Home

anakin?

darth kav

I don't think that Anakin would've made a different choice if Qui-Gon was alive.

If he betrayed Obi-Wan so easily he would have done the same thing to Qui-Gon.

Without Palpatine? Hmm, tough question. I'd say that Palpy was a big influence in his decision to join the Dark side.

Well, I think Qui Gon would have done things quite differently.

Whilst Obi is like a big brother to him, Qui Gon would be the father he never had. In a way his family would be completed.

It would also note that Qui Gon may have done something about his mom before sheep hits the fence with his non standard protocol, and that he would have opposed to using Anakin a spy ant tht he would have...

Well, too many would haves, but from what I see at least Anakin would not be around Palpy as often as Qui Gon tend to go "blown like a falling leaf" by the force quite oftern and travel around, getting Anakin a lot further from the bulk of Republic Politics.

The driving force behind Anakin's actions? Padme. He had visions of his mother that sent him back to Tattoine, he discovered her fate and slaughtered all the Sand People there. After falling deeply in love with Padme he has similar visions, and Palpatine says the only way to save her is the way he tries to. So basically, as I understand it, Anakin could have lost Padme or follow through with his actions and lose her just the same.

would of anakin join the dark side is qui gon jin was still alive i think he wouldn't of.what do you think?

No, I think Qui-Gon would've kept Anakin on the path of the light, but love is a very strong emotion, Anakin's love for Padme' was extreme, Qui-Gon's would've had a very hard time, but I think it would've probably worked, with his wisdom and guidance.

Qui-Gon's very short experience with love like, the love he had for a Jedi Master called Tahl, that lead him very close to collecting a enough darkside points in the path toward the darkside, because of her death.

Also with Qui-Gon's live for the moment attitude and adventurous behavior, I think him and Anakin will had related quite well with those aspects and also Qui-Gon's defiance, and rebellious nature, that will probably would have had help him to keep Anakin on the path of the light.

A person is responsible for his own actions. True, Anakin was influenced by Palpatine, but he was not forced to join the Sith- he chose it. His love for Padme was too strong, and he would've done anything to save her.

What makes you think that Qui-Gon would even know that Anakin was going to the dark side? No one else knew until it happened, and even then, only Yoda knew. And even if Qui-Gon knew beforehand, no matter how much he tried, Anakin would still have turned. His love for Padme was simply too strong, and the ability to save her from her imminent "death" was to tempting to ignore.

Also, Palpatine's lies about the Jedi wanting control of the Republic would just foster suspicion in Anakin and probably make him trust Qui-Gon less.

No, I think Qui-Gon would've kept Anakin on the path of the light, but love is a very strong emotion, Anakin's love for Padme' was extreme, Qui-Gon's would've had a very hard time, but I think it would've probably worked, with his wisdom and guidance.

Qui-Gon's very short experience with love like, the love he had for a Jedi Master called Tahl, that lead him very close to collecting a enough darkside points in the path toward the darkside, because of her death.

Also with Qui-Gon's live for the moment attitude and adventurous behavior, I think him and Anakin will had related quite well with those aspects and also Qui-Gon's defiance, and rebellious nature, that will probably would have had help him to keep Anakin on the path of the light.

Yeah, I agree with windu here.

Well, ObiWan have Siri also...

But fact being, QuiGon may have better luck with Anakin cause:

1) He is better, at least in the eyes of Anakin

2) He would get help from both ObiWan AND QuiGon.

3) Wouldn't be surprised if QuiGon would go back and set Ani's mom free one way or another, he is not that anise about rules and codes.

4) He would have less time hanging around Palpy, and that helps alot.

5) QuiGon would have protected Ani from being a tool of both sides, at least he would have stopped the Council from using Anakin one way or another. That would give Ani more hope on the Order.

A person is responsible for his own actions. True, Anakin was influenced by Palpatine, but he was not forced to join the Sith- he chose it. His love for Padme was too strong, and he would've done anything to save her.

Without Palpy, turning to the dark side wouldn't have been an option. Anakin wasn't happy with the jedi order but only became sith bcause he thought in doing so he could save his gf.

Ironically without Palpy's influence he may never have experienced the visions of Padme at all.

Not that I know of... but an interesting idea...

Well, somehow I think Qui Gon would expact Anakin and Padme to get it on when they meet, and I don't think Qui Gon would actively stop it either. So maybe Anakin would ask Qui/Obi for help on the matter, and they would try to stop it from happening, or so they think.

Well wether it happens or not is not the matter, if Anakin can stay jedi before Padme goes belly up then the urge to evolve to sith is not that big.

Doh!! your always ahead of me EagerWeasel, whenever i make a mistake and forget somthing you correct me :) also perhaps Anakin becoming Vader was really the only way to destroy the Sith in the end...he may have been killed if he didn't turn, and Luke would may have been killed by Palpatine...think of all the amazing posibilities.

Qui Gon being there probably could have helped Anakin quite a bit, him being much older than Ani (compared with Obi-wan vs. Anakin), being wiser (IMO, like he sensed Ani was the chosen one, his knowledge of becoming of force ghost, etc) would have deepened Ani's trust for his master. Plus I feel that Qui Gon is more "liberal" than Obi is, making him a more suitable master for someone like Ani. Anakin's lack of trust for his master, other than his love for Padme, is in my opinion another major factor why he turned to the dark side.

Anakin could have lost Padme or follow through with his actions and lose her just the same.

Actually, if Anakin was to follow the light side, Padme wouldn't of died. The only reason why she did die was because she lost the will to live (obviously, because Anakin turned). So she was never going to die from child labor from the start, basically, Anakin killed Padme in a way.

But back to the subject:

If Qui Gon Jinn was still alive, I don't think things would've came out much different. Palpatine would still turn Anakin, and Qui Gon Jinn would most likely die with all of the other Jedi who have been betrayed by the clones.

Archived