Home

What should the True Sith BE Like?

ztemplarz

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the true sith should not be physical entities. I would believe a sentient force nexus would be much more terrifying because... how would you attack it? Or maybe an enemy like the borg from star trek? (a collective with a single consciousness) Something that is not a single leader, but a single enemy supported by many.

After reading a few interviews and such, I think the whole idea of 'True Sith' is pretty straight forward.

True Sith refers to every Sith in the known and unknown regions who has the characteristic traits revolving around world domination. I call it the Darth Vader and Darth Malek syndrome, which includes Dark Jedi, Sith Lords, Assassins, Apprentices, etc... Any Sith that followed the traditions found on Korriban, Duxn, and Yavin IV is a True Sith. True Sith follow "The Sith Code", "The Rule of Two", and they use deception, cunning, and patience. A 'True With' seeks absolute domination over everything.

Amature Sith refers to Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus, and anyone else from the academy on Malacore V. Kreia could be considered a fallen "True Sith", for she believed and followed in the teachings of Korriban. Everyone else who was a sith in "KotOR II" was not a "True Sith". What makes them amatures is a simple logic, "...these Sith are of special teachings"; "...they are driven to destroy the Jedi"; "...this one consumes the force"; "etc...". KotOR II's Sith were not driven by other philosophies such as "The Rule of Two" and "The Sith Code" and "World Domination". The only thing they are interested in is to wipe out all the Jedi. They do not seek world domination.

I think the writters were not sure what direction to go in, so they created the ideology behind the True Sith in an attempt to be creative. What would be very interesting is if "KotOR III" would be called "The Sith Wars". Lol... If you think about the two different factions, someone would have a real easy time in creating a civil war between the two types of Sith.

If you have read the first Darth Bane novel, you will understand the differences.

According to Darth Bane's research, the True Sith's origin is on Korriban. Teachings of a True Sith includes 'The Rule of Two', 'The Sith Code', and 'Deception, Patience, and Cunning'. Within the Sith Academy on Korriban, Unknown Planet, Dxun, and Yavin IV, force sensitives were trained to become a canadate for apprentiship. Everyone else is considered a soldier, or they will be killed off to consolidate the darkside of the force. Originally, there were only two. There were no armies, no hierarchies, and nothing else. In order for the True Sith to overthrow the Jedi, they would work through politics, deceptions, and patience. One will encompass the darkside (power), and the other will crave it. If the apprentice is cunning enough, he or she will learn everything from the their master and the old mater's archives on Korriban, Duxn, The Unkown Planet, and Yavin IV. When the Apprentice believes he or she is ready, the individual will kill the Sith Lord in a cunning manner to take his or her place. (Thats how Malek and Palpatine got their power.) As each generation takes over, the following one will be that much stronger.

When the 'True Sith' strike, there will only be two. Both of them will be in plain site, and they will use patiance, cunning, and deception. If you think about what Revan had done, there is no real Darth Revan. According to Star Wars EU canon, Revan was a lightsider using the monarchy Darth. All Revan wanted to do is unite the Jedi and Republic, so they can face the true force of the Sith. Revan knew that a Sith Lord and a Apprentice were waiting in the Unknown Regions; however, they will bring an army of non force users up against the Republic and Jedi. Since a 'True Sith' follows the "Rule of Two", the stregnth behind one Sith Lord will be more powerful than Sion, Nhilus, and Malek combined. Malek obtained his knowledge from Korriban, but his reign and teachings as a Sith were limited. The two other "True Sith" in the unknown regions have been preparing for decades. Malek and Revan built up an army within only a few years. You can only imagine how far back the battle between Sith Lords and Apprentices had extended. Korriban contains the original Sith Archives, but the knowledge and history of the 'True Sith' is scattered throughout the gallaxy. Almost like hidden stashes of knowledge, so that the lineage could forever continue.

In an interesting turn of events, the Exile's actions on Malacore V did the 'True Sith' a favor. Since the "Rule of Two" is essential for reaching ultimate control over the darkside, the removal of Sion, Kriea, and Nhilus had consentrated the force back onto the two in the unknown regions. If they finish the story, all shnite is going to hit the fan.

The first Darth Bane novel tells a lot about the "True Sith" but there is only so much you can assume from it. Like the secret of the Sith holocrons for one thing which Bane learns how to make in the second novel could possibly be considered something that came from a True Sith line.

In my opinion however, the most I can depict from both of the Darth Bane novels, the True Sith existence began on Tython in the Core of the galaxy along with the beginning of the Jedi, although they were referred as something else. But as to where they are during the KOTOR period is something I don't think is answerable at this point.

QFT, Thats the sentence I've been trying to come up with since 04 lol

I guess that we have been tainted by the myth of the 'True Sith'. I don't think that we will ever know much about 'them' (saying that because it has been said in the game that 'they' are real. :dozey: ) unless they answer the question in a game or book or comic or....whatever. :)

There's nothing in Darth Bane: Path of Destruction that indicates that Bane was referring to the same "true Sith" that Traya spoke of. All it says is that he considered Revan a true Sith because he agreed with all of his teachings. In this instance, "true Sith" seems like a very relative term, and there's nothing connecting it to the fabled beings that Traya referred to, or that Revan even knew of the people she mentioned. It seems to me that Traya and Bane are speaking in entirely different terms here, not knowing about one another's findings.

I think the True Sith should be a lie.

Blasphemy! :xp:

The whole "True Sith" thing is just so 80's... lets bring in the Shadows from Babylon 5... yeah... they appear from nowhere slice everything to pieces and dissappear with a shrill scream... that's better. ;)

Blasphemy! :xp:

The whole "True Sith" thing is just so 80's...

Did the introduction of Kun, Ragnos and later Sadow etc in the early 90's not fill that hole? and the Kreia true Sith not an entirely new lump of mud for the SW waters?

Did the introduction of Kun, Ragnos and later Sadow etc in the early 90's not fill that hole?

Not for many, just lame ol' dark jedi pretenders like all the others. :xp:

and the Kreia true Sith not an entirely new lump of mud for the SW waters?

The 'True Sith' have been ho'd-and-haw'd about long before that. Think of it as a late 80's Sci-Fi convention 'urban legend', with wild stories/speculation traded all amongst the fans, given some credence now by Obsidian with Kreia's lines in TSL. At least that is where I personally heard of this 'True Sith' idea... and at more than one convention and in more than one state.

Because of that I made up a Pnp D6 RPG Star Wars campaign around them in the mid 90's. Though I mixed in a ton of B5 influenced stuff cause I liked it too. ;)

Though it can be argued that the aforementioned characters might have even been spawned because of these 'urban lagends'... we just can't tell.

• 3 weeks later...
What should the True Sith BE Like?

Who said there should be True Sith in the first place? ;P

Really though, with all the hype the True Sith have been given already, I'd say it'd be far more interesting to have them not exist at all, or not be the true threat, rather than to have them as yet another group of baddies with red lightsabers and black hoods.

Who said there should be True Sith in the first place? ;P

Really though, with all the hype the True Sith have been given already, I'd say it'd be far more interesting to have them not exist at all, or not be the true threat, rather than to have them as yet another group of baddies with red lightsabers and black hoods.

If there were no true sith, then what's the point? I still would go with something beyond flesh and blood. Something that can't just be killed or can't be sensed would be far more intimidating than any being could ever be.

Who said there should be True Sith in the first place?[/Quote]

I'm not a big fan of the True Sith, especially when we've been told through canon countless times that the Sith species, the origin of the Sith, died out on Ziost and Korriban.

It would definately be interesting if they didn't exist, but it woulg beg the question of what Revan has actually been doing in the Unknown regions for all this time. Fighting the Chiss?

Something that can't just be killed or can't be sensed would be far more intimidating than any being could ever be.[/Quote]

We've already had lifeforms that can't be sensed - the Yuuzhan Vong - and I sincerely hope that they don't get involved at any point, seeing as they don't show up for another 4000 years.

It would definately be interesting if they didn't exist, but it woulg beg the question of what Revan has actually been doing in the Unknown regions for all this time. Fighting the Chiss?

That would be awesome! :lol: [/sarcasm]

Eh, I think it would be interesting to have Revan or the Exile turn out to be the villain. Maybe he/she found the remnants of the True Sith Empire and conquered them. Yeah, yeah, yeah, a lot of the fan base would object, but a guy can dream, can't he?

• 1 month later...
I didn't see anything directly relating to this topic in the forum, so I apologize if I missed it (in which case I would be more than willing to delete this thread or move it to the appropriate place).

As the title says, what should the True Sith be like? How should they act? This came from a thread in another Kotor III forum that I really liked and decided should be here as well. This is what I personally came up with:

I think the cold and passionless character of him is perfect. Jedi are like Buddhists, that try to remove all emotion through contemplation of nature (the force). Sith are Darwinian Romantics that embrace and revel in emotion as a tool to increase the potency of the force.

It would make sense that the true sith would be completely emotionless, just coldy calculating- in other words, true psychopaths. Unlike the jedi, they wouldn't deny their emotions because they are afraid of acting impartially, but because they aren't willing to surrender their judgement to anything outside themselves. Motivated purely by the drive for perfection and power. Not FEELING hate, because they NATURALLY hate everything besides themselves. Not feeling LUST, because all they care about are themselves.

I also like the idea of them NOT using lightsabers, since that would certainly help distinguish them, but I've got an alternative option. If any of you have played Planescape: Torment, then you know all about Dakkon's magical sword that is formed by will. I think it would be awesome if the True Sith all used these weapons- essentially wielding pure force WITHOUT an actual lightsaber. They could go from fighting you with a single-bladed weapon, then transition to a double-bladed one, then maybe a spear-type one. An additional feature would be that YOU wouldn't be able to wield these weapons unless you went fully dark side.

Look forward to hearing other ideas!

Let me just point something out first to eliminate ambiguity:

There is a difference between insanity and crazy.

Crazy means perhaps erratic or clever boisterous charade, coherent. They know it and are fully aware. If a bit jangled in nerves--by will or otherwise.

Whereas insanity, the person is just lost--no conscious awareness of it or of a number of things...in no particular order either. Incoherent. Not necessarily loud or quiet. They can perhaps be considered to have lost a majority of their sentience, whereas crazy is still quite sentient.

Then there is sociopath. Normally cold, emotionless. Calculative. Manipulative by nature it seems. Conniving backstabbers. Changing to fit in wherever, just so long as in the end they get what they are after and couldn't care less who they ruin to do it. Can't truly know this person--if you could call them that. They are amongst the most morally corrupt and reprehensible, despicable creatures to live.

Shaolin monks (which also are bhuddists... a *LOT* like jedi--especially fighter monks) tend to want to believe nobody starts out rotten or corrupt--it happens as a result of the tide in the universe, and is the culmination of all bad things to happen to you.

Shaolin Monks are peaceful. When there were fighter monks, however, they also funneled their emotions and anger and channeled it into a tool for positive and good. Kind of like Vaapad. They stood in peace so long as others did. One move in aggression, though, and they did what must be done--even if it meant they pulverized you. Like Jedi.

I'm not so sure some aren't born corrupt. At the very least, there are those born predisposed to it as their nature. Like ferrile animals.

Example: I had a very rare "red" fir rat in my rat breeding days--and I hand raised that thing from a 4 day old pinky as carefully as I possibly could. Sweet mama and papa. It worked for all its siblings: they turned out fine. Loved people, and each other. He, on the other hand would sharpen his teeth just so he could tear up whatever or whoever he bit into. Didn't play well with its siblings. Came home and I guess papa decided its spawn needed to be eliminated. Just as well--he would've been food for a predator if he'd lived.

If a TRUE sith species is born like that I suppose it might justify calling them an evil race...still, there are the few exceptions...or this may just be a misconception and caricature. Remember, it was dark jedi conquerors responsible for all the 'sith lord' stuff. The species lead their lives as just another society prior to that. Keep that in mind.

Edit: one more thing: Scapegoating. I think some of you might be looking for scapegoats, someone to blame for everything and to unite everyone. Keep in mind that it is social engineering amongst the very lowest order. That is how masses are indoctrinated with prejudice and hatred. If you want an ignorant society, go ahead with it.

Don't whine when after several millenia they have produced little of worth...should the society still be intact after that long

Archived