Home

You guys suck for not talking about Brütal Legend

Metallus

I did talk about it on my just-revived blog (Touché, Remi!), so I was clearly out of anything more substantial to say. ;

Really though, it does look like it's going to be ace. I can't think of much negative to say at all based on what we've seen, and the info that this has been something Tim's wanted to make since the Monkey Island 1 era is pretty cool.

Snagged brutal-legend.net and brutallegend.net. ;D

We suck for not talking about a game that we were explicitly asked to not talk about, and in a rare display of web-journalistic integrity we agreed to do, as a favour to the man who is making the game.... Jeez. You guys don't even deserve the gameplay footage we have to show you. In fact, I'm phoning Jake right now!

But yeah, this will be excellent. Especially if Ozzy Osbourne is involved... also I hope there is a Leisure Suit Larry-style quiz at the beginning, so that if you do not rock you cannot play. Or something equally right-wing and in my favour.

Also, this is kind of ironic, all things considered:

"I was riding a bus, thinking about a game that would be the complete opposite of what we were working on, The Secret of Monkey Island. And Brutal Legend leapt into my head."

Well, okay, we're counting it as rumour-speculation then. Still fun.

One thing I did notice... Tim had three main games at LucasArts, right? Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango. Any see the same sort of theme going with Double Fine's games? Psychonauts has a lot of the weirdness, the swirly purple vortex, and cartoony-yet-surreal feel of DOTT, Brütal Legend definitely has a Full Throttle thing going for it... will Double Fine's third game have an Afterlife-undead-skeletons-film noir feel? You heard the prediction first from Mystic Ting!

:guitar2

Archived