Home

FINAL FANTASY

DrPhil2501

*Rim's Tavern, Valamarias*

"Another bottle, boy?" said the barman to Souvi, "Ya sure got guts, not all kids can take a cup of my cider!"

"That'll be enough, Bouel" a blushed Souvi answered, "My stomach is aching". The barbarman laughed loudly and drank of the bottle he was holding. He sat on Souvi's table, his face all blushed.

"Into business already, Bouel." said Souvi, his face turning serious "I find intriguing that Rim isn't here yet". Bouel smile stretched. "M'boy! M'boy! You're too rash. The Souvi I know would first talk to the ladies, tell a story or two to his friends and then talk to the ladies again!" Souvi was still serious, though his voice seemed calmer. "I know that. Sorry for my abnormal behavior, but I really don't have time to spare".

The barman smile faded slowly. He sighted. "I see... Well, don't worry, him will come over late today, with the provisions for the festival". Souvi laid down on his chair and inspired deeply. So Rim was coming for the feast, deep inside he always knew that he wouldn't give up just like that.

Finally smiling, Souvi took the bottle and took a drink and said to the young woman that had just passed.

"Hey there, beautiful..."

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Just so I clarify, we won't be doing it right now! Not when there is still light..." Cid comented. He appraoched the dock, and parked the Airship beside a metal catwalk connecting to the large harbor. "I suggest we wait till night, when the festival running..."

"Ch...." Randon smirked. "And the Captain called me the "brains"..." he thought.

"Meantime, we can hang low for a while, gather some food and supplies."

"True..." Randon aggreed, as he leaned against the co-pilot seat. "We're running short on supplies at the moment. While we're at it, I could duck down to I-Booth and download some maps. Maybe we could learn something..."

He left the cockpit.

"You okay with this Captain? Sticking around a few hours until night time?"

Randon passed by the Storage, just in time to see Errol holding what appeared to be a grenade. He also saw Ruki in the room as well, the new recruit of the Gliding Angel.

He entered the storage, waving his hands in a way telling Errol it was a bad idea.

"Woah-woah-woah... Grenades?" he snatched the grenade from the Mage's hand. "This heist is all about stealth? Are you trying to give away our position by setting off loud bangs? At least use flash bombs, or gas grenades... or something less lethal..."

Suki let out a giggle . " Your right when I think stealthy I don't think of things that go BOOM. Umm Sir we are majorly low on healing potions and those gas grenades. "

Suki pointed to the nearly empty last bottle of healing potion.

" I know some people who know people that can give a discount on potions. It pays to have a native of Valamarias on board doesn't it. Their reliable or my name isn't Suki Hawkeye...oh scratch that real name isn't actually..well nevermind." Suki said nervously." So we have a few hours to kill. I think I'll go see Angel. Bye!" Suki ran off before they could reply.

*Outside Rim's Tavern, Valamarias*

Rueben sighed and looked around. It felt like something big was about to happen, he just didn't know why.

"Oh well," He told himself. "I guess I'll know what's gonna happen when it happens. I can't stand not knowing though."

He turned and walked into the Tavern. When he got inside, he had to put his hands over his ears. Why are they so loud? Could they not deal with a little peace and quiet? Rueben asked himself, as he walked to the bartender's counter.

"Well, well, well... if it isn't our Black Mage." The bartender said, teasingly.

"Hey..." Rueben said. "I'll take a glass of water, as you can probably tell, I don't drink."

"Of course, of course." The bartender said, handing Rueben the water. "Hey... here's your water."

"Huh? Oh, sorry... I'm a little distant today, I keep feeling like something's gonna happen." Rueben said, slowly turning back to face the bartender. "So, had any problems with your patrons recently?" Rueben and the bartender both grinned.

"Not really... just a few, like Souvi over there stalking some of my others." The bartender sighed.

Rueben looked up, and for the first time he saw Souvi chasing after a pretty blonde girl. "Poor girl..." Rueben said. "I guess I'd better go stop him before it gets outta hand... he's drunk anyway, why'd you let him drink so much?"

"He asked for it... otherwise I wouldn't have given it..." The bartender started.

"Yeah, but I'm always the one that has to deal with it..." Rueben said, grimacing. "HEY SOUVI!" Rueben ran over to where Souvi was chasing the girl and grabbed a hold of him. "Snap out of it..." Rueben said, shaking Souvi. "Leave the poor girl alone... you're scaring her."

Angel sat on her bed of the room, packing her handgun in her small purple bag. As she packed, thoughts came into her mind.

She remembered that a old and wise White Wizard gave her Blast Powers to protect herself and others. It was a gift, because she helped the wizard who was hurt. He was dressed like a poor man.

The young girl grinned. Then she took a picture from her desk. When she looked at it, there were her parents... and her, as a little girl. The thought of losing her parents made her feel hurt badly.

Angel closed her eyes, as tears twinkled from her eyes.

*Rim's Tavern, Valmarias*

Souvi shook his arm of whatever was holding him. He expected an angry boyfriend of sorts, but it was just Rueben, with a glass of - he chuckled when he saw it - water.

"Rueben... How can we we merge in the crowd if we don't meddle with the locals?" Said Souvi "Besides, she seemed to like me."

Rueben shook his head on disapproval. He was about to say something when Souvi began to talk again. "But maybe you can explain me why aren't you on..." His voice turning into a whisper, "the ship. Still worried about our plans?"

"Laughing at me? Hey... at least I'm sober right now... besides you know I don't drink. But to answer your question... I'm very worried..." Rueben said. "Plus... eh... naw... I'll tell you later."

Rueben's red eyes grew wide...

"Something tells me we're in for a bumpy ride, my friend." Rueben said. "Something is going to happen to the two of us... but what could it be..."

Rueben's face contorted... it looked as though Souvi was about to barf. Hold it in till you get to the bathroom... please. Rueben wanted to say... but he couldn't, he was gagging at the thought of it. Rueben closed his eyes, to block the image, but then remembered that it was in his mind. Rueben took three deep breaths and blocked the image from his mind. When he opened his eyes... he saw something he didn't expect...

"Master Rim!" said the bartender, "you're here! already!"

The tall figure was standing by the tavern doors. A strange vision to anyone for sure, but a very respectful one. He was holding a wooden cane, but he did looked perfectly capable of walking. He had a very wide gray hat on his head, on top of his silver hair and was in a black coat.

"Yes, Bouel. I've decided to come earlier to make sure all the preparations for the festival tonight were working perfectly, and..." Rim looked at Souvi and Rueben, "to greet our very dear friend, of course".

Souvi looked steady, like he had never seen any cider that day. Rueben was in position too, though he looked a little disoriented.

"Mr. Rim..." Souvi said, "I'm grateful you've chosen to come by earlier to meet us".

Rim nodded. Then looked at Shan. "Friend of yours?" Souvi gasped. He totally forgot to introduce them one to the other. Rueben knew Bouel from Rim' Tavern on the Goliath Colony, but never met Rim in person. Despite his young age, Souvi knew lots of people. And the right people.

"Yes, I picked him up some years ago. A good, but overzealous bud." Souvi lowered his voice "and is of total trust. And a vital part of the plan". Rim smiled. If Souvi trusted him, then he too would.

"Okay, gentleman, I think we should begin the preparations."

((Hey Ctrl_Alt_Del... what is your "plan"?))

Rueben bit his lip...

"I'm Rueben Shan... I'm a Black Mage..." Rueben said. "Although you probably already know that because of my dark robes. Look... before we do anything... there is something you probably need to know."

Rueben took a deep breath, but stayed silent... awaiting their response. How should I say this? This plan ain't gonna work... Rueben told himself.

Rueben:

The same objective as the Gliding Angel crew.

Souvi raised an eyebrow. "With that feeling yet? Don't worry we're going to get the palace clean tonight. I promise it won't be as the slums on Goliath".

Rim watched, amused. "I suppose he isn't used to this kind of action." This time, Souvi smiled. "As I said, he's overzealous, but don't get him wrong, his skills are unparalleled and, when it comes to a fiery fight, he's of more use than your right arm". Rim seemed convinced.

Souvi did recognize that the plan wouldn't be easy: Even as the dispersed Royal Guards would be looking after the feast, it would be difficult still to infiltrate the palace.

"Well..." Rueben said. "It's actually not that feeling... that's got me... worried... it's something else. You remember when I looked rather... quezy? Well when I opened my eyes, I saw something... something magnificent, yet terrible. I... I think I forsaw the battle... and we lost to another group of people. I'm not sure who they are, or where they come from for that matter... I've never seen them in my life."

Rueben looked at his feet... he didn't want to say the rest of his... "vision" but he knew he had to. "I also forsaw the death of... of... Mr. Rim." Rueben said, in almost a whisper. "But I won't let that come true... I'll protect him at all costs... even my own life. This won't be easy let me tell you... even if we do defeat the 'mystery' people... we'll still have to get through the guards... which is gonna be tough. You know how much this feast means for the Royal Family... they had their guards train for over 6 months... I can get in with no trouble... remember the past six months Souri? I inflitrated the palace, and pretended to be a teacher/scholar... the guards will recognize me and assume that I'm here for the feast. But they will attack you... even if your with me... the feast is by invitation only..."

STOP! Rueben told himself. QUIT TRYING TO TALK YOURSELF OUT OF IT! Souri needs your help and your gonna give it! Rueben inhaled deeply, then let the air out with a sigh, gathering himself.

As Souvi grimace, Rim eyes were unfocused. But he didn't looked in fear at all. "I do believe in what you said to have seen, Shan." Rim said, "but you two are going to need my help for a successful infiltration on the Palace and I won't let Souvi down". Rueben still seemed unconvinced.

"Rueben, you have your entrance on the Palace, but I don't." Souvi grimace turning into a half smile. "And that's where my dear friend Rim comes in".

Rueben blinked as Souvi asked Rim where the "crates" were. Rim aimed his finger to six barrels standing together on the corner of the hall. They had a label on them that said: "Wine - Palace - Festival"

Souvi turned to Rueben. "So, you see... That's my way in".

"You do know that they check inside those crates right? Oh well... I'll distract the guards while these crates are being brought in." Rueben said, frowning.

Rueben nodded, mostly to himself. This is gonna be hard... Rueben told himself. Maybe if I could cast Blizzarga on the palace... hmmmm... that might work. But what if they realize what's going on when a sudden snow storm just pops up over the palace. No, they wouldn't suspect me... their son maybe, trying to test out his new powers. Rueben went over the plan again in his head, the only part he didn't like is when his friend and his... accomplise were to be smuggled into the palace, but he had no choice about that. Rueben looked into both of their eyes, trying to see what plan they were forming.

"Let's go..." Rueben said. "The festival starts in about two hours... gives you just enough time to get comfortable in the crates, and to get to the festival. I will warn you however... once you get to the palace... it will be cold, so be prepared for that."

Rueben grinned at Souvi, he knew that Souvi knew what that meant.

"You are really a mage of heart and soul, Rueben." Souvi smiled back. "Rim here is a trusted fellow of the palace and he will be on the cart that will take me in. You, as always, got the easy part. Front door, through the first checkpoint, down in the stairs and then to the Palace cellar. I'll be there, and I hope you'll too."

The bartender called Rim, he excused himself and left to attend to whatever he was called for. Souvi stepped close to Rueben. "Blizzard, eh? Listen, this is a covert mission, I don't want to lose you nor my own life, in fact, I want everyone out of this without a scratch, as Utopian as it may sounds".

"Don't worry..." Rueben said. "The Royal family will just think that it's their son testing out his new powers... no one is gonna get hurt."

The grin on Rueben's face grew wider, more prominent. With Blizzard goin... this will be cake walk.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hmmm..." Wonderbread said. "I think... I think I'll wear this one. It says Black Mage, but it also says royalty. What do you think?"

Wonderbread turned to his servant.

"Ummm... I say it'll look like it was fit for a king... and not a prince." The servant said, trying not to offend the prince.

Wonderbread smiled... he could hear the attempt, but pretended like he didn't.

"Go watch for Master Shan, will you? Tell me when he gets here." Wonderbread said.

"Right away, your majestay!" The servant said, relieved to finally being able to leave the room.

The servant ran out the door, and Wonderbread laughed. He put on the clothes he had picked out and walked out of the room, composed in what seemed like arrogance.

Now... the arrogance that was eminating from him was just a show... he was more or less a kind hearted person with the will for his kingdom to prosper.

Nightfall. "Goddammit, Rueben!" Souvi said while hardly trying to fit on the relatively small sized wine barrel "Gimme a little help over, please!"

Most of the patrons had already left the tavern, all of them going to the Palace gardens undoubtedly. The street was desert except for Rim, Rueben, Bouel and Souvi. All of them near a cart full of barrels and crates. It was minutes long until Souvi finally managed to get into the empty barrel and then Rim started to ride the cart, along with Rueben. Bouel stayed behind.

Souvi was sweating, but he was not that nervous, the inside of the barrels seemed like a blast furnace. After what seemed a eternity, they finally reached the crowded palace gates. Souvi could tell that because it was getting noisy. Rueben descended from the cart and talked to the gate guards. After some seconds, he pointed out the rear entrance for Rim and entered the palace.

As soon as the cart entered the cellar, Rim quickly opened the stowaway's barrel and Souvi rolled on the floor, knife at hand. "Are you okay?" Rim asked.

"I think so" Souvi answered. Then shook his head. "I'll be better when Rueben comes down here and..." Souvi abruptly stopped talking. Hard steps could be heared from the door near them. It sounded like someone on armor was coming.

Rueben frowned when he saw the knife in Souvi's hand.

"So you don't want a disguise?" Rueben asked, teasingly. "I hate these boots... they're so uncomfortable... and loud, but his royal highness asks me to wear it, so he'll know that I'm coming. I'm going to go talk with the prince... he gets... bored when he's around the older nobles, and if he gets bored he'll get me in trouble because of his powers."

Rueben threw the armor down, but looked up and made eye contact with Suki. "You can come out now... I, and my friends, know your here..."

Rueben then left and went out and up to the palace.

"MASTER SHAN!" Wonderbread said, running to greet his friend.

"Have you been good, since I've been gone?" Rueben asked, giving him a hug. Before he could answer though, Rueben spoke up... "Yeah that's what I thought." Rueben rolled his eyes. "Have we actually been apart for so long that you forget that I can read your emotions?"

The prince beamed... "Of course not!" He exclaimed.

"You've been practicing with magic I see..." Rueben said, staring at the sky that was now gray. Snow began to fall...

"Well... all I can get is the sky to be gray... you apparently helped me out with that... because I wouldn't have been able to make it snow." Wonderbread said.

Rueben winked. "I know... just don't let your parents know... I want them to be proud of you, and not of me."

*Empress Padme and Rueben* We seen to have a continuity problem. For that, I'll just assume that Sakura showed up AFTER Rueben left. One more thing, the Glidng Angel crew haven't made their way yet to the Palace, I think that they should before we start our show there.

"That must be the most crowded cellar on the world." Souvi said slowly, while grabbing his knife again. "I'm wondering if you're lost, mistress, or if the festival was changed from the gardens to the Castle underground."

" I could say the same for you." Sakura said , tightly holding her Serpant Rod. " I'm here for two reasons. One of them is to find an old friend that I'm sure will be here tonight. I had to hide somewhere until then and no ships have docked so she isn't here yet. The second reason I'm here well I wouldn't miss out on the show. My friend wouldn't miss trying to steal a certain valuble item. I think the same could be said for you. Don't worry I'm not here to steal it for myself. I love the rush I get from the adventure more than the actual destination."

Souvi didn't move and looked back at Rim. Souvi could barely believe in what he saw: He was unloading the barrels. On that situation. He sure was strange.

"Listen up girl" Souvi said, turning to her, "no matter what you say, I won't let you ruin our show tonight. I know nothing about your friend and neither that she was on this same profession. And I'm not sure if I should let you leave, as you probably will warn the guards about us..."

" I won't rat on you. No fun in that then I'd miss your show. I must say I hope you get instead of her. Trust me when I say if I saw you both about to get it I would trip her not you. I'm just the femme fatale of this show. Whether you like it or not and I do hope you like. See you around hot stuff. If you wanna find me or tell the guards on me I'll be by the fountain." she winked then started to leave." Pity I was so hoping I could team up with you." she waved bye bye and headed to the fountain.

Souvi ran after her but she disappeared on the corridor. Putting his knife back on his waist, Souvi said, mostly to himself. "Pity. She was beautiful. Must she be armed and dangerous too?" Then he waved his hand, smiling and thinking what Rueben would think of this. Back on the room, Rim finished unloading the barrels and was getting on the cart again.

"That's it Souvi, I'm done here. I must get going or the guards will suspect and come over". Souvi did a positive sign with his hands and opened the doors for Rim. As he passed, the young scoundrel noticed that it was snowing. Rueben... don't blow it, please.

Rueben smiled at his friend. "Do you trust me?"

"Of course." The prince replied. "Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know..." Rueben answered, truthfully. "But if I were to ask you travel with me, would you... would you leave your life of luxury behind you, and help US better the kingdom?"

"OF COURSE! Anything to better the kingdom!" Wonderbread exclaimed. "But you said us... is there more of ya'll?"

Rueben hesitated... "Yes... I guess you could call us... Freedom fighters... I guess. I'm actually extending my hand and asking... would you like to join us?"

"YES!" Wonderbread nearly shouted. "OF COURSE!"

"Calm down... you must be prepared to leave by the end of the night..." Rueben said, calmly.

Wonderbread ran to his room, and grabbed his sword, and strapped it to his waist. He was ready... he could buy more clothes later.

It didn't took long for Souvi to reach the veranda. He had to keep his distance from nearby passing guards as they passed by, distracted by the waiter work that had fallen on them that night. From there, Souvi could have a nice look on the palace gardens and the surroundings. The area where the crowd was entertained was full of torches from all the sides. All those people cemented together and this fire won't let them feel this damned shaking cold he thought, Not that they would even noticed if a behemoth invaded the courtyard, given how drunk they all must be.

The nobles were getting an equally hot party up on the great halls. He could hear the classical music from beneath the floor, and laughts and the hoarse voices...

Souvi scanned the environment a little longer then turned to the tower on the other side of the castle. Ah, the objective. He grinned while putting his goggles on. His vision of the distant tower was magnified 2, 3, 4 and 5 times the normal. Much better. Let's see: Four guards... He checked his watch thirty minutes for the change of guards. The reserves will be there, and so will I.

Archived