Home

FINAL FANTASY

DrPhil2501

FINAL FANTASY

the spirit orb

Gaia.

For centuries, the people of Gaia have been living under peace and serenity away from the forces of evil. Elves, humans and other civilised races have forged together a powerful alliance, which governs the world. Technology has now advanced to another stage, resulting the enhancement of the current age. But will new gadgets and weaponry be enough to stop a new kind of deadly evil?

A new breed of cyborg aliens, the Deth, invade Gaia undetected, and have plotted the domination of the world in secret. Already they have raided many towns and major capital cities. It is only a matter of time before they take entire control of Gaia, unless prevented...

Deep within the sunset sky, the city of Valmarias is shown amongst the clouds. It stood still in its place, as if it was part of the sky. It was basically a floating island, filled with buildings and skyscrapers sitting atop of it. Surrounding the city was a solid, round metalic barrier. But one, very large gap was left, and it looked almost like a beach. Covering the large was a long harbor where Airships were docked or approached for docking.

In the distance, entering the boundries of Valmarias, was an Airship approaching; The Gliding Angel.

-----------

Cid lay in the cockpit of the airship, pressing controls and various switched Randon didn't know what. Randon Seer too was in the cockpit, watching the scene of the approaching magnificients of the city.

"We there yet?" he said sarcastically. Cid ignored him. The First Mate pulled at his mouthpiece of his pilot headset.

"We will be approaching Valmarias in t-minus 5 minutes. If we want this heist to go smoothly as planned, I suggest we get ready!"

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Angle's captain Solidus watched his ship creep closer to the sky city in the observation deck. After hearing his first mates message over the intercom, Solidus went to his room to collect his weaponry and Libra Device. He then headed to the cockpit where his firstmate and pilot were stationed. "Randon," Solidus said leaning on the back of his chair "You planned this all out. How are we going to get in?"

Angel stood on the dock, staring at the beautiful city of Valmarias. She smiled. Being a crew of The Gliding Angel was sweet!

"Beautiful. Just... beautiful." Angel continued to look at the city from the ship.

This, the young girl thought, was going to be an adventurous day.

~This is what I'm afraid of...~FFWM

Errol stood silently, gazing thoughtfully at the great city of Valmarias, anticipating the city with welcome arms. The city, itself, looked like a giant scatter of gems, luminous light bouncing off of the buildings, with it protected by a magical aqua-like barrier, as it gracefully danced above the clouds, teasing any trace of gravity.

He looked wide eyed at the city, and then tore himself away from the observation deck, ready to get any equipment he may need. After all, he thought, I wouldn't want to go without anything.... Errol left to his tiny, cramped room, where he sat down on his fluffy, bed, and looked across the room. He picked up his eletric-blue Magick staff, entirely wooden crossbow, and tied on the ancient cloak, fitching his fingers across the silky, white exterior.

He stood up and began pacing around the ship, reciting any of the spells he knew.

Land...its been forever.

Suki Hawkeye, a pale girl with brown hair and eyes, walked along the deck. Her white robe blowing from a gust of wind. She looked her fellow crew members passing by , when they saw her they quickly turned away. She was thought of as spooky and weird. Most people thought she was a mute since she rarely spoke. They were shocked when they would hear her husky voice doing spells.

Suki watched the clouds, they were oddly calming considering her horrible past with airships. She spotted Angel and smiled briefly.

((Sorry, FFWM. I promise to write longer.))

Angel turned to Suki, and smiled. She came by her side.

"Man, this is great! It's been a while, since we been on land." Angel shook her head, smiling at the city. "Can't wait for the adventure we're gonna have."

She turned to Suki. Although people thought of her as an outcast, Angel thought of Suki as a good friend. She continued to smile, and placed a gentle hand on Suki's shoulder.

"Hey. Don't ever let yourself down. Forget what other people think. You're special for who you are. Don't forget that."

Angel turned, wondering. "I wonder what Errol and the others are up to. Oh well..."

The boy left silently through his room, to the observation deck. Errol ran up to the dock, looking outward to see the grand city, flying majestically in the sky, and then his attention came to his companions, towards the end of the deck. he first one he saw was Suki, the most latest addition of The Gliding Angel. She was...differant from the rest. Quiet, shy, and somewhat outspoken. Somewhat like me, I guess.. he grinned, and his attention moved to Angel. Angel was always cheery, smart, and pretty. The two developed some kind of bond throughout the few months.

He ran swiftly towards the two, with a small beset on his face. "It looks nice out here...isn't Angel?" Errol said, his hazel eyes gazing into hers. "Suki?" The mage said, looking at his fellow white mage. This area definately had a peaceful aura to it...or so it seemed.

Angel smiled at Errol as he came by Suki and her. To her, he was a nice young man. Quiet, kind, and thoughtful. Angel always thought of Suki and Errol as two great friends... along with Randon.

"Oh, yes, Errol! It's nice indeed. Wonder where the Captain and the others are at though." She shrugged. She knew the captain and the others were fine. Besides, Captain Solidus was the best captain ever! If you messed with him... well... it probably wouldn't be a pretty sight.

Angel smelled the fresh air as the three friends stood on the dock of The Gliding Angel. "Gosh, I can't wait to start our journey here! Who knows what adventures we may run into."

The young girl was always excited about going in new and old places. It made her feel like she was a great explorer.

But the thought about losing her friends made her feel worried. If anything happened to them... Angel would be there to help.

Although Suki rarely talked she really did feel like she had a best friend in Angel so she would talk freely in front of her.

" Yes I remember the outcasts here are great fun and rather helpful. The people with authority here however are the least helpful. Complete 'Gods Complex'. They rarely help those beneath them but love to critize and abuse them. I must say that I have not missed but there are a few people I have."

It was good that Suki felt comfortable talking around Angel. But the thought of those higher than other people who critize the ones beneath made her feel bad. She always thought of helping others, whether they liked it or not.

She glanced down. "I understand too. People can be so cruel these days. I wish we all could do something about it."

Angel looked at Suki again. "When you say 'There are a few people you have', did you mean you have a family?"

The young girl always wondered if Suki had a family. The thought of her family came to mind. She tried her very best to forget the fire that burned down her farm and home... and the fire that killed her parents.

Errol merely looked down at the the puffy little wiffs of clouds, watching them support the city, even though it looked like the city would have began crashing into a firey, burning death to the ground below. Despite the fact Valmarias was a giant city, in reality, it looked much smaller than he expected, however the length of the city made up for its width.

The white mage tore his eyes away from the window to look at his companions, when he heard Angel request Suki a question regarding her family. He looked forward at Angel and then to Suki.

"I'd like to know too...of course, only if you feel like talking about it," he said with a reassuring smile, standing next to Angel, with both of they're eyes looking at Suki.

Suki looked down at the clouds. " My parents were killed not far from here. We were on our ship and it was..." Suki sniffled. " Bad guys overtook the ship and that sword , the sword with an emerald handle, was used on both my mother and father....in front of me.I hid until they docked then escaped. A red mage found me. She told me of my 'gift'. I had no home but among the poor there was a sense of family. That was ten years ago. Then a couple years ago I left and met you guys and you guys have become my family. I vowed you guys would not meet the same fate as my parents. So far so good." she gave a weak smile.

Eroll looked blankly at Suki and merely nodded. Not because he didn't care, but mainly because he didn't exactly know what to say, after all, Errol was known to be quiet. "I-I'm sorry..." with his voice trailing off he looked back down, out the window, with a somewhat expressionless look on his face.

"How much longer, until we can go into the city...?" Errol muttered softly. The mage turned swiftly around and looked into Suki's eyes. "Are you okay?" Errol said, walking over to Suki, taking concern for her.

" I'm good." Suki gave the shy mage a hug and blushed.Truth be told she had a crush on her fellow mage but was to afraid of rejection to act on her feelings.

" You and Angel are my best friends. How can I be sad with such great friends. I have no idea where the Captain is though. Hmmm maybe the Captain's still asleep. Last night was rough. That storm came out of nowhere, luckily the weather is better now."

"Okay, Solid..." Randon said in responce to his captain. "As we all know, the new years eve is tonight. Meaning there will be a festival. Now, the Royal Family will likely be hosting the festival, thus providing us with a little "diversion". We can enter the citadel using the roof top access, as minimal security is present. You following?

[[[ Am redoing posts to fit...]]]

The male white mage blushed slightly, and shrugged off the hug, with a tiny smile looking at Suki, and he started to walk off when he heard the Captains gruff voice yell at them to come.

Errol, stalking down the catwalk, meeting with his other companions; entering with a timid smile. It had been a long day, most likely due to the ferocious storm from the other night, and everyone was somewhat tired. "That sounds like a good plan..." He said nervously, his hazel eyes looking into the captain, awaiting his approval, as Errol twiddled his thumbs, silently going over the plan Randon had given them.

It had been a toll on him, this trip, after all he had no prior experience to riding on a airship, and was about as happy as a little child getting a new toy, although, he was sure that most people whom had never been on an airship before would feel the same. He chuckled as he remembered his first days of being on the ship, and always getting confused by the complicated scematics of the Airship. The Gliding Angel itself was truelya marvel, small and sleek, but nearly big enough to host ten people.

Errol sighed, "but my opinion is invalid, I'm only a cleric. What is your thoughts on it, captain?" he grinned sheepishly, blinking at the Captain. Even though it had been a few months, the group themselves were almost like family. All of them were very...distinguished from each other. Errol himself was very timid, and gullible, and somewhat...naive. Or at least that's what Master always reffered to me as

( I'm on the ship ,I'm redoing some of my posts to fit.)

Suki watched Errol walk away. Her heart sank. ' I hear the Captain!' she said to herself and worked her way to were the Captain was.

" Hi Captain ! So sorry I'm late!" she bowed to the Captain. " So sorry! I missed something important didn't I. " she walked over to Errol and bowed her head in shame.

"Actually, you didn't." Randon replied, as Suki antered the room. "We are just going over the plan again, which i have repeated so many times, I can't even remember..."

Randon looked out the cockpit window, and saw the view of the harbor. He then pulled out from within his jacket a folded piece of paper. As he unfolded it, the paper revealed a what appeared to be schematics of The Royal Citadel, the largest building on Valmarias and home of the Royal Family who governs the city.

"Anyway, the Floor Level is usually tight with security. Most especially around the first balcony, where the Royals are hosting the New Years Eve Festival. But the higher levels howver have less guards. At the very top roof of the Citadel will be a opening of a shaft which runs all the way down the building, where three of us will dive down and reach the 40th floor, where the artifact is likely located."

Randon took a deep breath after saying all of that, then continued. "The only thing we haven't sorted out is the team. As I am highly skilled with thievery, that makes one."

"And I most certainly cannot accompany you..." Cid interupted. "Because we need someone, such as myself, to pilot the ship so we can fly to the top of the Citadel..."

((Changed posts too. :D ))

"Sounds good to me." Angel was standing by the door, as she followed Suki to the cockpit.

She sighed. "But Randon's right. We do need teams, and Cid needs to pilot the ship, just in case anything happens."

Angel walked by Suki and Errol's side. Then she whispered to her friends. "Guess Randon got it planned all right."

The young girl giggled. Then brought her attention back to the real situation.

"It could work, but knowing our luck something is going to jump out and bite us in the ass so I'll be taking three people down their with me. Randon, as you seem to be the brains behind this heist, you're coming down with me." Solidus said before looking at the plans. "I've heard rumors about the relic vault being guarded by some fat ass robot so I'd better go in case those rumors are true."

Solidus heard childish laughter coming from behind him. He darted a dark look at the giggling teenager. "Angel," Solidus said "It's time to prove your worth. You'll be coming with us. Makes sense to bring along another thief. And Mr. Cleric, you'll be joining us. Perhaps this little mission will give you something we call self confidence."

Solidus walked forward and turned around so he was facing everyone. "Okay, anybody have any objections? Cause if not, then lets go and be bad guys."

'Mr.Cleric' nodded slightly, embarresed, and looked forth around at the motley crew. Errol sighed, and looked up. "No objections from me, Captain!" He grinned, and looked into the eyes of Randon, Angel, and Suki.

The boy cleared his throat, and silently turned back, into the metallic arch of the doorway. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to get a few potions, remedies, and phoenix downs...just in case." He added cautiously, turning his heel and heading out.

The white mage left to go to the storage section of the airship- basically just basically a giant barren room, save a few barrels and boxes. "Lets see...healing, no...healing? Ugh, some grenades...hea- here they are!" He said, carefully picking out some glass bottles, with a thick blue aquatic element to it.

Ruki followed Errol. " Need help ? I feel like such a burden. I know I'm not the best mage. You are far better at spells than me. Good luck ! I 'm just here to clean up the place. Bit dusty."

She grabbed a feather duster and started cleaning. She also checked if the potions were where they were supposed to be and cataloged how many potions needed to be restocked.

(Read about my character on the Casting Call)

*Meanwhile...

Valmarias was surely a beautiful place, Souvi though. Even as on that somewhat dirty harbor he could feel the grandiosity of that place. "No wonder they call it 'God's Rest'" he though, "Those skyscrapers looked really amazing from the outside. I can't wait to see in."

It took him several minutes to force his way in the city gates. There were tons of people on the streets. But that was expected, after all it was the day of the new year festival. "And the Royal Palace is going to host it, as usual." Souvi chuckled. That would surely make his work, otherwise impossible, child's play. After showing his ID to the gate guard, he finally made into downtown. He whistled as he looked at the buildings, "Now THAT'S beautiful". The Royal Palace shined as a gem before him. Surrounded by walls and guards and by many carts that undoubtedly were full of provisions for the festival. Souvi chuckled again.

He took a last gaze at the Royal Palace and turned back, looking for the Rim Tavern, as planned.

------

STORAGE ROOM

Errol smiled sheepishly, as his cheeks turned into a slight shade of crimson. "N-no, a-actually, I think I have...everything. Don't say such things about yourself, with the amount of progress I've taken throughout this year, my master probablly would've disowned me," The mage said, with a chuckle from his velvet-like voice.

"You'll catch up- hey, maybe even surpass me." He said, tying each of the bottles onto his belt, and bowed. "I-I suppose the...the Captain would want me back now..." He said, itching away nervously.

Angel looked at Errol and Suki as they left. Then she turned back to Solidus, smiling. "I'm ready for anything, captain!"

Solidus was like a father to her. He always knew what to do and how things could be done. It was always great being a Sky pirate with Captain Solidus.

The young girl clapped her hands together. "Well'p... better go get my things too. Gotta be prepared for anything. Yep!"

Angel cheerfully went to her room, making sure that she had everything she needed for the mission.

Archived