Home

The One Year Thread 2007: XWA's Celibatic Boogaloo

Rogue Nine

Slipknot clinic fell through, last minute. Oh, what a damn shame. I could cry a river. :dozey:

2nd funny thing about today at work:

Jazz guitarist playing tonight. His name is David Gilmoure. Absolutely NO relation to the Pink Floyd guy. Name isn't even spelled the same. Stylistically not even close...

So the local free Metro daily rag they hand out to everyone as they get on the subway in the morning has a blurb in the entertainment section about: Pink Floyd guitarist plays free clinic at local music college!

Oh, crap.

Glad I'm not working tonight.

As I was leaving EVERY window at the front of the building was festooned with several different notices, all disclaimers about how this is REALLY not the guy you think it is!

Hilarious to see!

I'm sure it will do little good.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FYI you should use overdrive at all times except when towing or trying to get unstuck.

does sound fishy however, you sure it was all the way in gear? older automatic vehicles, the 'shifter' gets really worn and will easily sit between gears casuing all sorts of wierd problems, my old truck does it all the time

didn't know that about overdrive all the time. umm the weird thing is, after i pulled out of driveway it like 'locked up' the lights, wheel, brakes, everything went dead. it was as i was hit by an ion cannon. I think you are right about the shifter sitting between gears, cause i do recall hearing a 'click' sound every once in a while (the gear shift even moved a little) while driving w/o being in overdrive. hopefully it won't be a problem getting it inspected in october.

You know you spend too much time on the internet when your first interpretation of Zarg's last sentence has nothing to do with cars... :rolleyes:

:joy:

Yesterday:

Ugh. What is there to say? 15 bands in a row full of 4-or-more high-school guitar players destroying jazz standards or instrumental classic rock tunes at ear-shattering volumes.

I bet you all wish you could have been there, don't'cha?

The heat is back. Fun, fun.

Herbie Hancock today. Should be good. Well,.. easy, anyway...

My parents just bought a used VW jetta (I like to call it the Jetta Knight) and with its automatic transmission it had what seemed to be lugging when you accelerated out of a stop. Too it to our local mechanic and the only prob was the transmission fluid was overfilled. Drained a little bit out and it was fine

As a side note, I just finished working a 55 hour work week.

Hmmm... bummer.

If it makes you feel better, my weekend sucked pretty hard too, and now I'm sorta depressed.

Work was all-right yesterday, (just a really long day...) but today has been a big-ball of boredom and nothing-going-on-ness.

So,.. can anybody tell me: When does life get to the really exciting, fun part? :dozey: And can somebody with the remote fast-forward to that point for me?

Thanks. That'd be great.

I went sailing tonight out on a J-29 for a sunset cruise on Lake Mendota . Wonderful sailing weather after the flooding and rain we had. Just as the sun was setting the near full moon came up on the other side, and there was a building on the shore that lit up from the reflected light from the sunset. it looked like it was on fire and was incredibly bright.

Also saw a double masted sailboat sailing (very unique to the lake I was on) and there was plenty of good food and beer on board to make it a wonderful experience with some great people.

So,.. can anybody tell me: When does life get to the really exciting, fun part? :dozey: And can somebody with the remote fast-forward to that point for me?

Thanks. That'd be great.

It doesn't happen by itself. And it can happen multiple times. For me it was when I was having sex like a love sick otter with a gorgeous woman all night long. My groinal area was sore for days and i had a grin on my face that lasted a week

Yeah... well, that's probably wayyyy too much to expect in my case this late in the game. :dozey:

Honestly,.. I'd probably be almost as happy if somebody called me up out of the blue once in a while, just to see how I'm doing, at this point.

There are times it feels to me like if I died in my house on a weekend... nobody would notice or care until I didn't show up for work.

And then they'd only care because of the hassle it would create in trying to cover my shifts...

Today was one of those days.

Well, hey. Thanks. :)

I hate when I get like that... but it happens time-to-time.

Probably has to do with the fact that I only had one day off this week, and had to spend it running errands and doing chores rather than anything fun or pleasant or interesting. Tends to get me down. Makes me feel like I was working 7 days this week, rather than just 6. Like I never get any time off...

Add that to the fact that I when I do manage to find some time off, it's usually so few and far between that everybody I know will have already have made plans. So even if I didn't have to cram a week's worth of housework and grocery shopping into a single day, I'm still sure I would have been stuck here alone, anyways.

I had trouble sleeping last night too. Can't blame roommates, though. Mind racing... and couldn't get comfortable. Either room too warm,.. or the AC was blowing too cold. Never found the Goldilocks zone...

Extended departmental business lunch at work today. Fancy restaurant. Good food. Drank about a gallon of iced-tea though... and now I am WIRED!!! Never get to sleep tonight.

It was kind of a "Thanks for a great year"/ business-meeting lunch.

We continued the meeting afterwards, and hashed out a lot of stuff and policy clarifications. This went on for hours... but unlike most of the meetings I have attended at work, this one actually felt productive.

So all-in-all, I felt like it was a good day.

Archived