Home

let's resurrect

RicardoLuigi...

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very true (actually the one show I thought about when writing that comment as it did tank), created by the same people who created Futurama, so you'd think it'd have been better.

I actually remember two Futurama commentaries that predicted that show, one for the anthology of interest where Fry wished his life was more like a video game and in the commentary David Cohen said he wanted to do a TV show like that, and then the one with the Lucy Lui bot where he said Lucy Lui enjoyed it so much she said she wouldn't mind doing an animation series.

Shame it all fell apart, it was a good concept, just poorly executed.

I've never heard of Ventrure Bros, Patrick Warburton or Game Over. Futurama was pretty good when they were still releasing episodes, but after watching it so much over the years on Sky One (a TV channel in the UK, for anyone who isn't from the UK (the majority of Harbour frequents seem to be from the UK)) there are hardly any jokes which I still find amusing. The 13 new episodes-in-the making should be quite refreshing (if that is still happening..?)

My favourite cartoon is easily South Park which is why I am genuinely really sad that Matt and Trey will probably only do another 10 or so episodes :(

I've never heard of Ventrure Bros, Patrick Warburton or Game Over.

Warburton mainly does voices, but he also does some real life acting as well. You'll probably recognize his voice as Joe Swanson from Family Guy, or Kronk from the Emporers New Groove.

Bah, its renewed into 2008 with an option to continue after that.

...r u srs? I thought this was the end of their contract! :^:

And no, I still don't know who you are talking about, never watch any of that stuff apart from Family Guy; and I don't remember who Joe Swanson is.

Don't throw have a paddy, but what about Lee Evans?

(At least I didn't say Peter Kay)

Anyway, I heard about Ricky Gervais's new tour, I wanna see that. Animals and Politics were brilliant and it shocked me that he had never done stand up before.

Lee Evans is alright, but despite stand up being his job, I always get the feeling he's really uncomfortable on stage. He does some amazing jokes and great routines, but he just always seems really nervous and it usually takes him a while to get into it and become more relaxed.

That said, he has grown in years, his later stuff has been amazing.

Ricky Gervais is funny, yes, and I do enjoy watching his stand up, but really, if you listen to his radio show you get the same thing and neither are on par with any of the great stand up performers.

Peter kay can be funny when he's not stealing other peoples jokes or falling back on tired old routines (Garlic Bread has gotten a little old now).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived