Home

What should the True Sith BE Like?

ztemplarz

I don't think the True Sith call themselves the True Sith.

Kreia spoke in riddles. She spoke in the terms "a certain point of view".

She implanted the idea that there is something worse out there, a boogieman.

I think Kreia knew if the Republic/Jedi knew there was no threat out there, which can not be measured, it creates a fear or wanting of preparedness. She wanted to make the Galaxy ready including the Jedi for a coming conflict even if it never happens.

Kreia saw the Jedi get comfortable. She will implant the idea of the True Sith who could keep everyone on their toes. But…..

I do believe there is a True Sith. Kreia has been on MalachorV and studied the remains of this ancient Sith Empire. She still has not told the Exile all she knows. She knows that all you need to do is use the information you have to give the person a push in the direction she wants them to go. Kreia will release information to cement her ideas and suggestions.

The True Sith are a sect of Sith who are die hard in the ancient beliefs of the culture, a culture that was destroyed by the Jedi and the Republic along time ago.

Logan

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She did speak in riddles...which means that it might not be an armada of sorts, but a single being, or possibly one that does not know they are but is destined to become. So maybe it could Revan or the Exile who become the True Sith.

Kreia said the True Sith was in the unknown and Revan went there to stop it and did it without any allies or attachments. Maybe he foresaw himself becoming the destruction of the galaxy and left everything to save the galaxy from him.Or maybe it was the Exile he foresaw and went to find the Exile in the Unknown thinking S/He was there and now waits for His/Her arrival.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I kind of wonder if the "true sith" thing isn't some kind of phony build up.

--Like what you must face alone on the outer rim, where you cannot take (with you) the ones you love...

Sounds like inner demons possibly. Facing oneself. .....just thought I'd throw it out there.

Frankly I'm just as puzzled as anyone else, I guess.

Perhaps in order to have things play out in the future the way they did: Darth Rivan, Darth Bane and the rule of two, Jedi Vs Sith war, Ruusan Reformation, and all that; the force had to lead away the only ones who could possibly prevent it from playing out that way...

Why wouldn't they just obey the will of the force if they were canonically light sided?

Simply, it's revan and the exile...duh... so I seriously doubt they'd sit idly by and just let it all happen. Sort of like divine intervention, the force drew them away because the galaxy needed to re-strengthen itself BY itself.

Again just a suggestion.

Though there was a sith species, is it not possible they died out and went extinct?

I doubt they'd be *necessarily* or absolutely any more evil than other sentient species by nature. But I could be wrong.

The charicature given them is that these creatures are powerful, blind, malleable, left handed (morally & literally) and destined for evil.

The pics on wookieepedia I seen of them look almost indian/asian/arabic.

I'm no sympathizer of their extremism, or any other. However, I absolutely resent the whole "left handed is absolutely evil" Notion. I'm left handed.

Back to my point, the species is either extinct and a sinister figure is in the ranks--possibly more powerful than revan and exile combined, or the species is in hoards...and their leaders are still just so powerful.

It's a tossup. Rakatadark, I would agree the ambiguity would make it interesting. If it is to be more well written than the previous episode, we'll need to find out eventually.

Copied from another post I made in another thread:

I could write a book on this, but here is a brief overview of what I think the "true Sith" are (though I doubt this was is what Kreia had in mind):

The Sith (species) that the Exiles came upon and lorded over in 6,900 BBY were said to be a primitive race, knowing little about the cosmos and worshiping natural phenomena as deities (thus why they were so quick to honor the conquering Dark Jedi as gods). But it is said that in 28,000 BBY, Sith king Adas of Korriban defeated the Rakata and relocated his people to the nearby planet Ziost, suggesting that they were accustomed to space travel at the time. How then are they a primitive people by the time the Exiles come around?

I believe that at some point either Adas himself or one of his successors must have observed a drastic difference in the Sith people: some were modernists while other held onto their archaic ways. Believing the latter group to have been weak and unworthy, the modernist Sith abandoned Ziost and the school of Sith who were behind the times, and set off to build an empire elsewhere, eventually coming upon the Unknown Regions and building the Trayus Academy on Malachor V.

So we have a rift in the Sith race: those modernists who set out for the Unknown regions and those who stuck to their old ways. The former group would consider themselves the "true Sith," and the latter group was left to devolve on Ziost, eventually conquered by exiled Dark Jedi who founded the first Sith Empire. All the while the "true Sith" were building an empire of their own in the Unknown Regions, plotting to take over the galaxy when the time was ripe. Revan may have found evidence of their existence during his time as Dark Lord, and these memories may have come flooding back sometime after the events of the first Knights of the Old Republic game. This may have been why he departed for the Unknown Regions: to battle this potential threat to the Republic and the galaxy (or, in continuation the non-canonical dark side ending, to his new Sith Empire).

I know that I've posted many very different theories in this and other threads on the subject already, but I'm not committed to any one theory as the subject at hand is very ambiguous.

"Kissai and Massassi are two subspecies of the original Sith race of Korriban. The Kissai are the priests and spiritual leaders who indoctrinate their comerades in the teachings of the Sith. The Massassi are ferocious, selfless soldiers led by the great Sith Lords." -- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

There is a whole background story to both speices. Massassi and Kissai end up leaving Korriban and resettling on Yavin IV and Ziost. There is more to the story, but I have to finish reading it through.

I know that I've posted many very different theories in this and other threads on the subject already, but I'm not committed to any one theory as the subject at hand is very ambiguous.
True. Very true. There is so much to the expanded universe. Once you think a mystery has been solved, another fact or piece is added to the mix.

Crap! I don't even play the RPG and I might buy this book!
I'm willing to bet the answer to who are the true Sith? is right in front of us. All we have to do is piece things together. :D I'm beginning to theorize that the Sith species was turned into a triad.

Massassi, Kissai, and the original fallen Jedi. Massassi and Kissai being the original two species that originated on Korriban.

Look at what I found:

The Massassi

The Kissai

• 3 weeks later...
Hmmm... Tinkerbell True Sith...

Well, from what I remember, the dark jedis of the 2nd schism took command of the True Sith people, became their leader and god, and interbreed(ack... them girls are ugly) with them. So in a way most True Sith believe is a version of the Sith Code. Now, that is not necessarily a bad thing either. The problem is that most True Sith are killed off, the republic pulls a genocide on Korriban, or something like that. The rest are probably scattered in small pockets around the galaxy, probably where few people come into contact. Now there is that one planet where you may find the True Sith civilization...

I think you are exactly right. Revan is trying to overthrow the true sith empire (the true sith are oppressing lots of indigenous people maybe) and you help revan create a democracy, or use him to install yourself as new Dark Lord

I'm willing to bet the answer to who are the true Sith? is right in front of us. All we have to do is piece things together. :D I'm beginning to theorize that the Sith species was turned into a triad.

Massassi, Kissai, and the original fallen Jedi. Massassi and Kissai being the original two species that originated on Korriban.

Look at what I found:

The Massassi

The Kissai

"Kissai and Massassi are two subspecies of the original Sith race of Korriban. The Kissai are the priests and spiritual leaders who indoctrinate their comerades in the teachings of the Sith. The Massassi are ferocious, selfless soldiers led by the great Sith Lords." -- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

There is a whole background story to both speices. Massassi and Kissai end up leaving Korriban and resettling on Yavin IV and Ziost. There is more to the story, but I have to finish reading it through.

True. Very true. There is so much to the expanded universe. Once you think a mystery has been solved, another fact or piece is added to the mix.

I see you've read the Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide hehe, there is very little new information in this guide, as I too have it, and all previous Essential guides, Guide books, comics and games.

It's what we have known for years but worded slightly differently, with a few tidbits from the current comic lines added in. check the other sources for the two links you gave :)

Massassi were first introduced in 1982 then retconned, they have kept there current back story and appearance relatively as is, for 14 years, and while the name kissai is only a couple of years old we have been aware that there were other caste's of the sith species for the same amount of time, again the mixing of the Exiled Dark Jedi with said species is very old news.

Archived