Home

Petition for an Expansion

Rockstar

Would you like to see an expansion for KOTOR 2 to expand the game and further content  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see an expansion for KOTOR 2 to expand the game and further content

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

I have a better idea! We should have an entire division of Obsidian be created to go and make "expansions" to K2! These expansions could be free, to encourge people to buy the PC verison. All of these expansions would enhance gameplay, like diffcuility enhancments, skin changes, even a few dialouge additions. People can send a message to this division asking for an expansion, and then the developers would then make the expansions and then upload it onto a site where the expansions are easy to get!

This division could have a name...Holowan Labs! Oh wait. :lol:

There are actually more side-quests to do in TSL. Anyway who cares? Side-quests have nothing to do with the plot.

Like...?

I refer to actual side-quests, as in quests which do not relate back to the main story. I can think of maybe three/four. One a planet at most, at least two of which don't work.

Bulldust. Apart from the Disciple, TSL party members back stories were as interesting as what they were in KotOR.

Oh, yes, like the oh-so-detailed background we get to Atton, you mean? Or the wondrously in-depth explanation of the Handmaiden's past? The fantastically well put-together explanation of Mira's origins?

So what? They weren’t needed.

Well none of the game is needed. It's a fairly aimless waste of time. But, much like the more detailed backstory-cum-sidequests, it's fun and a good distraction.

And it also adds a level of immersion lacking from K2.

Umm…WTF?

Your articulation astounds me.

Darth InSidious, this response is pure flame bait and will not be tolerated, address the topic not the other poster. Safer that way. Thanks. -RH

Whatever. Unfortunately ambiguous plots and characters aren’t that popular. While ambiguity can be a bad thing, TSL is done in a good ambiguous way, apart from what, the cut content? Looking at the plot as originally intended by Avellone, not from what we got, TSL is awesome. It's awesome regardless actually.

I disagree. Nothing is clear, Kreia damns you no matter what you do, stuff happens seemingly at random and usually without any clear progression (leading to wandering aimlessly around Nar Shadaa, for example...).

This is why TSL isn’t as popular as KotOR, because for a change, we got a Star Wars story that wasn’t so watered down for the kids to follow and black and white. It was a refreshing change.

Yep. Or it would've been, if they had done it well. But it ultimately fails by coming to make a point that is...err...What exactly? The final conclusion of the games numerous strands of thought are ultimately...zippo.

KotOR doesn’t exactly have a great plot either. All it basically is is:

-You’re forced to train as a Jedi and look for the Star Maps.

-You are given countless clues to an IMO rather feeble plot twist.

-You stop the bad guy with the super weapon (sound familiar)?

Well, yes. It's an epic cycle.

And in K2 you're forced to regain your connection to the Force and wander around fairly aimlessly, ostensibly looking for the Jedi, then stop the bad guy by hitting them a lot (sound familiar?)

And that was what I disliked about KotOR. It felt too much like a rip off of the OT. Bah, this isn't the right topic to discuss which game is better. In the end, we all have our own opinions.

Then don't play it.

And no, this isn't the right thread, and yes, we have our own opinions, but opinions can be misinformed...

And no, this isn't the right thread, and yes, we have our own opinions, but opinions can be misinformed...

Actually, NO OPINON CAN BE MISINFORMED. All Opinons are Opinons! They are beliefs! They cannot be proven right or wrong.

Listen, I do not want a flame war to occur here, off-topic. Listen, K1 and K2 are both great games, gearing towards differnet stuff. And, actually, I could argue that K1 and K2 both stinks, using the exact same arguments you two are using, but I will not, becuase I believe them to be great games. I prefer K2, but K1 is also good as well. So, please, no flaming. Just stick to the topic at hand.

Actually, NO OPINON CAN BE MISINFORMED. All Opinons are Opinons! They are beliefs! They cannot be proven right or wrong.

Listen, I do not want a flame war to occur here, off-topic. Listen, K1 and K2 are both great games, gearing towards differnet stuff. And, actually, I could argue that K1 and K2 both stinks, using the exact same arguments you two are using, but I will not, becuase I believe them to be great games. I prefer K2, but K1 is also good as well. So, please, no flaming. Just stick to the topic at hand.

Yes, yes you can.

For example:

"I like bananas. They are the best fruit in my opinion, because they are the only fruit that are not green."

Wrong... Whatever is the truth is the truth regardless of what anyone thinks or what their opinions are; So for example I am a Christian and believe that there is a God and the only way to get to heaven is through Jesus, an Atheist believes there isnt a God and this life is all there is... We cannot both be right, there either is a God or not... So one of us would have to be wrong, and no matter how strong an opinion or belief both of us would have, one of us is ultimatly wrong; If I am right then we will find out when we die... if I'm wrong none of us will ever no as there is nothing outside of this life, so no-one is going to come back and tell us ;)

Gaming is slightly different as it is down to personal preferances (like music or films, everyone is different), so you cannot be wrong as we all like different things - I think this maybe more what you were leaning toward.

Personally I prefer TSL, I think the plot is cool and original where as much as I love K1 it is basically a copy of the original SW plot. I also get far more into being the Exile than I do being Revan (possibly because in my SW Universe Revan is a woman). In many regards I agree with The Architects and Silentscope's arguments for TSL's being the superior game.

Wrong... Whatever is the truth is the truth regardless of what anyone thinks or what their opinions are; So for example I am a Christian and believe that there is a God and the only way to get to heaven is through Jesus, an Atheist believes there isnt a God and this life is all there is... We cannot both be right, there either is a God or not... So one of us would have to be wrong, and no matter how strong an opinion or belief both of us would have, one of us is ultimatly wrong; If I am right then we will find out when we die... if I'm wrong none of us will ever no as there is nothing outside of this life, so no-one is going to come back and tell us

Actually BOTH can be considered wrong. There can be an Intelligent Designer (which would prove the Atheist wrong) who is not the Judeo-Christian God (which proves the Christian wrong).

And I do disagree with truth being unchangble...to me, truth is relative, but again, we are getting off topic.

Gaming is slightly different as it is down to personal preferances (like music or films, everyone is different), so you cannot be wrong as we all like different things - I think this maybe more what you were leaning toward.

Yes. This is what I was leaning towards. Opinons tell more about what a person's characetrstics are rather than the merits of something.

I made another thread where you can talk about this issue, ED. Let's see what you have to say.

Archived