Home

[TSL] Project Nemesis (W.I.P.)

The Source

[TSL] Project Nemesis: Outpost M4-78 (W.I.P.)

"Project Nemesis" will be a side-quest mod, which will give the Exile and company new items. With a quick click on the galaxymap, the Exile and his/her party will be taken to a small outpost. At this new outpost, the Exile will be able to partake in a small side-quest. Durring the Exile's interaction with the environment, he/she will unlock a plot that started five years before TSL. As he/she uncovers more information, the Exile will find truths about the Force, Jedi, and Sith.

When more details are available, I will keep you all posted.

[TSL] Project Nemesis: Outpost M4-78 (Details)

Mod For: KotoR II

Release Date: Unknown Date

Screenshots Date: Unknown Date

Local Placeables Progress: 100%

Local NPCs & Plot NPCs Progress: 100%

Animated Characters 100%

Plot Placeables Progress: 0%

Dialogue & Story Progress: 0%

Scripting Progress: 2%

Primary Testing Progress: 0%

Next Update: July - 2007

[TSL] Project Nemesis: Outpost M4-78 (Update: July 14, 2007)

Very big progress has been made.

I was itching to mod today, so I ended up doing some work. I have made some great progress on setting up my modules. I added a few more characters, so I can bring life to the modules. As of this moment, I am getting ready to add the placeables for the plot. I should be ready for story development by July 22, 2007. If all goes to plan, this mod will be ready for uploading by the second or third week in August. When more details are available, I will keep everyone in the loop.

Screenshots will reveal too much at this point. I have descided to postpone screens until the beginning of August. There is so much more work to be done, and I want this 'mini' mod to be enjoyable. I have also descided that LucasFiles.com and FileFront.com will be the dowload designations. Remember, LucasFiles.com will take a while longer, so you will just have to hang in there. I will keep you posted on a potential release date.

:: Experimentation ::

I will be experimenting with encounters and triggers. Unlike my previous mods for TSL, I want to give this one a more animated feeling. At the current moment, I have characters moving around the modules. I am hoping to get the Exile into some trouble. Hehehe...

Thank you for your time,

The Source

The Source (MacCorp)

Story Developer I, Scripting, Textures, Dialogue Creator Etc...

Darth InSidious

Creative Consultant, Story Developer II

This isn't the "Guess what it is" thread. If you want a guessing game, post here. ;)

Anymore shameless 'guessing' bumps will be deleted. Please only post if it pertains to the mod (other than guessing what it is ;) )

When/If The Source would like to indulge us more, then he can post updates :)

• 1 month later...

Name of "Project Nemesis" Revealed

Ladies and Gentlemen. If you have been following the progress of this mod, you may have wondered, "What is the big secret?". "Project Nemesis" would not be possible if it wasn't for a close friend of mine. Before I even brought up the idea of doing this mod, my close friend had allready taken certain steps. After you see the project's name, you will know why an unknown online name will be attatched to the mod. If it wasn't for her interest in technology, I don't think I would be creating this mod.

I want you to know upfront that this mod is completely original, and I have taken certain steps in keeping everything unique. Once you see the project's name, I hope that it will spark some interest. Keep in mind that this is not a BIG mod, and that I'm doing this for my own self interest. Once the mod is completed, I'm going to release the project to "LucasFiles.com". I started this mod because I wanted to have some fun. After developing the successful "The Dark Apprentice", I wanted to do something newer and similar. Side-Quest mods are a real main-stay in modding communities. Everyone who has partaken in a side-quest mod's development can tell you about their long hours and hard work.

Well, I have rambled on long enough. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the real name of "Project Nemesis":

"Outpost M4-78"

The Sith Colony is Coming!

I will be looking for testers within three weeks or so. I'm looking at a completion date towards the end of August, so this mod is going pretty quickly. If you look at the first post in this thread, you can see the mod's progress.

F.Y.I. - I'm going to use several 'cut' droids for this project. There are a handful of droids that were never implimented into the game, and I descided to use them in key locations. Remember, this mod is not a restoration project. Even though I am using elements that have been cut, I am not restoring them to their actual original uses. This mod is an entirely unique perspective and use of a few modules, which belong to the original planet M4-78. Instead of making an entire planet, I chose to make a small outpost with some modules. Yes, I will be restoring the planet to the galaxymap, so you can travel there by Ebon Hawk. No, there will be no arrival movie. I want this mod's story to be unique in all ways. I have several key characters and NPCs allready on location. I'm just about complete with level setups, and I will be heading into dialogue and story development on Sunday.

As of this very moment, I have 84 placeables and 60 characters on location.

Perhaps you'll be able to recruit some Team Bantha remnants.

Interesting suggestion. However, I'm mostly interested in fresh perspectives. "Team Bantha" was a restoration team, and this is not a restoration project. I do respect their attempt at being a collective, and I admire their eagerness and enthusiasim. I don't think it is in this mod's best interest to revisit the "Team Bantha" experience. I do respect and admire their conviction and creativity, but I want to keep this mod in the creative minds from "The Dark Apprentice".

• 3 weeks later...

You mentioned you didn't want to post screen-shots until August as it would reveal too much. Now that it is August and we all know it will utilize the M4-78 modules, why not post some screenies? Also, have you considered renaming this thread to "Outpost M4-78" as that is it's title?

• 2 weeks later...

Will Be Departing On: August 31, 2007 @ 12:00 PM

Over the past few weeks, I have not been around. It is getting harder and harder for me to visit. I have allready completed my two mods, and I will be releasing them on August 31, 2007. I do wish everyone happyness, success, and good health. I have been involved with some great conversations, and I take with me the experiences I had with you. If you remember a few month back, I mentioned that I would be leaving at the end of August. Well, it is allmost upon us. Over the past three years, I have grown to admire everyone's conviction, perspectives, talents, and honesty.

ChAiNz, thank you for so many things man. You and the Darkrennder have kept me feeling happy when signing on. When I was working on the "Telos: Billboard Sets", you two kept contributing to the cause.

Darth333, I know you are out there Miss Dark One. :) We had some interesting conversations, and I wished that I had the opportunity to contribute more. Thanks for the "Where am I" band.

T7Nowhere, What can I say man. Its been a long road. I want to thank you for alot. I don't have the forum space to clearify.

Stoffe, Fred, TK, All three of you should be proud. You have given to this community your time, efforts, and energy. Without your tools for KotOR, our modding capabilities would be limited. You gave so much to us, and you ask for nothing in return. Thank you.

Jae Onasi, you have helped in story editing in such a large way. Even though some of the stuff we worked on will never see the light of day, I do want to thank you for all the time we worked on projects. You have encouraged me to look deeper into the story, and you have shown me that effort pays off at the end. :)

Halowan Consortium, you know who you are. If I have to sum up who helped with the creation of "The Dark Apprentice", I would call you the "Halowan Consortium". Everyone who was involved in a two year evolution, which helped to develop one of the funnest projects that I have been on. Feedback, textures, story editing, etc... One man could not do this alone. "The Dark Apprentice" is a project that could not be done without the fun and support from everyone.

My heart is with you all, and I will miss all the fun we had. Before I ask for this thread to be closed, I will leave it open for last call feedback.

Thank you - The Source (MacCorp.)

• 2 weeks later...

Well The Source, if this mod is half as good as your DAP mod then I want to go ahead and thank you for two excellent mods. You and your talent will be missed:) Best of luck to you

Eefluxx

Edit: Oops, I forgot you did the Telos Billboards mod too so make that three excellent mods :)

Archived