Home

Guitar Hero III - Your thoughts (no jackasses allowed)

BongoBob

Well, now that it's out, post your thoughts on it (unless your thoughts are "Play a real f***ing guitar" *glares at Ty*).

The bad: There's one thing that I cannot stand, and that's how unsparingly they use 3 fret chords. There's no reason for that bulls***. For instance, 3's And 7's. Almost the whole song is 3 fret chords. This is annoying as hell.

The Good: Everything else. One thing that I really love that probably no-one else noticed from Guitar Hero I and II is the drummer. In most games and especially CG movies, whenever someone is drumming it annoys the everliving hell out of me when they don't get it right. They'll have 3 animations for what really should be 8, hitting the hi-hat when they should be hitting the ride, the snare instead of the toms, etc. But in GHIII it's eerily accurate, even on the PS2.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinion on it... It's at 96% and there is 38 minutes left... I'll let you know in the hour. LoL.

Also, this is a no Darth Groovy zone, too. -Thats a joke, btw. : P

Slightly off topic: Bongo, we need to play Halo 3 some time, never played with you since Beta on it.

Uhh... I've obtained it now. My sister got to my guitar before I could get off the toilet when it was loading, so she's playing Slow Ride on Easy. First thing I noticed is that the graphics are damn ugly for the PS2 version. GH2 looked better IMO.

Also, I thought Judy Nails was a new character and not Judy Nails. And the three characters that I liked: Izzy, Pandora, and Clive Winston are either gone or messed up. Pandora and Clive are gone, and Izzy looks freaking weird. And Xavier Stone looks like a bad caricature of Jimi Hendrix. And Johnny Napalm looks like he's in his 40's and British now, when he was resident the Pants-on-head retard ADHD 20-something guy. Also, the singer looked weird in the 360 demo, but he was an interesting weird looking, like he was kinda eye catching. In PS2 version he looks like an android.

Well, the 360 version is the pick IMO, but if you don't have a 360 or the cash for it, the PS2 version is good also.

I've also admitted defeat on the Expert difficulty. 3 of the final 4 songs just plain kick my ass.

I also put in the unlock all cheat code to try out Through The Fire And Flames. I 3 starred it on hard, and failed in 4 seconds on expert. Though it is fun to play on expert in the practice mode, I got 73% notes hit.

I played through probably 30 of the songs in one sitting. The first 15 songs are snore-fests except for a few exceptions. How do you unlock Through the Fire And Flames? I gots lots of money, but no extra song. : (

The graphics are totally fugly, and it takes forever to save. And thats all I really got to say.

You unlock Through The Fire And Flames by unplugging the power cord beating the game on any difficulty level.

Also, the difficulty curve (on expert at least) is rediculous. The first 30-some songs are easy as hell, and then all of a sudden the difficulty spikes up insanely.

on the wii version or just in general tie?

I don't own a Wii... The PS2 version is what I'm talking about.

Also, the drummer looks down-right retarded. He has no facial animation (not even blinking) and looks like he's in the middle of pushing out a huge turd on a toilet. And I was surprised when it seemed like he was drumming at least somewhat decently, but his animation sucked. His arms were all funky and stuff, totally unnatural.

My opinion on it... It's at 96% and there is 38 minutes left... I'll let you know in the hour. LoL.

Also, this is a no Darth Groovy zone, too. -Thats a joke, btw. : P

Slightly off topic: Bongo, we need to play Halo 3 some time, never played with you since Beta on it.

It's all good if you like the game, I'm not going to dump on it. Look at my sales over the last couple of weeks...GHIII is selling quicker than I can get re-stocked, so other people like it too. It's just not my thing. I like some things that other people would think are silly such as Lumines, and singing games.

However, you declaring any thread a no Darth Groovy zone, especially in the swamp, is an exercise in futility. :tng1:

Also an illegal in thirteen states fashion.

The damndest thing is, I could probably get through most of Through The Fire And Flames, but I just can't get that beginning part down. The solo would only be doable if I got really lucky and hit all the star power parts, but all the super fast strumming parts I can do really well.

I'm still thinking about whether I want this for Wii or not ... Well I guess its not that I don't want it, its just I don't know if I want to pay for it. :p

Am I the only one who likes the PS2 guitar better than the Les Pauls? I wish I could get that one for Wii.

Archived