Home

[WIP] TSL New Weapons

Master Zionosis

Well, while I wait for my PC to be fixed I thought I'd invade my brothers PC to show off some new weapons I'm making, They're all inspired from World of Warcraft which I'm playing at the moment :D. So far I haven't got them in game as my brother doesn't have KotOR II on his PC, so at the moment all I've got is rendered 3dsMax images :), let me know what you think :D

staff1_1.jpg

staff1_2.jpg

Staff2_1.jpg

Staff2_2.jpg

Staff3_1.jpg

Staff3_2.jpg

staff4_1.jpg

staff4_2.jpg

Right, that's all your getting for now :xp: Let me know what you think, should I carry on? Or should I give up :p I might show more later :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow , MZ you're beating me in Moddeling :D

Just awesome looking and what a great texture job you done !

... you work for Blizzard ??? :lol: They're amazing :) .

So you know what Kotor weapon type you want to make them into .

Staff ? DoubleBladed swords ? Blasters ?

Wow , MZ you're beating me in Moddeling :D

Just awesome looking and what a great texture job you done !

... you work for Blizzard ??? :lol: They're amazing :) .

So you know what Kotor weapon type you want to make them into .

Staff ? DoubleBladed swords ? Blasters ?

Hehe, no I don't work for blizzard, wish I did though, lol, all I've done is recreate the weapons to the best of my ability. :D

Errr, Well I was thinking double bladed swords unless of course if I decide to create some sword models, it's just whenever I play WoW I try to use staffs and polearms, but I may make some maces or swords :)

EDIT:

Great work, Zionosis. I esp. like that last one.

Thanks Miltiades, yeah i like the last one as well, :)

The models look very good,

Why thank you Stoffe :D

though I think the textures looks a bit blurred or stretched in a way.

Nah that's just the rendered image, it blurs it up, saves size or something, lol

Some of the colors are a bit intense too, makes it look a bit like the weapons have been painted and then never used. :)

Well, ummm... Not to sure what to say to that, well when they're used in game hopefully they won't seem as new and untouched, if they do I could go back and add some... 'dirt' and scratches to the textures :)

EDIT:

great job

Thanks Shaggoth :)

Some of the colors are a bit intense too, makes it look a bit like the weapons have been painted and then never used. :)

WoW weapons always looked like that IMO. And while you've done great at making the colors true to that WoW world, maybe you should make it a bit rustier, dirtier, whatever to look like it should fit in in Kotor. But it's nevertheless an amazing job you've done so far.

WoW weapons always looked like that IMO. And while you've done great at making the colors true to that WoW world, maybe you should make it a bit rustier, dirtier, whatever to look like it should fit in in Kotor. But it's nevertheless an amazing job you've done so far.

Thanks for the comment Miltiades, well I haven't gotten them in-game yet, so they still may look alright, but if not I'll make them look rustier :)

What you could do with your render is put a curved plane behind it , give it a slightly light grey colour , instead of the white background .

THen put 3 to 4 lights around it , activate shadows in one light, put to raytrace or shadowmap , gives neat results :D

And things might look a bit less blurry or very STRONG COLORED .

Unless you gave the thing some specular maps or some glossiness ?

You could come up with some like this ;)

LOLREZNDER.jpg

Ah , rendering is fun :lol:

Wow, these are looking awesome ;)

Although i have never played World of Warcraft, just looking at these is giving me a mad urge to buy the game. Unfortunatly looking at the error message moaning about my graphics card puts me off later... :(

Still, Looking good MZ ;) I hope you can finish these soon.

And just a quick question: What base item are you going to set these as?

Wow, these are looking awesome ;)

Although i have never played World of Warcraft, just looking at these is giving me a mad urge to buy the game. Unfortunatly looking at the error message moaning about my graphics card puts me off later... :(

Still, Looking good MZ ;) I hope you can finish these soon.

And just a quick question: What base item are you going to set these as?

Thanks GM :)

As I said above I'm making more than just staffs, so where the ones I've shown already will be presented as double bladed swords, the swords I've made with be like vibroblades.

Ohhhh P.S. Buy the game, buy it buy it!!! :D It doesn't require a major graphics card, but I know it works on laptops as that's what I've been using to play it while I wait for my PC to be fixed :)

im hoping that you make this

http://wow.allakhazam.com/images/fa...egreatsword.jpg

its is my favorite model weapon in WOW, tis a shame it just a generic weapon model

Well, I wasn't planning on making it but it's fairly simple I think I could get that almost identical.

--

Woooo!! 1000 posts, wow... it only took me a year lol

Archived