Home

let's resurrect

RicardoLuigi...

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're a smart arse with it too.

I meant I'm a smart arse who is generally without logic. :)

That would be unexpected. I bet it would get cut from the movie.

I doubt it, there's a Harry on Ron sex scene in the new films. Only about three minutes, but it's pretty full-on apparently. Some people are criticizing Rowling for forcing new scenes onto the films to boost income.

You may not believe that, but it honestly is true.

I meant I'm a smart arse who is generally without logic. :)

I still stand by my claim.

Some people are criticizing Rowling for forcing new scenes onto the films to boost income.

Warner Bro's wont let her anywhere near the film set or writers room since what she did with the first two films... well that's not true, but she certainly doesn't have as much influence anymore after they found out she knows nothing about film.

Allegedly it was leaked, I haven't looked though. I'm, trying to keep away from HP news. Basically my only reason for reading the last one is to see how it ends.

Don't lie, you're also going to read it because all the other 6 were dead good and the 7th will likely be aswell. Just cos it's a kids book, doesn't mean we have to have shame!

If you pre-order the new book over at the Amazon.com, you get a free $5 certificate for the month of August! I do the Amazon Prime so I get free two-day shipping, and there's no tax, so it's a pretty good deal for me.

I'm a casual HP fan. Read all of the books once, each one was good enough to warrant reading the next. Watched the first fifteen minutes of the first movie and decided that it was bollocks.

Warner Bro's wont let her anywhere near the film set or writers room since what she did with the first two films... well that's not true, but she certainly doesn't have as much influence anymore after they found out she knows nothing about film.

She definately has some sort of influence. Apparently she was given an early screenplay of Order of the Phoenix, in which a certain character had been cut, and she basically told them that if they did that they'd have problems in the seventh movie.

Which just goes to show that she really doesn't know anything about movies. By the time the seventh movie comes out the majority of audiences (the majority being made up of non-fans and casual movie goers) will have forgotten about whatever chatacter was introduced here and would need to be introduced again anyway. If said character wasn't needed in OotP, they shouldn't have been included, it's just dead weight (my guess is, she's talking about Grawp).

It was her idea to include the Whomping Willow scene in Chamber of Secrets, a scene that most people wondered what the hell was doing there as it did nothing for the story, plot or characters and just seemed to be put in gratuitously. She probably argued that it was an important story point in Prisoner of Azkaban, but Curón had to re-introduce it there anyway in the form of the small insert of the bird being killed by it, so it really was unecessary.

There's no doubt JKR gets a little input, but she gets a hell of a lot less than she used to, the studio's learned the difference between a decent book adaption and just plastering everything from the book to the screen to please the fans (which is essentially what the first two movies did).

By the time the seventh movie comes out the majority of audiences (the majority being made up of non-fans and casual movie goers) will have forgotten about whatever chatacter was introduced here and would need to be introduced again anyway. If said character wasn't needed in OotP, they shouldn't have been included, it's just dead weight (my guess is, she's talking about Grawp).

Your guess is wrong (if what I've read is true) ;) The character isn't particularly important in OOTP, but does become slightly more important in HBP (if I'm remembering correctly), by which time - I'm guessing - they would be awkward to introduce due to the circumstances. Does that even make sense?

the studio's learned the difference between a decent book adaption and just plastering everything from the book to the screen to please the fans (which is essentially what the first two movies did).

But there are times when too little is included. Have you seen Eragon? It's like someone glanced at a synopsis of the story and decided to make the movie based on that.

I didn't think the book was that bad, as long as you keep in mind what it is. The author was only in his late teens/early twenties when he wrote it, so you can't really expect too much. I thought he did quite well. I mean, if I tried writing a fantasy novel I'd have probably given up by chapter two.

As for the film, it was way too rushed. There was hardly any explanation for anything. And certain parts of the book were cut that make it practically impossible to make the second one (which is probably a good thing, considering what they did to the first one). It could have been so much better.

You may as well tell me who was almost cut out of OotP.

I thought you were avoiding spoilers?

It was Kreacher.

Here's where it says so.

I'm avoiding Book seven spoilers, the OotP movie I'm fine with... i mean i've already read the book.

As for Kreacher, that's not actually that bad, they can put him in the film and still have him serve some sort of a purpose, but I feel JKR's treating these films as a series of films in the same way her books are a s eries of books, but book fans and movie fans tend to be quite different and as a vast majority of the movies takings are going to come from casual movie goers who haven't read the books and only saw the last film once a year ago, it's a mistake to think they should hang guns up in one film only to be fired in the next one.

Archived