Home

Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Silveredge9

Well then those files will need to be merged (likely the BOS on enter script and mine, the enter2 files are likely the original on enter script simply renamed so just use one or the other), not a really hard task if the source files for the scripts were included in the BOS mod.

Stoffe made a global.jrl merging tool for that file... linky (Near the bottom).

So you'll just need to combine our 2 mods k_ptat17_enter scripts and compile it and drop it into override and use Stoffe's merging tool for the global.jrl file.

Preemptive disclaimer: Please do not ask me to do this folks. Sorry.

Correct. This reminds me, I need to ammend my release post... :) For those of you with this particular issue, I have acquired permission to make a fix and share it with you. This fixes the scripting issue, so that the Jawa Shop will spawn correctly. It does not fix the .jrl issue, but that can be done following the link RedHawke provided.

Here is the link to the T.U.C.E. thread. This mod will either be updated for BoS:SR or it will be rendered obsolete by silveredge9 - that is up to him :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Silveredge9,

I just completed another playthrough of this mod, and I thought I'd give some feedback before the release of the new expansion. :)

(I have the orginal BOS, with a single patch to v1.07)

I've experienced a head trouble. Basically, on the bridge of Revan's ship, Matilda was missing her blue head and had instead the generic yellow one. Back on the Orion, I met her again and she still had her yellow head (with a blue body '^^). Now that she joined my party, she's recovered her correct blue head.

I had this exact same problem. Although I haven't taken a look at the mod files, I think the issue could have been caused by Matilda's alignment at that point. Since her light side alignment uses the default yellow head, this could be the source of the trouble.

Favourite bits:

1. The parts where you play as Revan before and during the Mandalorian Wars. More please! :D

2. On board the Orion when you're trying to unravel the secrets of the Brother of Shadow... Extremely atmospheric and cinematic! :thmbup1:

Least favourite bits:

1. By far the most annoying thing to happen is Matilda leaving the party... together with all the stuff I equipped on her! And not once, but twice! :(

[suggestion] Please script an unequip function before she leaves, and, if you can't re-equip her when she rejoins the party, then add her back in "clean" (ie, nekkid) so there won't be duplicate items.

2. Some of the overly-grand dialogue.

[suggestion] I used to do literature and a bit of drama in school, and one of the best lessons I learnt then was "less can sometimes be more". I know the dialogue is meant to be dramatic in some parts, but over-reliance on the grandiose parts (especially by the Brother of Shadow and Darth Revan) actually detracts from the game-playing experience because the conversation gets too "rambly" and disrupts flow. Deliver only the words that need to be said and let the audience - the gamers - make the rest of the connections in their heads.

Overall BOS was a sublime mod, and I look forward to playing the next instalment! Keep up the great work! :)

K, I just downloaded the Brotherhood of Shadows mod, & got past the Leviathan, started the main quest for the mod, found the artifact, & got into this white room with Daemon Drexel, & he is unconscious. The red guy already appeared & attacked me. Daemon Drexel is silent & I've been walking around the white room for about 30min trying to find a way out. I've got the latest patch, reinstalled it, & I have little mods installed. Is it a system problem, or a I'm Stupid problem? PLZ help! :confused: & :mad:

I had the same problem. What u have to do , is load your autosave and replay it until that spot. Once u talk to the ghost, do not click and press the answers in numbers. And once the fight is over, don't move or press anything !!! the dialog should begin ( a new one. ).

I had the same problem. What u have to do , is load your autosave and replay it until that spot. Once u talk to the ghost, do not click and press the answers in numbers. And once the fight is over, don't move or press anything !!! the dialog should begin ( a new one. ).

Thanks!:thmbup1: I'll try this once I get my game disk back.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this issue has come up before, but I wonder if there's been any progress...Has anyone here managed to get this mod up and running on a mac? Ive heard it _can_ be done.

The prologue quest worked fine on my ancient powerbook G4 running 10.4.11, but when I agree to go the Orion with Ponda (the Bith in the Tatooine cantina) the game freezes on the 'saving' screen.

I have freshly installed KotOR and BoS 1.07 (using Silver's 2da files compiled for the mac) with no other mods/restorations at all to make sure this problem is not due to some kind of a mod conflict. It's not.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Many thanks,

J

Archived