Home

Jedi Knights: Masters of the Force (Rewriten)

Shana

Emukiel walked out of the Ragnarok and followed Lyla and Kyle, jumping into the speeder as well before seeing a dark figure ahead. Silently, he watched the figure before stepping back out of the vehicle and standing tall.

"I'll handle this" he said before starting to walk forwards to meet the still approaching man.

------

Faroid nodded at the holographic image and looked out the window again.

"Yes, master. I shall await for you to join us shortly" he said before bowing and the hologram shutting down. He picked up a dark set of robes to cover himself and put them on, even drawing the loose hood on. Silently, he walked out of the room and looked at the man waiting next to the door.

"Go" the Equine said. The bulky man nodded and rushed off to cause disturbance as he was told to do so any guards sent for the spaceport would be delayed. The Jedi himself continued his way out of the building and to the very same backdoor the Jedi would be using. He waited until all of them got out, including Emukiel and then came out of the shadows, approaching them as a menacingly dark figure.

------

Emukiel and the mysterious man met halfway and both tilted their heads slightly to see each others better, then straightened their postures before grabbing their lightsabers and with a very swift draw they had their lightsabers out, pointing at each others' throats. They had stopped perfectly as the lightsaber blades were still parted from the throats. The seemingly ewually matched men then both smiled and the mystery man drew down his hood and let his robes go.

"A mutual friend sent me to aid you" the Equine said before they put away their lightsabers and bowed at nearly the same time.

"I am Faroid Farfalla" the mystery man said as they straightened up and Emukiel smiled.

"I knew your ancestor, but I doubt he was the one to send you" Emukiel said before the Equine Jedi nodded.

"My Master will catch up with us later" he said before they returned to the speeder, climbed on an sat down next to each others.

"Please welcome Faroid Farfalla, a Jedi Knight wishing to aid us" Emukiel introduced to the group and looked at the Equine who merely nodded silently and observed the very interesting group. The Weequay already knew who had trained the Equine and closed his eyes to meditate upon it, slowly and quietly searching for his old friend from the nearby systems.

'Where are you?' he thought quietly to himself as he skimmed throught planets

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Juhn-Kai Ryu was aboard a small, battered and old jedi starfighter that was recovered from Geonosis in one of his visits. The Hyperdrive module was left behind as the ship detached itself from the module leaving it to orbit around the blue planet.

The ship's signature was changed from it's original to a merchant ship called The Cook's Pan which he thought to be hilarious and always was considered to not be a threat until someone saw that it was indeed a Jedi ship, but by the time anyone realized this it was already too late and Juhn-Kai was already done with his business.

He sensed his old friend reaching out with his senses and he grinned.

"Right behind you old friend....just kidding, on my way, I'll meet with you shortly", Juhn-Kai said in his mind to his old friend, he was glad to find Emukiel.

Juhn-Kai landed his ship somewhere in the outskirts of the city but near the research facility.

"I will await you here", he thought and remained hidden but always watching, his presence completely masked just like Emukiel and Strider.

Strider sat in the speeder, quietly keeping to himself, which was unusual. He was usually the one giving instruction, or leading, when helping with Jedi missions, but in this case, he was allowing Lyla to lead, as he originally intended. He nodded a silent greeting to Faroid, not speaking in case anyone on this planet watching them would recognize him.

"It will be done..." Asa bowed once more and left the ancient to his view of the Jedi's disguised vessel, she called for a group of seven of her brethren to meet her in the small Meditation area; they were dark and foreboding, much like herself dressed in concealling dark robes that hid their true natures. Each weilded the Black-Blade lightsabres of the Brotherhood and each willing to give their lives for the cause.

"Our lord Tulak Hord wishes me to send you to greet the Jedi on behalf of the Brotherhood, now I won't lie to you there are powerful members among them and your chances are slim, personally I would not have ordered such a waste of valuable Seren members but My master has made it clear that I follow Lord Tulak's orders. Keep them guessing, Let them make the first move and may the force be with you!" It was not a great speech but they understood, all eight present bowed in a circle of respect.

The Seven turned and marched out in a roughly-uniform fashion, leaving Asa looking to their rereating backs, unable to keep a smile from her enshrouded face...

Horus jumped into the speeder. He noticed Strider being more passive then he thought he usually was.

"So Lyla are we going to have to do some "Work" (note by "Work" Horus means anything that has to do with a lightsaber)

The lightsaber in Horus's modified robes fumbled around. He hoped it wouldnt fly out of his robes. Suddenly Horus felt something in the force he never felt before. It was as if someone was waiting for them.

Lyla looked around concerned and then looked at Horus.

- "It is most likely" - Lyla said and then looked at the speeder pilot and nodded. The pilot accelerated once everyone was on board and headed towards the installation to which they arrived without much trouble. Everything was quiet, too quiet.

As they stopped and got out, Emukiel took a deep breath and leaned onto his cane once more as he stood right outside the speeder. The Equine beside him stood silently also and took an equally deep breath. They closed their eyes nearly at the same time and concentrated to reaching out with the Force. As the two let out the breath and opened their eyes, Emukiel was the first of the two to react, dropping his robes on the ground as well as his cane. With the force he picked them up and slipped them back inside the speeder for safekeeping.

"There is a trap ahead" Faroid said and looked at the complex infront of them.

"So we must act before they can give the go" Emukiel said quietly and closed his eyes once again, this time concentrating on himself. His eyes opened and the barrier that had once limited his force signal from glowing so bright, was now brighter than a Supernova against a completely black backround. His power had grown immensely since he had last given out the full of his force signature. Some might say it was because the Force was flowing in him much more as it had been harnessed to keep him from dying or because he had in the past centuries grown more wiser on the secrets of the force.

Anywho, Emukiel stepped forth from the group and looked at the building infront of them with a rejuvenated grin. Those who had seen him millenias before, even via dreams, would know that he was once again embracing his Jedi Lordship like when he was one in several conflicts of the past until the Ruusan reformation took it away from him.

"Lyla. You're the mission leader I suppose, what do you wish us to do?" the Weequay asked before the device on his belt beeping, noting that his ship had landed in a nearby body of water safely. At the same time, Emukiel sent a very short message to Juhn-Kai.

'Don't you dare on missing out on all the fun again' the message rang inside the ancient Jedi's mind with the voice of Emukiel.

Orpheus had arrived on Serenno awhile ago, he had just been sitting about in the complex out of the way, and inconspicuous.

The hooded man got up, only his lower facial features evident, as before. He approached Tulak, coming up behind him, he spoke only loud enough for him to hear.

"Always the confident one, Tulak. I'm wondering what plan you have concocted for these jedi, Tulak, and whether I should be allowed in on this plan, seeing as your master assured me that all of you here would follow my orders, including you. Would you care to enlighten me?" He asked in a mischievious manner, a cold smile spreading across his face.

He walked up and stood next to the once dead Sith Lord, leaning forward on his Light Spear, which seemed nothing more than a semi-smooth walking stick, he stared at what the Sith Lord was staring at with odd amusement.

Strider's eyes flickered over at Emukiel. For a fraction of a second, they seemed a brighter blue than usual. Strider admired his immense power, although his own was very comparable to it, he had a strict moral to never use his full strength, save on challenging bouts versus the True Sith in the Unknown Regions during his time of vanishment many years ago, or during a sparring bout with Riebe at one point in his life. The power he had accumulated in probably half the time Emukiel had despite his age was immense, and he had made it a point to himself one day to seek Emukiel on guidance on how to pass the knowledge on when he would decide his time getting involved was done.

His own hand went to his lightsaber hilt now. "It is too quiet, and I too sense the trap. Everyone stay alert," he advised.

Horus put his hands into his robes. But instead of feeling the rod of his hilt. He felt his Dl-44 blaster Pistol. Right next to it was his hilt. But he quickly retracted his hand. Soon he started to move his hand forward. Trying to sense anything. But he couldn't.

"If this is a trap our enemies sure are trying to make themselves unnoticed"

Horus went back to his robes and took out his lightsaber but didn't ignite it. Even though he had the impulse to. He didn't want to start a large battle just like that

"Well, that is the definition of a trap," Leilani muttered, fingering the hilt of her lightsaber beneath the cloak. With her left hand, she tugged lightly at the clasp holding the cloak in place. "Walking into something intended to end your life..." She smiled faintly and looked over to Strider.

"Someone we both know once said, 'If you walk into a trap with expectations of how it's going to spring on you, you'll be caught in it. With nothing expected, nothing will surprise you and you can move with what actually happens.' "

Uie'Sha began sniffing at the air, focussing his ability to further empower his senses. "I sense them and I can smell them... Close..." he paused for a moment.

In a flash his white-bladed sabre was active in the Soresu stance, turning to the rear of the group where a black-robed individual materialized out of thin air. Several others did the same as they decloaked in a circle surrounding the grouped Jedi.

He could sense purpose, not the false confidence evident in the Sith, leading him to believe these were a part of something much worse.

Much unlike the sith, they did not attack at first nor show any sign of aggression until they had completed a brief study of the group, igniting the infamous black lightsabres.

Six wielded standard lightsabers while the seventh held one in either hand, the black blades as dark as the complete absence of light.

"If it was a trap, we walked right into it..." Uie'Sha muttered, studying his opponent's behaivior, though they were completely silent and still, further placing them from dark jedi.

"Surrender... You will not be harmed... Give up your weapons and surrender..." their apparent leader stated, his pair of lightsabers humming in tune with his sullen voice; Uie'Sha guessed he was a Chiss due to his strange accent.

As the men appeared, Emukiel did not even flinch. As a veteran of many battles, his reactions were automatc in high-stress situations and his lightsaber flickered on and he got into his ready stance that reminded much of the Ataru opening stance. The Equine Jedi's blue lightsaber also was turned on and the man stepped back into a Niman starting stance. The two Jedi looked around at the group before Emukiel turned to see the leader with a slight grin on his face, knowing obviously something the enemy didn't. He could feel the presence of Juhn-Kai now that the Weequay had released the block from his force.

"And who might you be to request such a thing?" Emukiel asked simply and looked continuously at the supposedly Chiss figure. He was quite ready to release a chain lightning upon the entire circle if the men would attempt to come any closer than they were now

Tulak could see everything from where he stood and simply did not even look at Orpheus but only smirked.

- "I do not sense him telling you that you could command me, and given the fact that he did not, I do what I will, my purpose is commanded directly from Morbiöus. I am afraid I can not waste my time following orders from the likes of you" - Tulak said and put his cloak on as he did - "Now by your leave, I have business to attend to".

Tulak walked away leaving Orpheus behind.

=========================

Lyla did not reach for her lighsaber at the sight of the men, she stood there looking around assesing the situation. When she heard the robed man command them to drop her weapons she turned to him and grinned.

- "Well, that's going to be a bit of a problem" - Lyla said now reaching into her robes and taking her two lightsabers from her belt - "You see I have a physical problem that when I grip something into my hands, I can't seem to let go but it only happens with my lightsabers to be honest".

==========================

Juhn-Kai watched the scene from far away, he grinned at the sight of it. He knew Emukiel and Strider were more than capable of handling everything and the other knights with them were no push overs for what he could sense. But he did not want to barge in just yet, he was waiting for the oportune moment.

"Commonly known as Rigor Mortis, though it usually only occurs when one has died... Perhaps you forsee your near future thourgh action when I try to pry the lightsabre from your cold grip?" his comment was disturbingly idle yet well-versed for a Chiss, not a hint of anger nor frustration as his comrades chuckled, focussing on the two elder Jedi with a small interest in the 'freak of nature' as Emukiel called him.

There was a moment of silence where niether party said nothing and barely moved, it felt weird to have been ambushed and hardly attacked besides a verbal offensive.

"Would you care to make the first move or is it our turn?" Uie'Sha was growing impatient, he could see these were not dark siders but grey like himself, they were studying the group's actions and patiently waiting for the Jedi to flinch to exploit that weakness.

one excrutiating minute later, the first of the Seren charged, evenly spreading the offensive with Emukiel being chosen by the leader.

((I'll leave you guys to deal with your opponents, I can't rp all of them at once... the pause has dragged on long enough :) ))

Strider's blade had not yet been ignited, however, his opponent was defeated quickly enough as if it had been the whole time. One of the Seren rushed at Strider, drew back and swung his black lightsaber ferociously. Strider moved in a quick blur, dodging the swings, then driving his boot onto the shin of the man, he grabbed the Seren's arm and twisted his arm, disarming him of his lightsaber and moving his own arm against the small of his back (like a police-hold restraint), then pressed the hilt of his lightsaber to the man's back, quickly activating and deactivating it, a glimpse of the dark blue blade only seen for a quick second before the man crumpled to the ground with a look of surprise on his face. Strider called the man's lightsaber to his hand and hooked it on his belt. He would examine this black lightsaber later for evidence.

Uie'Sha's opponent charged in with controlled malice, though in a move completely unexpected from his half-bothan target, his blade was parried off to the right and was caught in a vicious grip around his human neck, Uie'Sha displaying his physical prowess by lifting him off his feet and using the momentum to brutally pull his neck down again, snapping it audably.

He idly caught the man's lightsabre as it fell due to him having no time to even react with it. Looking over at Strider, who also took the prize for examination, he nodded and moved to help the others, assured that the grumpy pile of animated dust would be more than capable of handling his opponent.

Leilani's approach to her enemy was similar to Strider's in the fact that she did not switch her saber on until the very end, but she took an approach that may have reminded Strider of Reibe by toying with the opponent. He took several swings at her, but none of them connected, no matter how hard he tried to anticipate her movement. And in the final seconds, Strider would have seen a move used by Reibe on several different occasions.

When her opponent thrust forward, intending to jab his blade straight through her, Leilani spun to the side, avoiding the blacklight blade by less than a centimeter, and colliding body to body with the enemy. Then, she wrapped her right arm around his waist and angled her body slightly away before flicking two switches on her lightsaber, the first to activate the second setting, and the second to power it on, sending the smaller, alternate blade of her dual-phase lightsaber through his gut and narrowly missing her own side.

With a grunt, the man leaned heavily against the smaller woman, all his strength leaving him. As he fell, Leilani twisted her weight from beneath him and deftly plucked his lightsaber from his grip as he fell beside her. With a nod, she switched off both blades and tucked the blacklight saber away into a pocket in her armor while clasping her own back to her belt.

Feirod lunged into a duel with one of the black-claded opponents and utilised ancient swordsman techniques that most of the group had probably not seen for millenias. Juhn-Kai had indeed tought him well, as the duel was over after two parries and a strike. To be more detailed, the Equine Jedi had parried first the opponent's strike to the chest, then a swing towards his left leg and then had with a simple roll moved the opponent's lightsaber out of the way and cut a deep wound across the chest of the opponent, so ending the battle and keeping the opponent alive in pain beyond their imagination. He could feel the pain even if the opponent was not screaming and so picked up the black lightsaber as well, placing them crossed on both sides of the man's head and then cut the head clean off, ending the pain and bowing his head in respect to the dead force-user. Out of similiar respect, he destroyed the lightsaber by throwing the hilt into the air and then slicing throught it several times with his own lightsaber before walking back to the group, giving only a glimpse towards the duel of Emukiel and the Chiss leader. He could see from the grin of the Weequay master he enjoyed every second of it, which was deep down the cause why he used such a form of lightsaber combat.

------

Emukiel grinned as the leader chose him as his opponent and jumped over the Chiss man with the force, spinning wildly as he did so, his lightsaber causing a whirlwind-like tail behind him as the leader just watched on, depending on getting the first strike as the man fell down. However, it didn't go as the leader planned and as he began an attack towards the Weequay who was fetching for balance that split second after he touched ground, suddenly one of his lightsaber deactivated. Not knowing why it happened, the man waited for what would happen and so it was too late to try anything to save the crumbling lightsaber. when the lightsaer heated up, the Chiss finally dropped the weapon and continued this attack towards Emukiel who had his other fist infront of him, explaining by that how the man's weapon had been subjected to the force power known as Crush. As the two engaged in a fierce lightsaber duel, the Weequay toyed with the man as long as he could until he found that he was the only one fighting anymore. he looked at the rest of the Jedi before shrugging, doing ome simple distracting maneuvers with his lightsaber and then cut wounds on both of the man's shoulder with such precise points of contact that the leader of the group fell down with his lightsaber, screaming of agony. Emukiel stepped on the man's chest and picked up the black lightsaber. Concentrating on it, he felt the power it held and the power that had caused such a crystal to be created before using force crush on the crystal, destroying it while leaving the hilt intact. Dropping the opponent's hilt onto the ground next to him, he placed his own lightsaber at the side of the man's throat, ready to cleave throught if he had to.

"I've felt this before... Tell us who you're working for and I might just save your life. Is it a Sith?"

The man's screaming lasted only for a moment as he concentrated on the last moments of his life, his glowing red eyes staring into those of his conquerer, a wicked smile spread across his face as he moved to bite the air, snapping his teeth together and breaking the false tooth and releasing concentrated Dioxus into his lungs, killing him within seconds.

"Everyone alright?" Uie'Sha began checking the bodies of the fallen, uttering a prayer to the force as was his custom. He couldn't help but wonder, their foe knew that the Jedi were no novices yet they send a suicide welcoming commitee...

Emukiel returned to the group and glanced back at the building infront of them.

"They were observing our moves right from the start. You should know that strategy better than any of us, huh?" Emukiel noted to Uie'Sha, showing that he would keep giving him hell now that he disappointed the Weequay Jedi in their short private duel. Feirod walked to them and the two Jedi standing beside each others clipped their now shut down lightsabers on their belts. The Equine looked at the group and nodded with approval. He was honored to be included in such a group's struggle.

Emukiel saw that everyone had gathered together again and shook his head slowly.

"They are doing something horrible in there. The crystals they use are synth crystals made by a Sith defeated ages ago. I do not know if this is the same Sith, an apprentice that has learned the method from a decending line of masters going up to the Sith or a Dark Jedi that has learned from a holocron how to make such a synth crystal. But nonetheless, we are not in good odds against these crystals. Use the Force as much as you can and when you get into a duel, avoid having long contacts between the blades at all costs. If you are familiar with the form Sokan, use it to your best advantage" Emukiel said and looked at the building again with a worried look

"I do not sense him telling you that you could command me, and given the fact that he did not, I do what I will, my purpose is commanded directly from Morbiöus. I am afraid I can not waste my time following orders from the likes of you," Tulak told Orpheus, turning to leave.

"True enough," Orpheus confirmed with a simple comply, his smile still dancing upon his lips. "But before you attend to your business, I would ask one thing," he said, turning to face the back of the once dead Sith Lord.

"What can I do?" He asked, a glint could be seen under his hood from his hidden eyes. "I know, that 'the likes of me,' are not enjoyed here, but even you know that I am not like other sith. So tell me, what orders would you have me carry out? Considering I have nothing better to do right now, and I haven't received further instructions from Morbiöus," the supposed sith asked, his voice held the oddest bit of cold joy in it.

The Seren known only as Asa stepped in between them, facing Orpheus as Tulak continued out. "You forced your way into the order, Master Morbiöus demanded that we follow Tulak Hord's orders... if you wish to work with us then work with us and follow suit..." she physically was not intimidating, with a thin build and standing only around five-foot-six, though behind the perpetual shadow under her hood there lay a foreboding malice that even Morbiöus respected. Her words were felt like the icy cold edge of a death threat, ebbing upon the intent to carry out the hidden darkness.

-----------------------------------

"Has anyone ever told you that you have the uncanny ability to sound like a pre-adolescent human girl?" Uie'Sha commented with a dead-pan face; there was no humor in the remark, he despised it when people held grudges, knowing that he had nothing to prove to the immature ancient.

During the combat Lyla had taken down her oponent quickly. The enemy swung his lightsaber at her to her left in a diagonal slice from his shoulder down to her hip which she parried with her right lightsaber and quickly spun holding her left lightsaber upside down in her hand which she placed swiftly on his stomach and turned the blade on thrusting it through. The man fell dead shortly after loosing the grip on his lightsaber. Lyla used the force to pick the black lightsaber from the ground and with a bit more concentration she separated the lightsaber into pieces which quickly fell to the ground, only the crystal remained hovering in the air which she took in her hand and placed it in her pocket.

After this she walked over to Emukiel and the group.

- "I am worried, something tells me these men where sent here to die" - Lyla said.

- "Indeed, the Seren are not as easy oponents as the ones you just faced, these are scouts. Use by the Seren to build their oponents overconfidence. Afterwards they will send their marauders and weaponmasters, and if they are not enough which they almost always are, they will send the Dominators. These are the most dangerous as they do not fight with their lightsabers, only the force" - a man in a white hood said approaching to the group. He stood a few feet away from them and removed his hood, the long silverhair looked at the group, his grey eyes scanned each and everyone of them and bowed politely. He had been watching the group fight their oponents and it was interesting to see how all of them had different styles. This gave him relief as there seemed to still be diversity among the Jedi.

- "Allow me to introduce myself, I am Juhn-Kai Ryu, ancient member of the Jedi Order and Admiral during the early years of the old republic" - Juhn-Kai said looking now at Emukiel and Strider - "Well, it is nice to see some friendly faces after all these years, how are you Eki, old friend?".

====================================

Tulak continued to walk and then glanced back at Orpheus.

- "We cannot let them interfere Lord Orpheus, I must tend to the old masters, take care of the rest of the Jedi. And Asa, I trust you'll take over the dig while I'm busy with our guests, get the vials to Morbiöus, he'll give you instructions afterwards. Don't let any 'distractions' take your eye off the prize" - Tulak said disappearing in the shadows.

A group of Seren marauders and Weaponmasters were now waiting for the Jedi, these men remained uncloaked but their abilities to remain hidden in the force were greatly developed so they waited in the shadows for the group to make their move.

The Equine jedi looked at the new arrival and bowed deep before straightening up and taking out a small holorecording that he switched on to show the blueprints of the facility they were facing. He would wait until the whole reunion thing was oer before starting to explain the holorecording more precisely.

"Long time no see indeed. Too long. The Council was concerned of your disappearance, Juhn-Kai. I hope you've improved your fighting style since we last fought together" Emukiel said and grinned jokingly while bowing his head as a hello. He then turned serious, his grin fading and look going to the building.

"I think we're up against something we both know, my old friend. I saw these crystals and senced this same shroud back during the Hundred Year Darkness. I believe we're dealing with one of the long line of minions of Morbiöus. To those of you who keep the crystals, beware from using them. They corrupt you easily. More easily than your ego would like to believe" the Weequay said as he turned to the group and then looked at the blueprints of the building.

Even after a swift glance, he could see there was no safe way inside, but they could create an alternative route by a simple laser cannon shot at one of the walls. As a response to that notice, Emukiel pressed a button on his belt that called his ship to rise from the ocean and meet up with them as swiftly as possible. And so they had a way inside.

"We can bypass the waiting minions. If we manage blast throught this wall here, we get inside hopefully with much less hassle than from the main entrance. And I have just the stuff to do that with. We have some time to plan and get acquainted before my ship gets here. After all, patience is one of the many ways of the Jedi"

Archived