Home

Jedi Knights: Masters of the Force (Rewriten)

Shana

"Yes, but I am no Jedi... at least in your eyes..." Uie'Sha smired his relpy, reaching into a hidden utility pouch underneath the rear of his robes, retrieving a small cone-shaped device... It was a breaching charge.

"You'll find I can be horribly resourceful, something one of my late masters tought me was to always carry some form of explosive device, be it for a diversion or if trapped for some reason or another..." ((Such an arsehole, isn't he? :sithm: ))

The charge was slightly smaller than a clenched human fist, small and compact yet with enough force to vent the atmosphere from a Star Destroyer in seconds. He smiled sheepishly to the newcomer and walked up to the wall section in question, taking particular care in placing the object for both a showy explosion and the most damage.

Walking back to the group, he gestured for everyone to take a few steps backwards as he produced a shiny red remote-button.

A small beep gave the order, an audible-dull thud issued as the thick organic stonework was violently forced inwards, openning up a new door roughly three meters in diameter.

"Does patience teach you that?" Uie'Sha mocked Emukiel, noting that to bring the ship around would further aggrevate their opponents to think that more were on their way to assist the Jedi, using the charge saved time and allowed for a certain amount of surprise. "After you, old man..."

--------------------------------------------

Asa was organizing a large group of younger Seren to help with the dig when the building shook violently for a moment, she checked her wrist-security-interface and noticed the network was down. "The explosion came from the Security chamber, perimeter sensors are down, suspected military insurgents... One of our own was killed when the wall caved in!" a voice came through the crackling link, one of the Weapon Masters.

Her orders wee clear, the large group proceeded to the dig site...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Ooh, how I hate newbs, and especially their characters, getting cocky))

Emukiel looked at the hole, shook his head and then smacked the half-Bothan's back of the head.

"Well done. Now they've got probably triple the amount of minions rushing here than there were back at the main entrance and we have absolutely no firepower to take them out. Well done indeed" the Weequay said and shook his head again, first taking out his commlink and then switching it on.

"Sarge, engage secondary engines and release the fighter as soon as it's ready" he said and put the commlink away and turned to Uie'Sha again while switching his lightsaber on.

"Do you really think they won't send an army against possible reinforcements of ours? These aren't frightened bureucrats we're talking about. These Sith or Dark Jedi are doing something in there that they do not want interrupted. And whatever that something is, we must stop it before they can finish up"

------

The Delaya-class courier, aptly named Asla'tar, which mixed the original name for the light side of the Force as well as the strange written language found on the mysterious Zonama Sekot. So the name could be roughtly translated as "Creche of the Light side of the Force."

Anywho, the ship recieved message from Emukiel just as it was exiting water and so Sarge began speeding up as well as Q7 began to finish whatever tweaks it was doing to the fighter. At the back of the Courier, some hatches opened and jet engines popped out, speeding the ship even further. But it would still take time for the ship to make it's way to the Jedi

((Hey, I did say he was an arsehole... and there's no need to use childish words like that, you're taking me way too serously... :( ))

Uie'Sha rubbed the back of his skull and realized that Emukiel was right, the idea was both clever and stupid and he should've thought it over before acting. Being a Grey jedi, He was naturally rebellious and it often got him into situations like this, not to mention those charges weren't cheap.

He tried to focus his attention on something else, mainly to avert his eyes from the morale-crushing glare-beam radiating from Emukiel...

((His character is developing, so things like this are expected... you seem to have quite a background on Emukiel so I'm assuming you've had alot of time to develop his character. I'm mainly focusing on Asa and being as eccentric as I am, I felt like him blowing something up as he was originally saving that charge until later...))

((Just keep the arguements clean guys, but I can tell you BKK that Aliies is no newb, he might be new here but I've known him for a long time. He doesn't always play characters like this, he's always toying with different personalities in every character he creates which is almost never the same one))

Lyla looked at the hole in the wall and just looked over at Uie'Sha.

- "Messy but effective, although you just might have alerted everyone to our presence" - Lyla said and then Juhn-Kai walked up to them.

- "It makes no difference at all, they already were expecting this" - Juhn-Kai said and glanced back at Emukiel - "I got your back and you got mine?"

((He's new to me, which makes him a newb on my chart))

Emukiel glanced at Juhn-Kai and then drew out his lightsaber, igniting it and looking at the blade before taking a step towards the hole in the building.

"We need to confront whoever is behind this" the Weequay said to Juhn-Kai and concentrated quietly, locating the strongest source of Force Energy in the building. As he turned to the group again, there were aleady minions waiting for them to enter.

"Whoever is behind this is not here. There are no powerful Sith here. Dark Jedi and apprentices, but no Sith Lord. We need to move swiftly and take care of whatever they are doing before they can erase any information about their true leader. As soon as we get inside, at least two of us should go in search of their mainframe" he said before pushing a button on his belt, giving the abort signal to his ship.

------

Now that there were minions ready, the building's other defences, including aerial ones, should be in place and Emukiel couldn't afford to lose his ships. After the ship had set down, another signal came throught requesting Q7's presence as it would be needed to get any information from the mainframe in the time limit they were under. The latter signal also meant that they had chosen someone to get to the mainframe.

------

"I'll do it" Feirod said as he ignited his lightsaber and took Emukiel's tracking device so the droid would know where to look for him.

"I'll go alone and crawl throught the air ducts as soon as we're safely inside. Here. It's a copy of the blueprints" the Equine said and gave a small disk to Emukiel in return for the tracking device. The Jedi then looked at Juhn-Kai and simply bowed as thanks for the wise man's teachings just in case if he wouldn't make it out alive. After he had straightened himself up fro mthe bow, he got ready to rush inside with the rest of them

Juhn-Kai bowed back to Faroid in recognition of his apprentice. He then looked at the hole in the wall and walked through it without igniting his lightsaber. He looked around and Lyla followed him closely. After going in and taking a couple of steps Juhn-Kai raised an eyebrow, he then turned to Emukiel and Strider.

- "Hord" - Juhn-Kai said and gestured Lyla to come to his side. Lyla then walked to the master and looked into his silver eyes.

- "Lyla, take the team into the dig, find whoever is in charge down there and arrest them" - Juhn-Kai said then turned to look at a shadowed corridor - "We'll take care of this".

Lyla then motioned the others to follow her. Juhn-Kai signaled Emukiel and Strider to go in.

- "You feel it too do you not?" - Juhn-Kai asked them both.

Uie'Sha followed the rear of the group as they left for the dig, he was paranoid about people scorning at his back after doing something stupid, yet another flaw he tried to repair in vain.

-------------------------

Like a foreboding overseer, Asa watched over the immense progress of the archeological dig-site... next to her lay a solid Phrik locker fashioned in the old Sith markings, dictating it's age as a worthy vessel for it's precious cargo. Inside lay the vials to many long-dead Sith, the collection was growing steadily as more discoveries were made at least twice an hour; not neccessarily the vials though a small collection of Sith artifacts was set upon the ancient case including numerous holocrons and the odd lighsabre crystal, their hilts long gone by the passing of time.

"Milady, there are two more sets remaining, we are having difficulty locating them!" a Seren initiate informed her.

"We have guests approaching, hasten your search as we will not leave until we have all of them!" Asa looked over her shoulder at the group guarding the chest, nodding her head for them to stall the intruders, calling all of those present to her for a small anouncement, "If they arrive before we secure the last vials, we will make our escape and detonate the site using permacrete explosives, ensure they never discover what we intend from this site by burying the last remnants... If that happens I will take the fall for the loss, that is why we must hurry; countless ages of planning are at stake!"

As the team resumed their work at an increased pace, Asa looked to the marching backs of the Marauders she had sent against the Jedi... Where are you Orpheus, the scene is set... she heard echo in her thoughts

Strider nodded without argument. His job on this mission was to follow and ensure the group's safety, not lead. That was not his duty. He held his blade ready but did not ignite it. He felt it was time to play around with the Force a little. He looked at Lyla and encouraged her to lead the way, assuring her he would keep her and the group safe throughout their part of the mission.

"You heard the man. Let's go."

"The presence is everywhere... We should get to whoever the leader here is before they can run off. I need to make sure it's not the one I think is behind this whole thing" Emukiel said and held the ignited lightsaber by his side as in the corridor, Feirod had cut throught into the duckts and jumped inside to rush towards the command center. Taking out the holoimage of the blueprints, Emukiel looked at the room.

"This was probably the security HQ. That would mean we need to get to the most luxurious place, which would be... here. West corner of the building. I will go and see that he is placed under arrest also. Juhn-Kai, if you wish to come with me, I would be more than glad to work with you once more" the Weequay said and pocketed the blueprints. Meanwhile, his astromech rolled past them, under the cut-throught air vent and then ignited small booster rockets that let it slip inside.

------

The Equine jedi crawled throught the airduckts, his lightsaber unignited as the hum and colour might alert anyone standing below a vent. It was a rather tight squeeze for a modern building, but he managed to finally get to the long drop that would let him straight inside the main computer. Jumping down, he ignited his lightsaber on the way. His hard hooves kicked the vent open and smashed against the floor as he dropped down. Before the guards could open fire, they were either knocked out or killed by a powerful force throw and a swing of the lightsaber. Feirod rushed to the computer and looked at all the buttons and the writing on the screens. First of all he disabled all security droids, drones and turrets as well as unlocked all doors he could. This would at least give some advantage to the incoming jedi before their opponents could manually override the door controls

Asa's wrist interfaced began to wail, the security room had been breached and now the entire network was offline moments after it had recovered from the explosion.

She was cut off from Tulak, the Marauders and the others who were not at the dig, all communications links were down.

The digsite became hushed, a feeling of awe swept over the others as one of them lifted a small casket from the ground. Inside lay the last set, belonging to Darth Sideous himself.

"Prepare for transport, by the brotherhood we need to move!"

---------------------------

Uie'Sha gasped to breath after being momentarily force-choked by one of the Marauders, luckily he had been close enough to ward his opponent away with a single wave of his weapon. His comrades had admirably handled their opponents, the Seren attackers were growing scarce, he felt the presence of a large number of force sensitives, the closer they approached to the dig the stronger it grew... Though above it all, he could feel something different and yet familiar, the same presence from when they were exiting hyperspace.

((Miracle, I'll let you post how the Jedi and Seren cross paths here :) ))

Juhn-Kai stepped into a large hallway. The sounds of the distant battles that the Jedi were engaged in where suddenly silenced. The room had an inmense dark aura about it. The aura came from someone Juhn-Kai knew very well. He grinned and turned to a dark corner where a figure was clearly visible.

- "I think we can spare the theatrics Hord, they never really became you" - Juhn-Kai said.

Tulak Hord came out from the shadows covered in black robes with a doublebladed lightsaber in his hand.

- "Juhn-Kai Ryu, Emukiel Al-Saefar and Strider Flamehart. I've heard much about you Emukiel and Strider, I wonder if you'll make worthy oponents. I have not had a good duel since forever" - Tulak said and ignited his double blades.

Juhn-Kai took his lightsaber in his hand but did not ignite it right away, he simply awaited the Sith Lord to make his move.

- "I will take Emukiel first, then Strider and I will finish off Juhn-Kai afterwards. I will not aim to kill you but sparr with you, I'm interested in seeing the lightsaber techniques of this era" - Tulak said.

(Feel free to start your duel BKK))

============================

Lyla spun once with her lightsaber cutting down a marauder and then stabbing another in the gut. She then continued to run to the dig site, but the entrance was well protected. Exactly as Juhn-Kai had predicted, the Seren were waiting for them, not carrying a lightsaber in their hands. The four seren lifted the Jedi from their feet and sent them flying across the hallway with the force. It was clear that only by using the force would they be able to defeat these men.

(Begin fighting, show off your force powers people :) )

"This era? Too bad you'll have to get disappointed right from the start" Emukiel said as he got ready, his lightsaber glowing ever so brightly. A grin spread upon the weequay's face as he concentrated upon the two blades he was facing. He could manage even if he was a bit rusty against a saberstaff. As they met midway throught their attacks, Emukiel stayed defencive and slow. Slower than he should be. They locked lightsabers and leaned against each others, which was when the old Jedi Master made his move.

"I'll give you the advantage of two blades, but don't be to certain that you'll still have both of them when we're finished" he noted before kicking himself off of the lock and then rushing back in with his lightsaber twirling around himself, covering the view in a green mist that would confuse most opponents well enought to get the next strike throught. This strike was a very swift jab in the middle of his hands, meant to cut throught the hilt of his double-bladed lightsaber.

------

The astromech plugged into the mainframe to download info and give more access to the jedi next to the computer. Feirod continued to mess around with the systems, locking doors and closing blast doors and all the hangars he could find so nobody could escape. The Equine Jedi noticed a movement near the computer station's door. Before he could react to it by locking the door, the guard was inside, slugthrower in hand and aimed. The Jedi took out his lightsaber, but the loud bang of the slughtrower made him flinch. The bullet entered his head and the jedi started to fall backwards before throwing the lightsaber and cutting the opponent by the waist. Swiftly the droid switched to another plugin and closed both the door and the blast door, locking both of them and fetching the lightsaber for the jedi who attempted to stood back up. It was lucky that the bullet had slipped right between his brains, coming out the back. It caused a major pain, yet it was non-lethal. As the droid came back to the jedi, he was already wrapping a cloth around his head to help it heal

((Well, Miracle authorized this, so here I go then))

The lunge was fast enought to cut throught Tulak Hord's lightsaber, cutting it in half. The stun it caused gave enought time for the ancient Jedi Master to slash a wound to go across the opponent's other eye. It was merely a flesh wound that would leave a petty scar, but it was enought for Emukiel to get his next attack throught also, throwing Hord against the nearest wall with the force. Before Emukiel could rush towards Tulak, however, the opponent ran for it. He had managed to test Emukiel's skills enought. The scar would remind him of what exactly Emukiel was, even if it had given Tulak Hord more information than a three hour duel. The Weequay switched off his blade as Hord rushed off for his ship, only now noticing that in the midst of his attack, Hord had managed to wound him also. There was a cut on the side of his chest. Before the other Jedi could say anything, Emukiel smiled and looked at them.

"'Tis just a flesh wound" he said and placed a hand on the wound, using the force to patch it up.

"Should we run after him, or...?"

"Well, you took all the fun, you old coot," Strider said dismissively. He smiled. "Thank you for that though, because I think you knew had it been me, I'd have just saved us the trouble and killed him now, this makes things more fun now," he said to Emukiel.

Juhn-Kai smirked at the sight of the Sith Lord running away.

- "They always do that" - Junh-Kai said shaking his head slightly and then looked at Emukiel and put a hand on his old friend's shoulder - "At least we don't have to worry about him for now, let us go back to the children. Whatever the Seren are looking for here, has not yet left this facility".

Orpheus seemed to step out from the shadows like a spectre, stepping up behind Asa, he bent over his mouth close to her ear. "Dear Asa, the scene is set, and I am right here...I have always been, right, here," he spoke in a chilling whisper, before standing up straight with a mischievious grin.

Before she could say anything in retort, he spoke more aloud, "your marauders are failing, and your last set of guards won't last long, I will distract them long enough for you to get what you have dug for out of here."

At this Orpheus stayed just long enough to hear anything the girl had to say, before he turned and headed off towards the battling jedi. As he dissapeared from sight around a corner, he stepped into some shadows, seemingly dissapearing all together.

Moments later he stepped out of the shadows between the four force using Seren, his hidden face seemingly serious, yet the tiniest of smiles was on his face, while his signature in the force was strange, neither dark nor light, yet still, not inbetween. He looked over at one Seren, nodding, then another, and nodding at that one, he looked back over at the jedi, cocking his head slightly.

"Hello children," he spoke in a neutral, emotionless tone, his stance showing he was not in a position to fight, or so it would seem.

Lyla, sensing the man before her was not one of the Seren, as nothing about him made him seem like a Seren, she just looked at him without taking an agressive stance but making sure her defensive one was spot on.

- "I do not sense you are one of these men, we must pass, please step aside, we do not wish to make this situation escalate more that it already has" - Lyla said with a firm tone and calm.

"He let me off easy. Now he can prepare for the next duel. I just hope that my ship can blast him off the skies if he gets that far" Emukiel noted before putting his lightsaber away.

"We should hurry to the youngsters. I sence... betrayal" the ancient Weequay said and started to walk off, expecting for them to follow.

------

Feirod stood up, the cloth wrapped tightly around his head to stop bleeding. He continued on his work of locking up all doors and blast doors to lock everyone inside. He tracked down the oldies and then opened up a way for them as they went towards the younger Jedi. Otherwise he just had to observe throught the security cameras

"I do not sense you are one of these men, we must pass, please step aside, we do not wish to make this situation escalate more that it already has," a girl among the jedi spoke out to him, taking a defensive stance.

Orpheus only looked onward at her, before speaking out in a firm voice, "your senses in the force are quite accute...but do not let that lead you to believe that I am not here to aid them. Then again..." he mused, trailing off.

"I do not intend for you to go any further than this," he told them. "So it is I who will be asking you to stand down, or else you'll have to get past these four men, and after them comes me, and you're not getting past me," he told them, lifting his hand from under his cloak and wagging a fingure at them.

Strider nodded, and immediately led the way towards the group. It did not take long for them to catch up with the younger Jedi. Strider came up behind them, looking at the four Seren and the man in the cloak.

"So...we've got company eh?" he said, looking over his shoulder to Emukiel. "If anything needs to be done, it's my turn space dust, you took all the other fun," Strider said with a grin, then turning back to the enemies.

He turned back and faced the group igniting his blade and stepping to the front. Strider was an intimidating figure, standing over six feet with his cold blue eyes. He decided now would be okay to let the rest of the Sith know just what they were dealing with.

"So we're not getting past huh? Would you like to make that a bet?" he taunted, spinning his lightsaber and holding it defensively with one hand, his other hand to the side, unclenched, waiting in case he also had to call upon the Force as well for an interesting duel.

From behind Orpheus and the Seren Marauders the Jedi had a plain view of Asa's detachment as they moved the shipment to the docks. While the others moved on, Asa paused melodramatically to look over at the group, her form was nearly invisible under a veil of intimidating nature.

From under the pitch blackness under her hood, she smiled silently 'Savour your demise, Sith...' she allowed her thoughts to pick up so that he could hear them clearly. With that the black figure vanished into the shadowy corridors after the group, the case was already locked in, the ship was primed and ready to launch.

The Matt-black Nubian royal-class ship lifted silently from the pad as the ceiling slip in two to allow them passage. From outside it appeared as if the bay doors had opened and closed without reason, the vessel slipping out of the visible realm and into the atmosphere.

"So we're not getting past huh? Would you like to make that a bet?" A man who had come up behind the young jedi said, holding his saber defensively.

Orpheus stepped out towards the man, just as the man had done, Orpheus standing a little straighter, the man was indeed imposing, but Orpheus was yet more, the supposed Sith standing 11 inches taller than the man before him, Orpheus being an unnatural 7 feet tall. "No, I don't think I'm up for winning any bets," Orpheus told him in a serious manner. "But...I am quite surprised by your cocky and arrogant demeaner, especially for someone your age," Orpheus said, smiling slightly.

"But enough, the girl challenged me first, so it is her who gets first rights to fight me, if she so chooses, I am, as a matter of fact, a man of strange custom; besides, it's only polite to let ladies go first," Orpheus said, the slightest hint of something sinister in his voice, a grin creeping onto his face.

'Savour your demise, Sith...' came a veiled message through the force from the girl, Asa, as she left with the artifacts and such. 'I promise you, I will,' Orpheus sent in retort, as if death held no meaning to him, and as if he were taunting her dramatic words.

Orpheus looked over at the four Seren Marauders, nodding to them, they seemed to understand, backing away until they slipped into the shadows dissapearing. "They have served their purpose, so I have sent them...away, now it's just us," he told them.

Orpheus nodded in the direction of the girl, "you were the first to challenge me, so what say you, will you fight me?"

(Lol, BKK is right everyone, Faroid closed the system of the installation so nobody is going anywhere any time soon)

Lyla stared at Orpheus. The man stood tall and strong. She was a good 2 feet and a half smaller than him. Juhn-Kai had caught up to the group and looked at Orpheus glancing at him, recognizing him immediately. Juhn-Kai was one of the Jedi from before the first order was established and he knew Orpheus to be almost the same.

- "So that is what you have reduced yourself to Umbar? I thought you'd at least have enough common sense not to join the Seren after what we once talked about" - Juhn-Kai said to Orpheus. Juhn-Kai imagined Orpheus would be surprised to have someone call him by his true name.

Lyla glanced from Juhn-Kai back to Orpheus. Juhn-Kai shrouded his thoughts and sent a message to Lyla through his mind.

"I believe that even with Skywalker's training, you are too young to engage this oponent, I advice you to let Strider take this battle", Lyla upon hearing this understood it, the man was not like the Seren and everything diferent about him made him even more dangerous. Lyla looked at Orpheus.

- "I think Strider will go nuts if he doesn't participate in anything exciting, and because I am not so cruel as to make him suffer, then I believe I will trade my place in this battle with him" - Lyla said. Lyla did not like to have to step aside but you fight the fights that need fighting and if you fight, you must win and in this case the odds were not good for her but for Strider it was a completely different story.

Archived