Home

NFL 07

RevanA4

and the Steelers had another blowout victory by beating the Bills 26-3. we've now beaten both of our opponents by a combined 60-10.

next week doesn't promise to get any more difficult as we host the 49ers at home. the only true offensive weapon on the 49ers sideline is Frank Gore, and Pittsburgh just doesn't let running backs get going on the ground. Alex Smith and the receiving corps are going to have to finally prove that they can move the ball down field through the air, and quite frankly, i just don't see that happening against the Steelers.

Willie Parker should have a decent day, but the 49ers do have a pretty good run defense. the problem is if the 49ers can stop Big Ben from throwing the football. he put up a solid 21-of-34 for 242 yards, one pick , and one score. and he has quite a few targets to choose from. it might even be possible to set up the run with the pass for this game.

either way, i just don't see the 49ers doing much on offense against the Steeler's D. my prediction: Steelers 24, 49ers 10.

moving on to Carolina, man was that a lousy game. Steve Smith and Jake Delhomme were the only two players to really show up on the field which is evidenced by their incredible numbers. the Texans did a good job of stopping the run and getting some pressure on Delhomme, but it really boils down to this: Carolina should've put up a much better effort on defense and special teams. this loss is completely unacceptable.

oh yeah, and the cheatin' Pats win again. :rolleyes:

Wow! Did anyone see that game? Thats just crazy.
I watched the end of the game, after the network cut away from the Panthers vs. Texans game. I couldn’t get over Derek Anderson matching Carson Palmer touchdown for touchdown passing (actually one less, but 5 is pretty good). I thought Brandy Quinn would be the starter by week 8, but if Anderson keeps this up Quinn should get use to his view from the bench. Although I think the 5 touchdown passing had a little to do with Cincinnati’s defense. Jamal Lewis’ 215 yards rushing was impressive too, but it just proves the Bengals can’t stop the run or the pass.

I was impressed with the Tennessee’s defense against the Colts in a losing effort. Young didn’t play bad, but I felt the Titans played a little too conservative, but that is Jeff Fishers style.

I wouldn’t have been surprised with a 34 to 21 score in the Houston vs. Carolina game, but I would have thought it would have been Carolina 34 and Houston 21, with Houston getting two late cheap touchdowns to make it close. Instead the Panthers jumped on the Texans 14 to nothing before the Texans scored 34 points in a row. The Texans are 2-0 for the first time in their history!

I watched most of the Bears vs. Kansas City game. At one moment the Bears look very dominating and a moment later they just look average. One thing is Hester is a man among boys in this game. If I was the opponent I’d either kick every kick out of bounds or just go for it on fourth down. Maybe Chicago should try Hester at quarterback. :)

The Bengals/Brown game wasn't on tv up here, so I couldn't watch it. :( Quite a game from what I hear. But, yeah, the Bengals defense really blows. Giving up 51 points.... to the Browns?!?! ****, I didn't think they would score that many points until mid-season. Even, with Carson Palmer tossing 6 TD's and Ocho Cinco and T.J scoring a pair each, they couldn't hold the Browns offense.

Regarding Derek Anderson... quite a game for him. Too bad, the Browns picked Brady Quinn because if he ****s up, Quinn will likely take the reigns has the starter. Hopefully, for his sake, he's consistent.

@stingerhs - I stand corrected. ;)

and the Steelers had another blowout victory by beating the Bills 26-3. we've now beaten both of our opponents by a combined 60-10.

Normally I would be right there with on rooting for the Steelers. However until The Liar aka Mike Tomlin is gone. I won't have anything to do with them. So I will be rooting first for the Redskins and secondly for the Patriots (my mother's team).

I must have missed something. What's the scoop with Tomlin? What'd he lie about? I thought the Steelers were doing good this year.

They are doing well in the win loss column.

Chet Fuhrman who is a cousin of mine, worked as the Strength and Conditioning coach during Cowher's entire time in Pittsburgh. The liar told Chet that he would be retained for the 2007 season. Yet 24 hours later he was replaced by Garrett Giemont. Chet was JoePa's S&C coach before coming to Pittsburgh.

Well, I'm depressed... Not only are my Saints 0-3, which is bad enough, but we lost Deuce for the season with a torn ACL...

Well, maybe next year...

Good time for an off week for the Saints, the season is far from over, but your right without Deuce it isn’t looking bright for the Saints. Bush is a great second running back, but he needs the brute force of LenDale White (at USC) and Deuce MaAllister (at New Orleans) to be spectacular. Hopefully, Bush will prove me wrong and Sean Payton can get thing straightened out with Drew Brees and the Saints can still have a good season. I’m sorry for two of the Saints losses, but the Monday night loss had me excited. Although by the end I felt sorry for Drew Brees, but at least Bush got into the end zone twice.

Vince Young has now been an official started for the equivalent of one NFL season (16 games) and his record is 10-6. Unlike the Saints, I believe the Titans off week is coming at the wrong time right after their first prime time victory in years.

Although the Texans record is better than the Saints (at this time) they are suffering with the same injury problem. Without offensive starters Steve McKinney (center-Knee), Anman Green (RB-Knee), Andre Johnson, (WR-Knee) and Jacoby Jones (WR-Shoulder) things don’t look good for the Texans to continuing their newly learned winning ways. They have been devastated both on offence and defense.

Griese to start next Bears game vs. Detroit.
About time!

I was shocked and amazed when I got back after I had missed the Lions game and saw the report. I had some confidence that we could take them down but not in such a stunning fashion. Now the Lions already have as many wins as they did all of last season. Who knows, this could be our year. The Packers are just as surprising though which could give us some trouble in the NFC North.

I was somewhat surprised to see the Steelers loose to the Cardinals but the cards have a good QB in Matt Leinart (even if he needs some seasoning yet) and Kurt warner looked closer to his old self than he has in a long time. All In all a good game.

OH yeah and how about the Giants Sacking Donovan Mcnab 12 times!! Now I'm not a fan of either team but com'on what was up with that final score of 16-3? Looks like the giants are gonna have a hard time this season if they cant capitolize on turnovers.

Well, the Brian Griese experiment worked for a little while. Too bad the Bears defense went home before the 4th quarter.
I don’t know it looked like Griese did a pretty good Grossman impersonation by throwing 3 interceptions. Chicago has to get the running game going or this will be a long season. Benson 50 yards leaves something to be desired, but with only 15 attempts compared to 52 passing attempts it might not be fair to blame Benson. Perhaps being a little more balance play calling on offense could help.

I’m just mad that Detroit scored 37 points and Roy Williams did not find the end zone.

The Bears could very well prove to be the dregs of the NFC this season.

I hate to keep quoting Star Wars characters, but I actually do have a bad feeling about this.

1. Injuries have decimated a once productive defense. All four starting defensive backs are out. Vash, Tillman, Brown(season) and Archuleta. Lance Briggs as well. Dvorcek will miss yet another whole season. He must have Mike Brown disease. There is a significant drop off in talent at this next JV level. Ogunleye has proven to be a multi-million dollar bust. I can't believe they actually made him a captain. No one else must have wanted the job. Danieal Manning should never even put on a Bears uniform for the rest of his life. We need safeties to hit, wrap and tackle and fly to the ball. He's obviously allergic to all of those skills.

2. Everyone wants to blame the QB and Cedric for the lack of offensive production, and they should, to a point. But the problem stems much, much deeper. This geriatric offensive line couldn't block themselves to the parking lot. Especially that doofus Fred Miller, the right tackle. I'm quite sick of watching that pityful O-line collapse on every single, stinkin' play, whether it be run or pass. Olin Kreutz cannot block everyone for Pete's sake. John Tait, the left tackle, the one assigned to protect the QB's blind side, is gonna get someone killed. Ruben Brown played before they had facemasks on helmets. Dan Marino, Roger Staubach, or even the great John Elway would be hard pressed to throw a good pass with these untalented clowns.

3. The Grossman experiment may have just doomed this team for years to come. '04, '05, and '06 were the years that this championship defense was at it's best. Lovie Smith's insistance on Rex Grossman during this time may have wasted one of the best defenses the Bears will see in a while. As they sit and age, the next bevey of draft picks will certainly have to be on offense. I'm thinkin', QB, O-line, perhaps a fullback who blocks. There can't be much defensive attention next draft which will leave them decimated for years.

4. Ron Turner's playbook must be posted on the web for everone to read. The Bears have run the same set of plays since the beginning of time with hardly any adjustments at all. Upcomming team's defensive coordinators lick their chops when scouting the Bears. They know, as with the whole stadium and the 10 million people at home, exactly what the Bears are gonna run almost every play.

...and that's without using the force.

With Brett Favre conjuring up his magic and the Packers finding a defense all of a sudden, I weep for the future.

Well, maybe, just maybe a small exhaust port can be found in Lambeau field. I just fear there won't be anyone to throw a proton torpedo down it and the reign of evil will once again rule our galaxy.

The Bears could very well prove to be the dregs of the NFC this season.
It is not over yet. I remember the 1993 Houston Oilers team starting off the season 1 and 4 and then when I had given up on them the pulled off 11 victories in a roll. Let’s just not mention the Oilers annual playoff collapse please. :)

It is not over yet. I remember the 1993 Houston Oilers team starting off the season 1 and 4 and then when I had given up on them the pulled off 11 victories in a roll. Let’s just not mention the Oilers annual playoff collapse please. :)

I have two words for that, my friend mimartin: Warren Moon

The Bears don't have anything close to that kind of talent at QB.

I do appreciate the gesture though.

I know it's too early to give last rights, but my optimism is at an all time low.

Perhaps a victory over the Packers this week can reverse my feeling.

...but I'm not holding my breath.

I have two words for that' date=' my friend mimartin: Warren Moon[/quote']I meet Mr. Moon in 1993. After they lost their 4th game to start the season I won tickets to the taping of the Warren Moon show at the CBS affiliate in Houston. I must have asked 20 of my friends to go, but nobody wanted to go with the season the Oilers were having. So I went by myself and took a Sports Illustrated that had Mr. Moon on the cover. He stayed after the show, signed autographs, shook every hand and spoke to each person. I know as I was the last person in line. Bum Phillips ran out after about 20 minutes, but not Warren Moon. He stayed and once I did get up front he took his time shaking my hand signing the Sports Illustrated and discussing the article on the Oilers' woes within. When he first came to Houston I hated him, I felt he ran my childhood hero out of town, Earl Campbell. He did, but he was still a hell of a nice guy.

I meet Mr. Moon again a few years later, while I was attending a bachelor party, but that is a different story.;)

When he first came to Houston I hated him, I felt he ran my childhood hero out of town, Earl Campbell. He did, but he was still a hell of a nice guy.

From what I gather, Mr Moon is a stand-up, classy guy and always has been. I've always liked him and I still think he's one of the best and he had a great career. Definately a positive role model in a sport with so many negative entities.

...plus my sister thinks he's hot. Whatever.:)

I'll tell you what though, Earl Campbell was a beast among men. I remember him running over, around and through people. He was a force back in the day.

That's way cool you got to meet him and I'm not surprised in his attitude. He was all about his fans.

:tsk: Remember, what happens at a bachelor party stays at the bachelor party.

Archived