Home

FINAL FANTASY

DrPhil2501

"Got everything?" Souvi asked his companions, "If every essential stuff is with you, don't mind getting it! We need to get out of here!" As he finished saying that, the candle on the creature's off-hand lit and began to shake. If what Souvi heard about them was true, something really bad was going to happen unless...

Souvi tried to reach out his smoke grenades on his backpack. With luck, the Tonberry would be confused and lose their track. It was worth the shot. With a quick throwing gesture, he released the grenade containment and threw it on the small lizard.

"Let's get going! We need to quit this gorge!" Souvi warned the others.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angel ran beside Souvi. "Smart thinking. But you're right! We need to get outta here!" She grabbed her things.

"Randon! C'mon. Forget that lizard. We gotta scram!"

The young teenager glanced at Rueben and Errol. "You guys got everything?" She asked. Angel noticed that the smoke grenade was starting to take affect.

((Sorry guys... my schedule's been hectic... my grandma's in the hospital, I got invited to join a band, school production is coming up... and on top of that a lot of other stuff... so I may be a bit inactive on the RP for long periods of time...))

"I've got everything I need..." Rueben said, looking for an excuse to watch Angel. "But what about you? You look... well you look like you forgot something... important? Well maybe not vital important, or anything, but with your eyes tell me that you forgot something important to you..."

Rueben smiled, and stood inbetween Souvi and Wonderbread, to prevent them from fighting.

"Something worth risking your life for, missy?" Souvi stretched his neck to have a clear view at Angel. "Think about it... or don't. We don't have time to ponder about stuff, you'll have to trust me."

Souvi reached a tree with his arms and craved his knife at it. Jumping from branch to branch, he reached the top of the tall wood trunk. He was looking for the exit of that canyon. He scanned the surroundings until he identified what seemed a small darkened passage.

"South from here!" He told the others as he jumped on the forest floor, beside his knife. "I saw what seemed a natural ladder back to the mountain surface!"

Angel grinned. Then she noticed... that she dropped her silver necklace. The one her mother gave her before she died.

"My mom's necklace!!!" She turned, and looked at the ground. Suddenly, she saw a bright figure on the ground. Angel ran towards it. But suddenly... the Tonberry, who was skilled with knives, threw it, and stabbed Angel on the shoulder.

The young girl screamed in pain. Luckily, she wasn't hurt too badly. Angel struggled on her feet. Then she began to clench the necklace in her hand.

"You... crazed Tonberry! You'll pay for that!"

"South from here!" He told the others as he jumped on the forest floor, beside his knife. "I saw what seemed a natural ladder back to the mountain surface!"

Angel glared at the Tonberry. "Saved by the bell..."

Randon couldn't see clearly through the smoke made by Souvi's grenade. Regardless, Randon fired his gun at random spots through the screen in hopes of hitting something.

"Then lets get going..."

And with that, Randon began running with the others out of the clearing and into the dense green jungle. Like last night, he used his sword as a machete to cut through obstacles. Only this time he was running. He heard a strange cry through the forest, as well as rushing through the leaves, which weren't made by the crew. They were being persuid...

Suddenly out of no where, Randon was knocked down on his back. It took him a few seconds to realise that a Tonberry had pinned him down. Randon was stop a knife going into his eye by grabbing the scaley hand. He gritted his teeth and pushed the critter aside with all his strength. Then he finished the job by shooting the lizard dead.

A confusing scenario at best. Souvi thought about the current situation while trying to find everyone on that mess.The smoke that was exhaled by the grenade he had thrown didn't make things any easier. He clearly heard three screams that projected distinctively between the other ones. The first was sharp yell of pain, that he recognized to be from Angel. She wasn't really far, but her voice sounded too smooth, as if she was laid on the floor.

The second voice was from a man. Again, he he sounded like he was in pain. It wasn't as clear to Souvi who was the screamer, this time. He wasn't sure if it was Randon or Solidus, but there wasn't much he could do to help, as the man's voice was pretty distant., however, on the same direction as Angel's.

There was a large pause between the second and the third scream, much greater than the one from the first to second. This one was bestial, he was pretty sure that none of his teammates could have been the source of that. And for the third time, it was a pain manifestation. After that, he felt the forest getting a little warmer.

Angel ran by Randon's side, and glanced down at the Tonberry. She smirked. "Ha! That's what you get for hurting me! I knew you'd get it."

She looked at Randon, and smiled. "Thanks, Randon. Hope we didn't lose the others." Angel saw the other crew running. "There they are! C'mon!"

The young teenaged girl grabbed Randon's hand, leading him to where the others were running. "Boy, the forest is sure warm. No wonder why they call it the "Rainforest."

Angel made sure that no other Tonberries were going to interfere with the crew members.

Souvi ran on the direction of the screams. While getting back to where the Tonberry was, was just crazy on his concept, he needed to find his companions. He managed to catch up with Rueben and co, with Errol being the notable exception. Pressing foward, he saw Angel running quite fast and Randon on her feet. "What, what just happened? Where is Errol?" Souvi questioned his teammates as he saw them. They explained the situation to him, breathless.

"I see... killed you say?" Souvi reflected. Then chuckled. "Yeah, well, have you checked if it's really dead? Forget about it, where's Errol again? I haven't seen that boy since I've thrown that grenade."

((did you just call me a girl, Ctrl-Alt-Del?!?!?))

With all the confusion, he was thankful that Angel had led him back to the group. As the two caught up, they were approached by Souvi.

"What, what just happened? Where is Errol?"

"We had a little encounter from that lizard-thing. I shot it dead..."

""Yeah, well, have you checked if it's really dead? Forget about it, where's Errol again? I haven't seen that boy since I've thrown that grenade."

"I thought he was with you guys? Well, I can only assume he'll catch up to us. That, or I'm going back after him!"

Beside Cid, Errol was Randon's best friend on the crew. And if everyone stuck together, they have a better chance of survival.

((Ooooh! :lol: ))

Angel agreed with Randon. "I'll go with you, just in case. Rueben and the others will be fine. It's strange. I also thought he was with the others."

She turned to Souvi. "Let's hope none of the other crew members get toasted by those overgrown lizards! We need to keep everyone together, if we're gonna survive this forest."

She looked around, wondering where Errol was at. If something happened to him... she'd get worried sick.

((Uh oh! Somebody's going AFK on us :lol: Well'p... we can have a short look for Errol anyway, grab his character and take off.))

"Alright, c'mon kiddo!" Randon told Angel. "You guys continue on course. We'll catch up! Anybody else is free to come with us, but please be careful!"

Randon and his accompanying party headed back towards the limits of their campsite. Still on the look-out for Errol or Tonberries. He used his senses to try and locate their missing companion... he could hear something. A panting... huffing and puffing from a familiar voice.

"That way..." Randon pointed in the direction of the faint panting. They were getting closer...

((Oh dear... :D ))

As Angel followed Randon, she could also hear faint panting nearby. Was it Errol? She hoped so... because he was her best friend, after all.

"Ya think it's Errol? I hope nothing bad happened to him!" Angel said, wiping her forehead. She thought about the potion Errol gave her. If he was hurt... she was willing to give him some of the Healing potion.

She sighed. "Those Tonberries better not interfere with our mission... or I'm gonna get really upset!"

Randon smirked back at Angel, "There, there Angel! Its bad enough already that Errol is missing." he chuckled.

His sharp hearing could feel Errol's panting getting closer... and closer, as they moved in the direction it was coming from. Randon charged out a bush, and sure enough found the tired figure of Errol.

"Next time, will you please stay with the group? You had us very worried there!"

"Could you please hurry, your royal smart-ass?" Souvi was yelling at Wonderbread. "I don't care of what may be hurting, we need to get the hell out." They pressed forward to the exit of the gorge, though Souvi had on mind his companions were behind. He noticed that Rueben wanted to tell him something.

"Spill it." He stopped running, and so did Rueben and Wonderbread. "What's troubling you so much?"

((Meowster told me that he might retire from the RP, until then. He also said that he might come back, if he has the chance too. But for right now, he said we could make Errol a NPC character.))

Angel crossed her arms, and grinned. "Yeah! Next time, tell us if you wanna take a rest!" She looked around, wondering if they themselves lost the other crew.

"Aww, snap! I hope we didn't lose the others!" Angel said, groaning.

She turned back to Errol. "Are you rested up now? We really need to get back with the others, in case something happens."

As Errol responded, Randon tried to find the others by using his enhanced hearing. A few hundred meters away, he could hear the voices of Souvi and Rueban.

"Okay, lets get out of here... Errol, stick with the group!"

It was a little difficult tracking the group, as they were moving. But it was under Randon's assumption that they were heading to the exit of the gorge. He also listened in for hostile creatures, like Tonberries.

Suddenly, a black-striped cobra lunged out of a green bush growing on the soil. It wasn't pleased to see intruders of the forest nearing its territory.

"Yikes, I hate snakes..." he snatched the neck of the slithering reptilian-worm, where it bared its dripping venomous fangs. He threw it away into the forest, but as his arm was outstretched, a large knife ran across his wrist.

The knife came from the bush, where outcame a Tonberry. "Ouch! You things are really starting to bug me!"

The Tonberry lunged its large knife at Randon, while the he tried to dodge it. It slashed across his leather armour, but luckily didn't inflict damage! He grabbed his sword to try and parry the attacks!

Angel turned to Errol. "We gotta help him! C'mon!" She ran to where the Tonberry was attacking Randon. She created a very powerful aura in her hands, and blasted her power against the wretched creature.

"Die, Tonberry! Die!" Angel turned, and gestured Errol to get Randon away with her head. "Errol! Get Randon! Hurry!" As Errol did that, Angel faced the Tonberry again.

After she was done with defeating the creature, Angel turned to Randon, and ran by his side. "Here. Let me help you." She pulled out a long white cloth, and wrapped it around Randon's wrist, so it would stop the bleeding.

"Are you okay?" Angel asked, concerned. She figured that she should use the Healing potion too.

Randon made a rough groan at the inflicted wound on his wrist. Then e smiled up at Angel as she wraped the cloth aroun his wrist.

"I'm fine..." then he looked down at the dead Tonberry. "He's not..." he started laughing. Blood soaked through the cloth, but it held it the wound together. "Thanks Angel. You should become a nurse, or somethin'..."

He could hear the others a distance away, still moving toward the exit of the canyon. "We gotta move! Stick with us, Errol!"

And with that, Randon and his accompanying party fled into the green. They were begining to catch up, as Randon could tell. The distant breathing and talking was like an echo in Half-Elf's pointed ears! Leaves and small branches smacked into the rushing Randon. He could hear the others getting closer...

Finally, Randon could see in the distance of the jungle at least five other figures. Souvi, Rueban, Wonderbread, Solid, Suki and Sakura. All were remaining on the path, which was lit by the bright blue sky.

"Missed us?" he greeted.

Angel ran to Rueben, and hugged him. She closed her eyes, and smiled. "Boy, are we glad to see you all alive!" When she let him go, she turned to Souvi.

"It's a good thing that we're almost out of this rainforest! I was beginning to get bored." Angel scratched her head, and smiled.

She then turned to Errol. "And you are lucky to alive as well." She grinned, and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Angel sighed. "Well! Shall we go now?"

"Sure." Souvi answered Angel, smiling back. "But I think you'll be bored, nevertheless. Bored and cold, the mountains just get worse from here." Errol hemmed and everyone looked to him. He manifested his worries about the Tonberries. Souvi yawned while stretching himself, easy going, before answering.

"I wouldn't mind them that much. They're territorial and we were on their spot, so they're probably not going after us. frankly, even if they did, it wouldn't be fast enough to catch us. See the first one we found? It took so much time for it to attack that we could have made a cup of Mandragora Tea and still shoot it dead! Blame me or Randon's "random" cofee machine for not warning us." Errol laughed at this and so did the others for the notable exception of Randon.

"But surely your device can still point the way?" He said, turning to the half-elf. " Remember, I'm completely lost until we hit Ayshell. And then there's the Dragons..."

"Dragons?!?" Randon over-reacted. "I hope you Wyverns... not the hostile type dragons...."

Facing dragons was a tough challenge. Especially with the fact that they breath fire and are at least three twice the size of a man. Randon sighed and moved on. He pulled out his electronic map to see where they were.

"Okay... if we take this detour that runs across the creek, we should be able to exit this bloody canyon in no time..."

He put the map away, picked up a long stick and started hiking...

Angel grinned when she heard the word "Dragons". She never really seen one before. Only read stories about them. It would be interesting to see one... but she knew it would be dangerous.

She began to walk by Randon's side. "If we do see a dragon... I'll try my best to protect everyone here. I mean, although I never seen one... it'd be quite interesting if I did."

The young girl smiled, and continued to walk. She glanced back, making sure every crew member was there walking with them.

((Hey sorry guys... I'm out after this post, keep my characters as NPC's or someone else could take them over or you guys could just flat out kill them... I've just got too much on my mind right now... and with this being the second semester of school, the teachers are givin us MUCH more homework. And yes, I get distracted very easily... so I can't be around a computer while I've got homework to do.))

"Dragons aren't very subtle... trust me, you'll see one." Rueben said, rolling his eyes. "Last time I was with the King, other than the party, a dragon tried to attack us... thankfully I had enough power to sheild us from the attack, at least until we could get away."

Wonderbread cocked his head to one side, then nodded at Rueben's tale. "I was watching from the palace's tower... it was quite amusing..."

((That's really bad to hear Rueben :( ))

"Oh! So your highness dared to watch on his" Souvi put some emphasis there "unsafe Palace Tower? You really are something milord!"

With satisfied look, Souvi accelerated his pace, following Randon lead. The cold was coming back, but it wasn't the same that the Tomberries emanated, the treacherous mountaintop was getting closer by the minute, soon they would see the White Death.

Everyone was now trying to escalate a particularly high cliff. Souvi never missed his airship so much.

"So... if I got that right... this is a bypath? Three less hours on... our travel?" He asked Randon, panting.

Archived