today.

Oh yeah,.. that will be fun. :indif:

well what did i tell you all? i make a little extra $$$ and i start getting car troubles. I pull out of driveway to go pick up my check STALL......turn engine off, wait a sec, turn it back on, put in drive....STALL...turn engine off, get a bloody fist cause my throat it too sore to scream...turn engine on, put it in overdrive, and fly down the road. Apparantly regular drive isn't good enough or something. I get to walmart and checked the transmission fluid, that is good, oil just changed 2 weeks ago, brake fluid is holding for now, I had a new battery installed about 2 months ago and checked it when i had my oil changed... so i have absolutely no damn idea what it is. -_- oh and i spilled my pepsi all over my seat so i have a pepsi-wet ass now.

FYI you should use overdrive at all times except when towing or trying to get unstuck.

does sound fishy however, you sure it was all the way in gear? older automatic vehicles, the 'shifter' gets really worn and will easily sit between gears casuing all sorts of wierd problems, my old truck does it all the time

Archived