Home

Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Silveredge9

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great mod. I do have a couple of issues with it

Matilda's head wasn't right on my second play through with it. I had a lot of mods installed along with it so I am sure that that is the source of my problem :)

Second, save points. It seems after you go to the white room, there are no chances to save your game. Any chance the sequel could address this? Or is there a way to save that I couldn't figure out?

Great mod. I do have a couple of issues with it

Matilda's head wasn't right on my second play through with it. I had a lot of mods installed along with it so I am sure that that is the source of my problem :)

Second, save points. It seems after you go to the white room, there are no chances to save your game. Any chance the sequel could address this? Or is there a way to save that I couldn't figure out?

Hey Mr. Soulaxe,

The head problem is experienced with ALOT of people, and as myself and SilverEdge have said many times, it's the override problem.

Secondly, there is a way to save, although I'm not sure how, It's called Quick Save, try asking some of the more senior members around here!

Yep,

EGJason

Hey Mr. Soulaxe,

The head problem is experienced with ALOT of people, and as myself and SilverEdge have said many times, it's the override problem.

EGJason

Aye, I kind of figured that it was something on my end...

Secondly, there is a way to save, although I'm not sure how, It's called Quick Save, try asking some of the more senior members around here!

/me faceplams

F4 to quicksave

F5 to quickload

Hey! how it going? I having a problem when I talk to the bith on Tatoonie. Whenever I ask the bith if his ship is talked and he agrees to show me, the scene goes dark slowly, and i'm assuming that is when I get to a new scene and start the main quest. However, after the scene goes dark, That's is it. It just goes dark. I'm still in the cantina and i can switch between the party with the 'tab' key, but that is it.

I have the mod up to v1.07 and i do have several other mods, but all of them are restorations (both areas and dialog). Is there anything i can do to fix this?

And, i'm also sorry if this is the wrong place to put this post.

Thank you in advance!

Hey! how it going? I having a problem when I talk to the bith on Tatoonie. Whenever I ask the bith if his ship is talked and he agrees to show me, the scene goes dark slowly, and i'm assuming that is when I get to a new scene and start the main quest. However, after the scene goes dark, That's is it. It just goes dark. I'm still in the cantina and i can switch between the party with the 'tab' key, but that is it.

I have the mod up to v1.07 and i do have several other mods, but all of them are restorations (both areas and dialog). Is there anything i can do to fix this?

And, i'm also sorry if this is the wrong place to put this post.

Thank you in advance!

Not sure why this would happen. Try installing the mod and patch, and then if that doesn't do anything. When the screen goes black, you will have to open up the console and type "warp ship".

I will say first of all that I am thoroughly impressed with this mod. Almost everything you did "felt" like it belonged. More than one "Wow" escaped my lips while playing it.

Now, onto my issue....

On the Orion Matilda appeared as a human republic female in blue republic armor (the same armor Trask wears in the very beginning of the game, except it is blue).

During the cutscenes Matilda appeared as an old man in the blue republic armor.

While recruiting her she appeared again as the human republic female.

After recruiting her and currently, she appears as the same human republic female in the blue republic armor, regardless of what I have equipped on her.

(For the record, every BoS npc/mob looked like an old man in the blue republic armor....not sure if they were supposed to look like that or not)

So, using Fred's KotOR tool I hopped into the appearance, heads and portraits 2da files. I looked at your included 2da's and deduced that the 2da file I had was pointing textures and heads and such to all sorts of things, except what you intended for Matilda.

I then corrected where everything was supposed to be pointing for Matilda.

Matilda STILL is the human republic female in the blue republic armor. Nothing I have done has fixed it.

The only other Mod I am using that affects the game on any kind of grand scale is the Yavin 4 planet mod.

Any advice?

Hello everyone.

I know this is kind of late, but i have only just downloaded the original BoS mod and have a question about it. I installed the mod but have no further savegames of the original KOTOR, and therefore didn't beat it recently. My question is if you have to beat the originial Story/Game in order to be able to play BoS.

I'd appreciate an answer,

Anaro

To folks like me who have a godawful amount of mods. BoS does not play nicely with other mods. I've had to create a separate override file for the visions to trigger correctly, and then switch back once I have Matilda in the party (as the rest works), but the play-through is well worth it.

It does not appear to work too well with Yavin IV, and the problem there lies in the appearance.2da file Using a merged 2da file (2da merger) makes elements of BoS not trigger, leaving you standing around like a fool during the flashbacks.

My Game crashes right after kicking the artifact on the Orion Ship i can do everything untill there perf nut just when i get the loading screen after i examine , touch , and the kick the artifact the loading stops at about 75% and the the game crashes and i get the same eror with everything i even tried another savegame from a different point and still no effect same point same crash so plzzz if anyone has an ideea how to fix this i wold be verrry grateful.........PLZZZZ someone i really want to continue my game

My Game crashes right after kicking the artifact on the Orion Ship i can do everything untill there perf nut just when i get the loading screen after i examine , touch , and the kick the artifact the loading stops at about 75% and the the game crashes and i get the same eror with everything i even tried another savegame from a different point and still no effect same point same crash so plzzz if anyone has an ideea how to fix this i wold be verrry grateful.........PLZZZZ someone i really want to continue my game

What other mods do you have installed? Have you tried reinstalling BoS?

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome job on the mod. That was probably the most fun I've had with this game in a long time.

I have a question though. If they exist, can anyone point me in the right direction for finding more mods that let you go back in time and take over the Sith fleet? That was my favorite part. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Place: just about The whole mod

Problem: During the Entire mod, just about everything has the wrong Skin. Matilda is a Yoda-Race, the Guy that gives you the original quest is wearing Revan the White Robes from RedHawke's Item Pack, as is the Sith in the Main Quest. The Mechanic is a Female Blue Twilek, and the Matilda in the Flashback is a Rodian. The two Admirals are Both Duros, and two of the Jedi in the Flashback are wearing odd clothing, one is in a Dark Jedi suit, the other is a Mandalorian (Full Armored).

Mods installed: EZswoop, Mission Vao as Darth Talon, New DS Underwear, All three RedHawke Item Packs (Bastila/Sith, Droid item, Revan the White), Make Mission a Jedi Mod, with Booster

Additional: I am given 10 Warnings when I try to install the pack:

Warning: A file named ship2_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named ship3_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named ship4_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named ship5_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named ship6_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named ship_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named vision1_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named vision3_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named vision4_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named Vision5_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

I notice that it seems that none of these are in the Override folder, which is the only one I cleared out, so would that be why it says that? I recived nothing of the same thign when I was installing patch 1.07

Place: just about The whole mod

Problem: During the Entire mod, just about everything has the wrong Skin. Matilda is a Yoda-Race, the Guy that gives you the original quest is wearing Revan the White Robes from RedHawke's Item Pack, as is the Sith in the Main Quest. The Mechanic is a Female Blue Twilek, and the Matilda in the Flashback is a Rodian. The two Admirals are Both Duros, and two of the Jedi in the Flashback are wearing odd clothing, one is in a Dark Jedi suit, the other is a Mandalorian (Full Armored). EDIT: These are before I completely reset my Override Folder, and I reinstalled everything, using the Brotherhood of Shadow Last

Mods installed: EZswoop, Mission Vao as Darth Talon, New DS Underwear, All three RedHawke Item Packs (Bastila/Sith, Droid item, Revan the White), Make Mission a Jedi Mod, with Booster

Additional: I am given 10 Warnings when I try to install the pack:

Warning: A file named ship2_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named ship3_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named ship4_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named ship5_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named ship6_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named ship_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named vision1_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named vision3_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named vision4_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

Warning: A file named Vision5_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

I notice that it seems that none of these are in the Override folder, which is the only one I cleared out, so would that be why it says that? I recived nothing of the same thign when I was installing patch 1.07

Because you did not uninstall your game. None of the above warning correspond to anything in your Override folder... if you read the warning, it tells you which folders the files are in.... You have installed BoS on top of itself, and you have installed it with a bunch of older mods that were not made with the handy TSLPatcher for easy installations. The files that were skipped were skipped because they are already (and still) installed.

I recommend for you this - and it ain't nothing nice - start over. Keep your saves if you like, although some will be invalidated by your more correct re-installation process.

Install your mods in this order -

1. All RedHawke mods - they are self compatible by design. This includes Make Mission a Jedi.

2. Consider seriously whether or not you want/need both Mission mods - I think you should choose one or the other, and I suspect the source of your problem lies in either one of those mods appearance.2da's.

3. Underwear mod. EZSwoop.

4. Last, as you did before, BoS.

Rest assured, BoS is not the source or your appearance.2da problems. If you have BoS alone installed with your game, all things will appear as they should.

I really believe the core of your problem is with the Mission as Talon/Make Mission a Jedi mods.

Its no biggie for me to restart my game, I'm just glad you informed my of what screwed up, so I'll drop the Darth Talon Mod.

just so I'm sure, I need to install the Three Red Hawkes, and the Misson a Jedi, then Underwear and Swoop, then BoS? Gotcha, I'll do that, Thank you very much

I was having the same problem before I installed the Darth Talon/Mission a Jedi mods, so those might have just been installed in the wrong way

You could always use the KSE to make Mission a jedi without the mod.

Is that the one where you save a Level up for Mission, then level her up in the like, one second before your forced to level up as a Jedi for the first time? I could never manage to make it in time before that happens, if your talking about something else, I don't know about it, I've never heard of KSE

Ahhh. Thanks, but, to the other guy, I removed the game, and completely Re-installed it, but I am getting the exact same Warnings.

I just finished reinstalling the entire thing, and the Mods, so when I manage to get back to it (When I get time), I'll see how it works

Archived